ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 791
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153553 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:36 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Next year will be. He's not going to blossom this year. He'll get to play just long enough that they insert him as a full-time player next year.

Like Ford.
What? Kpass has shown NOTHING. Ford at the very least flashed potential in prior seasons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:37 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
According to PFF he’d the best, take that for what it’s worth. Either way though 12 mil per is still more than what we can pay. The fact that we have to pay Mahomes and Hill the biggest contracts in history at their position has us stuck here. We can’t sign big name players because they’ll want lengthy contracts, the years is the issue here.
No he's not. He's 39th.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:39 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What? Kpass has shown NOTHING. Ford at the very least flashed potential in prior seasons.
It took 3 years for Ford to even get on the field and just when he started to show promise, he broke again.

They FINALLY got 1st round production out of him in his 5th season.

By the Dee Ford standard, KPass still has a year left to "flash" and 3 more years to actually produce.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:42 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Was listening to the AP Laboratory podcast and they discussed some interesting things.

Let’s assume that Ford is retained and Houston is gone. But, Ford is also gone after 2019 (a very likely scenario). We assume that they make an impact signing at the safety position in FA.

Do you take an edge rusher in R1 such as a Jachai Polite/Brian Burns type who could effectively step in at DE next year when Ford is gone while also selecting a CB in R2, OR do you take a CB in R1, possibly after trading up to around 20, and see what edge players are there in R2 or potentially look to address it in 2020.

I’m not sure what the 2020 EDGE class looks like but that would weigh heavily in that decision IMO. CB is a huge need right now but they may have an easier time finding cheaper, competent options in FA this year as well as R2 of the draft than they would when looking for an edge player.
BPA between cb and edge in round oneand then if the other falls some you could package the seconds to go up and get him too if needed
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:43 PM 02-20-2019
It took 3 years for Ford to even get on the field and just when he started to show promise, he broke again.

They FINALLY got 1st round production out of him in his 5th season.

By the Dee Ford standard, KPass still has a year left to "flash" and 3 more years to actually produce.
:-) Kpass wasn't even talented enough to get spot duty when Houston was hurt. He isn't going to do shit. Hell, he was a healthy scratch for the latter part of the season. There's no way we're going into the season with both Ford and Houston gone with this scrub pencilled in as starting WDE.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:45 PM 02-20-2019
:-) Kpass wasn't even talented enough to get spot duty when Houston was hurt. He isn't going to do shit. Hell, he was a healthy scratch for the latter part of the season. There's no way we're going into the season with both Ford and Houston gone with this scrub pencilled in as starting WDE.
I wasn't suggesting that was the plan. No way would I pencil KPass in as anything except executive water boy right now.

That being said, his career trajectory is almost exactly on the same path as Dee Ford. All he needs to do is get 9 or 10 sacks this year and then get hurt and he'll be like Ford 2.0.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 PM 02-20-2019
Is that really the case, or did Sutton have his head up his ass?

I've seen it said that many coaches and players were irritated with his handling Of Kpass and Speaks.

I don't know, I'm just saying we don't really know what Kpass is and I don't think I'm going to assume Sutton knew what to do with him. Dropping a 280 lb. man into coverage as a regualar defensive concept doesn't seem very smart to me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:49 PM 02-20-2019
I wasn't suggesting that was the plan. No way would I pencil KPass in as anything except executive water boy right now.

That being said, his career trajectory is almost exactly on the same path as Dee Ford. All he needs to do is get 9 or 10 sacks this year and then get hurt and he'll be like Ford 2.0.
:-) Your dedication to the smear Dee Ford cause is admirable, but they're not on the same trajectory. Ford was behind 2 elite rushers in Hali and Houston, and did his job when it was time. Kpass is sitting on the bench healthy and we're signing scrubs like Zombo to play instead. They'd rather play FRANK ****ING ZOMBO over Kpass.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 PM 02-20-2019
:-) Your dedication to the smear Dee Ford cause is admirable, but they're not on the same trajectory. Ford was behind 2 elite rushers in Hali and Houston, and did his job when it was time. Kpass is sitting on the bench healthy and we're signing scrubs like Zombo to play instead. They'd rather play FRANK ****ING ZOMBO over Kpass.
as a LB with cover responsibilities? yeah I would too. Doesn't mean he's not a DE.

Let's see what shakes out.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:52 PM 02-20-2019
No he's not. He's 39th.
Something I saw had him 1st. SS maybe?

Regardless I don’t think we can spend anywhere over 10 mil per on a 3+ year deal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:53 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
as a LB with cover responsibilities? yeah I would too. Doesn't mean he's not a DE.

Let's see what shakes out.
Nah, I'm good. One of Ford or Houston is going to be the starting WDE. Kpass can sub in at one of the DT spots when Spagnuolo goes to his 4 DE passrushing sets.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:58 PM 02-20-2019
Nah, I'm good. One of Ford or Houston is going to be the starting WDE. Kpass can sub in at one of the DT spots when Spagnuolo goes to his 4 DE passrushing sets.
I think that is fairly likely. I think it's also likely he backs up Speaks at LDE.

He looked terrible in coverage but not bad with his hand in the dirt. We'll see.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:02 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think that is fairly likely. I think it's also likely he backs up Speaks at LDE.

He looked terrible in coverage but not bad with his hand in the dirt. We'll see.
What are you basing that on? The only time I remember him being even remotely useful was the 2nd half against Denver in spot duty, and that's a situation where he's got fresh legs against a horribly fatigued OL in the high altitude. I just don't see it.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 06:06 PM 02-20-2019
What are you basing that on? The only time I remember him being even remotely useful was the 2nd half against Denver in spot duty, and that's a situation where he's got fresh legs against a horribly fatigued OL in the high altitude. I just don't see it.
The more I think about it, Houston might actually fit well at that SDE spot, he’s not far off in weight or strength from Justin Tuck and it would be beneficial to give Speaks another year to develop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:07 PM 02-20-2019
Don't worry, KPass will get plenty of playing time this year when Dee Ford is collecting $15M sitting on an exercise bike in sweats...
[Reply]
Page 53 of 791
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153553 > Last »
Up