[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:53 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Sorry. Not a post about defense or Eric Berry

Wow...
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:40 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by COchief:
Denver is crazy right now, snow has been dumping for hours with constant wind speeds like we never see here accompanied by snow. The national guard has been called in to rescue stranded motorists, basically all fire and police out rescuing and shutting down interstates, I-25 and I-70 are essentially closed for any meaningful travel in the state, somewhere around 250k+ w/o power due to heavy snow and wind taking down huge trees, trees smashing cars in the streets, it's snowmaggedon! Every screen in my house in every direction is caked with snow on the screens from the swirling snow, posting from an igloo.
I wonder if the effects are particularly localized. I got about 8 inches of snow, and it's a very heavy snow, but it hasn't been terrible. I think maybe other buildings in my neighborhood are breaking the wind.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:24 PM 03-13-2019
THAT was extreme. Even by Denver standards. Blew a big grill off my back patio. Wow.
[Reply]
notorious 06:44 PM 03-13-2019
Mother Nature is a malignant ****.
[Reply]
COchief 07:00 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder if the effects are particularly localized. I got about 8 inches of snow, and it's a very heavy snow, but it hasn't been terrible. I think maybe other buildings in my neighborhood are breaking the wind.
I'm more Sloan's and I would definitely say less snow and the wind has been gusting but I was reporting on the madness out in the areas with nothing to stop the wind. Sadly one trooper was hit and passed away already today. There were people stuck on I-25 from 10am in their cars in the Denver area. Some pretty badass stuff was going down like convoys of plows, school busses, cops, that were rolling and rescuing people stranded in their cars.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:15 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by COchief:
I'm more Sloan's and I would definitely say less snow and the wind has been gusting but I was reporting on the madness out in the areas with nothing to stop the wind. Sadly one trooper was hit and passed away already today. There were people stuck on I-25 from 10am in their cars in the Denver area. Some pretty badass stuff was going down like convoys of plows, school busses, cops, that were rolling and rescuing people stranded in their cars.
Interesting. I haven't paid much attention. I did see a video of a pretty huge wreck on Monument Hill, though.

I was supposed to have a meeting up in the north metro area today, and we canceled it this morning when it was only slightly raining and I just worked from home. Between that time and 4:00 we got 8 inches of snow, so it must have been coming down pretty good. But it was more or less a peaceful snow in central Denver.
[Reply]
COchief 07:21 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Interesting. I haven't paid much attention. I did see a video of a pretty huge wreck on Monument Hill, though.

I was supposed to have a meeting up in the north metro area today, and we canceled it this morning when it was only slightly raining and I just worked from home. Between that time and 4:00 we got 8 inches of snow, so it must have been coming down pretty good. But it was more or less a peaceful snow in central Denver.
Yeah, same experience but I sort of kept the news on in the background. Danger zone is always DTC to Springs. Last count was 100 stranded on various interstates since 10ish still, 34 car pileup on I-25, it's still pretty serious out there. I don't think they can accurately report on anything because they can't reach them via vehicle or have Helis in the air due to the wind.

Who knows how many people are stuck in that danger zone that have been running their engines for 8 hours now, 5 miles from an exit, gas gauge draining...scary situation.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:33 PM 03-13-2019
I hate the wind.

Blew part of the privacy fence down. Technically it belongs to the neighbor but now my dogs are stuck inside until it gets fixed.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:03 PM 03-13-2019
Looking at the radar was pretty crazy today. It looked like a weak hurricane with the eye in western KS. there wasn't of course a well defined eye wall or anything, but it definitely had the characteristic cyclone pattern of a small hurricane, with the pressure drop to match.
[Reply]
scho63 09:00 PM 03-13-2019
Amazon shut down all deliveries today in Denver and it worked out great for me as that was one of the regions I was creating routes and assigning drivers for.

90 MPH winds and also our Texas facility had a roof blown off.

Cyclone bomb is the real deal!
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 03-13-2019
We came out to Colorado Springs Great Wolf Lodge and had decided to come last night because of the warnings. I’m glad we did. This is a shit show rodeo. Supposedly had 90MPH winds. I’m not sure I believe that but it was every bit of 60 and a foot of snow. Which is still falling. They closed about fucking every road in and out.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:19 AM 03-14-2019

If you are curious as to what is causing the very high winds today, below is Exhibit A. A very strong low pressure system over western KS has created a wide range of weather impacts throughout the Midwest today. pic.twitter.com/wFVSKvCvtO

— NWS Kansas City (@NWSKansasCity) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:20 AM 03-14-2019

If you are curious as to what is causing the very high winds today, below is Exhibit A. A very strong low pressure system over western KS has created a wide range of weather impacts throughout the Midwest today. pic.twitter.com/wFVSKvCvtO

— NWS Kansas City (@NWSKansasCity) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 AM 03-14-2019
You done Q'd yoself son
[Reply]
luv 08:35 AM 03-14-2019
Boss is snowed in in Breckenridge, CO. He was supposed to be back tomorrow, but looks like it will be Monday. Payday is tomorrow, though, and he's the only one who can sign checks. No big deal, but it would absolutely suck if we were strapped for cash.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 36
« First < 232930313233 343536 >
Up