ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 58
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

RunKC 06:17 PM 03-11-2019
His contract is very similar to Watkins in length and overall money.

I bet his cap hit is $6.8 million this season, which would still give us a little over 1$16 million.
MahiMike 06:17 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
If its 3/42 thats 14 per year! Yeah i would have rather had Thomas
Me too but at least we're taking a shot!
Sure-Oz 06:17 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Yeah I missed it too....
Basically Berry might not be back...that's alot of $$$ for the safeties
Iconic 06:18 PM 03-11-2019
The draft class is so stacked this year at S you could have found guys with much higher ceilings than him in the second round. This is a stupid move that reeks of desperation, there's a reason it was announced AFTER the Collins deal. 14m per is ****ing unreal for a guy who's only two healthy seasons have come in contract years. The dude isn't some magical ball hawk he's averaging something like 2 picks a season lmao.

I get it improved our defense, and that's great. But it's also frustrating seeing us piss away cap space so recklessly.
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I can't even tell you how much I love this. Collins would have been great. But you know what I love about this deal? 3 years. He may be an injury risk. But Veach's job is to work like hell to draft his replacement. This team is really smartly putting together a ton of front-loaded contracts that expire in 2020 and 2021.
3 years over 6 years. We have seen what happens with long term contracts in the NFL, especially decensive players.
New World Order 06:18 PM 03-11-2019
Get rid of Berry and use that money on KJ Wright
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:19 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Basically Berry might not be back...that's alot of $$$ for the safeties
With other Safeties being approached by the Chiefs IN ADDITION to our newest acquisition.
chiefzilla1501 06:19 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The problem I have with this theory is that Veach has to prove he'll do that. He had a golden, and I mean ****ing golden, opportunity last year to fix the FS position for the long term by taking Jessie Bates and passed to talk a tweener defensive lineman that we now have to hope can hold Houston's jock strap much less be even remotely as productive. All this while significantly overpaying a free agent safety this year.
Yeah, he's gotta back it up with good draft picks to make it work. That's for sure. Agree, the jury's still out. But I still love the approach.
Dante84 06:20 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
What was the original tweet? God damn it, O City, this is why you ****ing embed.
1. It is embedded...

2. O city?

3. The original tweet was deleted.
RunKC 06:21 PM 03-11-2019
Veach hasn’t learned a thing.

Way too much for a guy with a nickname. Yes, Mathieu is a good player, but not great. HE CANNOT PLAY SINGLE HIGH.

God I hope Spags knows how to deploy this man, because he needs to be the Defensive MVP of the team with that investment.
What do you not get? Here let me spell it out for you

-Mathieu is excellent in the middle of the field, especially the short and intermediate levels.
-Patriots are our competition to go the SB.
-Tom Brady is 42 this year
-Tom Brady isn’t throwing deep anymore. The middle of the field IS his best territory.
-Fuller+Mathieu=best bets at defending the middle of the field inside the numbers.
Jerok 06:22 PM 03-11-2019
Safety position was probably the worst on the team

Chiefs sign a legit free agent safety

Chiefs fans mad.

??????
Simply Red 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
I watched 4 films on him - I'll admit to being somewhat immature, irresponsible and childish by assuming what I thought to be the case. He's far more physical than i remember. I'll reserve judgement for now.

Welcome to the Kingdom Honey Badger.
Couch-Potato 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Love this signing! Been a Honey Badger fan since he came into the league, stoked to have him!
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Veach hasn’t learned a thing.

Way too much for a guy with a nickname. Yes, Mathieu is a good player, but not great. HE CANNOT PLAY SINGLE HIGH.

God I hope Spags knows how to deploy this man, because he needs to be the Defensive MVP of the team with that investment.
I'm sure Veach made the decision all by himself with ZERO input from the coaches.
chiefzilla1501 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
The draft class is so stacked this year at S you could have found guys with much higher ceilings than him in the second round. This is a stupid move that reeks of desperation, there's a reason it was announced AFTER the Collins deal. 14m per is ****ing unreal for a guy who's only two healthy seasons have come in contract years. The dude isn't some magical ball hawk he's averaging something like 2 picks a season lmao.

I get it improved our defense, and that's great. But it's also frustrating seeing us piss away cap space so recklessly.
He isn't here as THE answer. He's here as a stopgap. You can still draft a Safety, find a big role for that rookie safety, and get a ton of production out of Mathieu at the same time. We are overpaying for players the next 2-3 years so we have the flexibility to jump ship if we need to. The cap the next 2 years doesn't matter that much as long as we build in the flexibility to open it up for Mahomes when we need it. We're doing that.
Page 14 of 58
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up