ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 58
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

Sassy Squatch 06:53 PM 03-11-2019
Does no one remember when Mathieu was considered one of, if not the best slot CBs in football?
wheeler08 06:53 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I feel like half the defense is turning over this year. And I guess that's fine when you've got the #31 defense, but I think we all speculated that it was more about scheme than talent.

Whatever. I'm wearing my Mahomes headband and I'm along for the ride.
I just told a friend who’s a Colts fan, I don’t think half our defensive starters from last year will be starting next year. And I’m ok with that. I love that they finally have balls to gut the whole defense.

I love this signing. Was a fan of his coming out of college. Looks like a young EB
OnTheWarpath15 06:53 PM 03-11-2019
Can we please ship Dee Ford to the fucking Arctic Circle now so I can change my avatar?

Honey Badger Don't Care.
St. Patty's Fire 06:54 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Ward is going to be a beast. Throw in a little Honey Badger, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...
Ward's play last year was definitely encouraging.

Very interested to see how Spags uses him. I think he could be a good starter.
Mulliganman 06:55 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
His contract is very similar to Watkins in length and overall money.

I bet his cap hit is $6.8 million this season, which would still give us a little over 1$16 million.
Anyone confirm what the cap hit is for this year? Just wondering where we currently stand
TwistedChief 06:55 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
They're smart, too. Observers have seen them use sticks and the spinal cords of other animals as tools. Seriously.

They will kill a poisonous snake or an animal 10 times their size and then play golf with their victim's freaking spinal cord.

FAX
Sweet Daddy is hoping Honey Badger decapitates Dee Ford and beats Eric Berry to death with his skull. That's the resourcefulness some Chiefs fans think this team needs.
pugsnotdrugs19 06:57 PM 03-11-2019
So far we’re the only AFC contender to really make a big move.
HemiEd 06:58 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Well, we're also teetering on the precipice of losing 2/3 of our pass rush capability, Mr. Jerok.

It's like that game where you stack the blocks and try to remove one without tipping the whole damn thing over so you lose control over your fragile emotions and start hurling blocks at your beautiful wife in a disproportionate rage. It's like that.

FAX
:-)
St. Patty's Fire 06:59 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So far we’re the only AFC contender to really make a big move.
Not to mention making Texans lose their best secondary piece.

Although, I would have had them pegged as a team I see regressing next year regardless.
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:59 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sweet Daddy is hoping Honey Badger decapitates Dee Ford and beats Eric Berry to death with his skull. That's the resourcefulness some Chiefs fans think this team needs.
I think Honey Badger could decapitate Ford in SF or GB, run back to the overpass to beat EB's ass with the skull and spinal column, then hustle back to the huddle in time for the next play, yes.
Easy 6 07:03 PM 03-11-2019
Veach and co are SO not fucking around right now

Sweeping changes are being made almost daily, it's been nothing but one big move after another lately... soooooo stoked
Mephistopheles Janx 07:03 PM 03-11-2019
I'm torn on this signing.

On one hand, TM is an outstanding Safety and he plays the position we have the greatest need at. I'm not gonna be mad at elite talent being added to the team.

On the other hand, holy shit did we overpay for him. Not just a little... a LOT when you consider that his contract is little more than a stopgap with an exit after two seasons. If KC was looking for a stopgap solution... why not go harder on Weddle who signed a 2 year deal for $10.5? Sure, Weddle is 34 and the Honey Badger is 26 but is he really worth an extra 9 million per season?

I sure would have loved to see that $9m go towards another FA like Za'Darius Smith who can rush the QB from the outside... especially with Houston now gone.
BigRedChief 07:04 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Bet Berry takes a paycut
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I think so too. He knows he doesn’t deserve all that money
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you think so - or released?
Originally Posted by In58men:
Berry wants a ring. He’ll take paycut
he’s not taking a pay cut of his guaranteed money. But he might restructure to spread out the guaranteed money.
Warpaint69 07:05 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I'm torn on this signing.

On one hand, TM is an outstanding Safety and he plays the position we have the greatest need at. I'm not gonna be mad at elite talent being added to the team.

On the other hand, holy shit did we overpay for him. Not just a little... a LOT when you consider that his contract is little more than a stopgap with an exit after two seasons. If KC was looking for a stopgap solution... why not go harder on Weddle who signed a 2 year deal for $10.5? Sure, Weddle is 34 and the Honey Badger is 26 but is he really worth an extra 9 million per season?

I sure would have loved to see that $9m go towards another FA like Za'Darius Smith who can rush the QB from the outside... especially with Houston now gone.
If you haven’t noticed early free agency is over paying. Just part of it. Weddle is from the west coast, he wanted to go there
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:07 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Veach and co are SO not fucking around right now

Sweeping changes are being made almost daily, it's been nothing but one big move after another lately... soooooo stoked

It is a GREAT time to be a Chiefs fan.
Page 19 of 58
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up