ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 181
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:42 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Great win today. If self ever does go to the NBA everyone will want Marshall and that's a fine choice but Jay Wright is the best coach in the game.
I actually do not think KU or Marshall would have any interest at all in that pairing.

Gregg is a hot-head. He and his wife have a similar type of a public persona that Todd Haley and his wife did. He doesn't play nice or shmooze where you're supposed to when coaching a blue blood. He's perfect for WSU, I think he'd recoil a bit if he had to adjust for a bigger school.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:42 PM 12-16-2018
Howcome? Hes built that program. I get that hire Kansas guy. The brand regardless of coach sells it self. Nobody will have the success Self has had so enjoy it. Tremendous times Self to you all is what Osborne is to my generation.
Several reasons. And none of which are because he isn't as good as Self. Self wasn't as good as Self when he got here.

1. Recruiting. He's not good. He hit a hot streak of lightly recruited guys that came together and were really really special. With that group of guys he hit the big stage. He "arrived" so to speak. He couldn't then parlay that into a higher level of recruiting. It didn't happen.

2. He's better as the underdog. He wants to grind and fight. That approach doesn't necessarily work for higher recruits that it will take to win here.

3. He's had offers from other bigger schools and didn't take them. AND don't think KU is his dream job. In fact, I think he hates the place.

Among other things.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:54 PM 12-16-2018
KU would have their pick of virtually any HC in the country if Self ever left. They're obviously not picking Gregg Marshall in that scenario.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:29 PM 12-16-2018
Great win today. If self ever does go to the NBA everyone will want Marshall and that's a fine choice but Jay Wright is the best coach in the game.
Jesus, I hope we could do better than Greg Marshall.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KU would have their pick of virtually any HC in the country if Self ever left. They're obviously not picking Gregg Marshall in that scenario.
So we get the pick of the litter, who do you want in the post Self era?
[Reply]
DiaperBoy27 08:58 AM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So we get the pick of the litter, who do you want in the post Self era?
Jay Wright
[Reply]
Lzen 09:01 AM 12-18-2018
Jay Wright would be a good get but I would never want KU to hire Marshall. I can't stand that little jerk. And like Buehler said, I'm pretty sure he hates KU.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:05 AM 12-18-2018
jay wright would never leave Villanova, he has zero reason too
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:15 AM 12-18-2018
LOL at anyone thinking we would ever hire Marshall. GTFO with that crap. He's a decent coach, at best, and is not a good fit for any major program, especially KU.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:31 AM 12-18-2018
I would think we go after Brad Stevens, and he'd take it in a heartbeat. The chance to coach for a premier team like Kansas would be too much to resist.

i'm kidding
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM 12-18-2018
Yeah, we'd go after Stevens, Few and Wright - who would turn us down. We may have to resort to guys like John Beilein.

I would have said Thad Matta a few years ago but his teams have really struggled last couple of years.

There isn't very many sure things right now for Blue Bloods to choose from, especially for guys in their 40s.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:23 PM 12-18-2018
The hunt should begin and end with Jay Wright. And KU/UNC/DUKE/UK are each schools that you leave Villanova for.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:06 PM 12-18-2018
Wright wouldn't leave Villanova at this point.

And Marshall is decent at best? He's consistently built really good teams with players that nobody wanted.

What does that say about somebody like Calipari, who can barely outproduce him with 4 lottery picks per year?

That said, Marshall probably wouldn't be a good fit at KU.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:28 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Wright wouldn't leave Villanova at this point.

And Marshall is decent at best? He's consistently built really good teams with players that nobody wanted.

What does that say about somebody like Calipari, who can barely outproduce him with 4 lottery picks per year?

That said, Marshall probably wouldn't be a good fit at KU.
If this were the era of Bob Knight, Marshall would be considered amongst the best coaches in the country.

The game has changed a bit. You have to schmooze, and be cozy with the AAU - Marshall is the antithesis of schmoozing - and wants the freedom for him and his family to have public blowups without serious repercussions. WSU is thrilled to have him, so they'll look the other way on those things, but major Universities will want him to "play the game" - it's just how it is.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:43 PM 12-18-2018
Fuck Marshall.

He's no Penny. Hell he's no Garry.

He can fuck off straight to Hell
[Reply]
Page 55 of 181
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up