ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 181
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:54 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Sucks because I think he was going to develop into a really nice player for us. Doubt he'll ever wear a KU uniform again.

However, based on rumblings from the summer and early fall practices, he was going to be about option #2 or 3 off the bench. Definitely was behind Mitch and had fallen behind McCormack recently.
I’m sure as soon as his name showed up they put him at the back of the line.
Originally Posted by BWillie:
lol duh

Why did they wait so long? It's not fair to the kid. Tell him immediately so he knows what to do.
He can’t do anything except got international.
[Reply]
sedated 12:20 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m sure as soon as his name showed up they put him at the back of the line.
That's what I don't get - if Self and KU were aware of the payments and everything that happened, why were they so steadfast in saying he would play up until now?

IIRC, the initial report came out during the tournament last year. I doubt Self would want to risk vacating a FF, given that they sat Preston as soon as they caught wind of anything.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:29 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
That's what I don't get - if Self and KU were aware of the payments and everything that happened, why were they so steadfast in saying he would play up until now?

IIRC, the initial report came out during the tournament last year. I doubt Self would want to risk vacating a FF, given that they sat Preston as soon as they caught wind of anything.
Because nobody knew about it then. People know about it now. The end.
[Reply]
sedated 02:08 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Because nobody knew about it then. People know about it now. The end.
Nobody knew about Preston, and he was held out.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:21 PM 10-24-2018

I agree with this. No reason to play him if there was any chance it would vacate anything.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:29 PM 10-24-2018
Nobody knew about Preston, and he was held out.
KU obviously found something when they dug into the details around Preston's car.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:49 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Sucks because I think he was going to develop into a really nice player for us. Doubt he'll ever wear a KU uniform again.

However, based on rumblings from the summer and early fall practices, he was going to be about option #2 or 3 off the bench. Definitely was behind Mitch and had fallen behind McCormack recently.
So I don't follow the recruiting/offseason that closely but, wow.

I know De Sousa looked a little raw but I thought he had a really nice combination of size and athleticism. And had that certain smoothness. Great news if the team is talented enough to push him that deep on the bench.

But with the investigation and being that deep on the bench, he should just go play overseas.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:43 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

I know De Sousa looked a little raw but I thought he had a really nice combination of size and athleticism. And had that certain smoothness. Great news if the team is talented enough to push him that deep on the bench.

But with the investigation and being that deep on the bench, he should just go play overseas.
I think most people, not just KU fans, consider this the most talented team Self has had in a long time. Self is already publicly comparing Grimes to Deron Williams. Before a single game is played.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 10-26-2018
Selfs starting lineup?
Doke
Grimes
Lawson
Dotson
Vick

WTF is Vick doing starting with all that talent left on the bench?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:30 PM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Selfs starting lineup?
Doke
Grimes
Lawson
Dotson
Vick

WTF is Vick doing starting with all that talent left on the bench?
Unless they’re Wiggins type talent he will almost always defer to the upper class Kent.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:29 PM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
KU obviously found something when they dug into the details around Preston's car.
KU lost their plausible deniability after what happened with Preston's car.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:37 PM 10-26-2018
Carlton Bragg was released from KU after they found coke in his room.

Me, I prefer Pepsi.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:25 AM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
KU lost their plausible deniability after what happened with Preston's car.
What on earth does this mean
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:49 AM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

I have a really hard time believing he was behind Lightfoot and McCormack. In fact, I think he could've been better than Azubuike this year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:24 AM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
What on earth does this mean
It's pretty clear that KU knew that Gassnola was their "fixer". I'm not condemning KU, this seems to be standard operating procedure for College Hoops. Even ****ing Maryland had a fixer through under armor.

KU knew Gassnola was "their guy" - but didn't want any direct confirmation or a paper trail with how he got guys to KU.

When Preston wrecked his car, KU found the payments Gassnola approved for Preston's family when looking up Preston's financial accounting. After finding that direct evidence, KU could not play Preston any longer.

With De Sousa, KU never had that "confirmation" that he received any money from Gassnola. This gave them plausible deniability throughout the entire Adidas trial. They would not have had this plausible deniability had they played Preston after the car accident.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 181
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up