ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Another Fucking Snow Storm Thread
Titty Meat 09:16 AM 02-15-2019
Starting to stick in Olathe
[Reply]
Fish 01:24 PM 03-14-2019
Kansas City to break winter record: Most days without hitting 65 degrees in a century

Kansas City can’t get a break this winter — and we aren’t talking about snow or ice.

It’s been cold, nonstop.

It’s been 133 days since the high temperature reached 65 degrees at Kansas City International Airport, according to the National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill.

[...]

Kansas City had 6.97 inches of precipitation for the three-month winter period. At 2.91 inches above normal, this was the 10th wettest winter on record. Each month had above-normal precipitation, only the 7th time that has happened in Kansas City’s history.

The months leading into the winter period were wetter than usual too. Between Oct. 1 and March 3, Kansas City has had 19.46 inches of total precipitation.

That’s the most in 131 years in Kansas City, according to the weather service.

Update: Kansas City once again failed to reach 65 degrees Wednesday, when the high temperature was 62. The streak continued Thursday with temperatures in the 40s.1
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:28 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Spencer dam just crumbled.
The corps of engineers are raising the releases from Yankton on the Missouri River to 60,000 cfs

https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/Media...es-being-made/
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:09 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think maybe other buildings in my neighborhood are breaking the wind.
The smell must be horrible.
[Reply]
Fish 02:15 PM 03-14-2019
Damn...

High Winds Cause Train Derailment In Northern New Mexico

Santa Fe —High winds caused a train derailment in New Mexico, around 40 miles north of I-40 and Tucumcari. Here is a statement from the Senate Republicans:

High winds are no secret in New Mexico, but winds strong enough to blow a train off its tracks, off a train trestle and down into a deep ravine are alarming.

State Senator Pat Woods (R-Broadview) represents the district where 26 cars of a Union Pacific train were derailed because of high winds near Logan, New Mexico this afternoon. Senator Woods said it is a reminder that New Mexico winds can be extremely dangerous and people need to heed high wind warnings and take them very seriously.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:26 PM 03-14-2019
Par for the Santa Fe
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:45 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Kansas City to break winter record: Most days without hitting 65 degrees in a century

Kansas City can’t get a break this winter — and we aren’t talking about snow or ice.

It’s been cold, nonstop.

It’s been 133 days since the high temperature reached 65 degrees at Kansas City International Airport, according to the National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill.

[...]

Kansas City had 6.97 inches of precipitation for the three-month winter period. At 2.91 inches above normal, this was the 10th wettest winter on record. Each month had above-normal precipitation, only the 7th time that has happened in Kansas City’s history.

The months leading into the winter period were wetter than usual too. Between Oct. 1 and March 3, Kansas City has had 19.46 inches of total precipitation.

That’s the most in 131 years in Kansas City, according to the weather service.

Update: Kansas City once again failed to reach 65 degrees Wednesday, when the high temperature was 62. The streak continued Thursday with temperatures in the 40s.1

Global Warming
[Reply]
Pablo 08:05 PM 03-14-2019
It doesn't look nice in the northern Nebraska right now.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 PM 03-14-2019
Fargo had a billboard blow over

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:51 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Fargo had a billboard blow over
:-):-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:03 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Damn...

High Winds Cause Train Derailment In Northern New Mexico

Santa Fe —High winds caused a train derailment in New Mexico, around 40 miles north of I-40 and Tucumcari. Here is a statement from the Senate Republicans:

High winds are no secret in New Mexico, but winds strong enough to blow a train off its tracks, off a train trestle and down into a deep ravine are alarming.

State Senator Pat Woods (R-Broadview) represents the district where 26 cars of a Union Pacific train were derailed because of high winds near Logan, New Mexico this afternoon. Senator Woods said it is a reminder that New Mexico winds can be extremely dangerous and people need to heed high wind warnings and take them very seriously.
My BIL works for UP and the train was empty container cars. That’s probably why it went over. But it takes hellacious winds nonetheless.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It doesn't look nice in the northern Nebraska right now.
Got video from a friend at Wynot NE, bow creek flooding over the roads. It is what it is called, a creek. Just a foot deep. Like 10 plus feet more.

Just heard they are now raising the MO River to 90 thousand cfs. The 11 flood was 120 IIRC.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:52 AM 04-08-2019
Had to bump this.

Another big snow on the way.....Impacting NE, IA, MN

This is why I have not put my snowblower away yet.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:50 PM 04-12-2019
The snowstorm this week had

50mph winds
snow
sleet
rain
hail
severe storm warnings in a blizzard
orange snow from dust from Texas.
school closures
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The snowstorm this week had

50mph winds
snow
sleet
rain
hail
severe storm warnings in a blizzard
orange snow from dust from Texas.
school closures
Here it hailed marble sized snowballs. That was a first for me.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:42 PM 04-12-2019
slushballs or snowballs?

pics?
[Reply]
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Up