ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 181
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:50 PM 10-05-2018
I also don't understand how someone can accept payment for someone else and then get them in trouble
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:10 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I also don't understand how someone can accept payment for someone else and then get them in trouble
In this case, He's going to Maryland, then not. He undoubtedly had questions why he was switching to KU. The funds they got from Under Armour, how was it used, what did he get out of it, etc.

Many questions if you get down to it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:57 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When they say Silvio De Sousa, they are talking about his guardian taking money. One interesting thing about this whole thing is that Silvio was 18 years old at the time,. At what point does responsibility of a guardian end? Was he actually a legal guardian even - or was he just informally his guardian?

As we saw from the Cam Newton ordeal - even when it was his DAD - Auburn faced no major violations from what I recall.
You can sign legally binding contracts once you are 18. So outside of Power of Attorney for someone who is say mentally incapacitated, I don't think you have a legal guardian after your 18 birthday.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:00 PM 10-05-2018
I hope that loophole is the reason Self played De Sousa.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:01 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I would say this comes under what you consider reasonable doubt.

Sure, it might have been a complete coincidence that my brother-in-law might have decided to invest half his life savings in a company just a few days before my company made a public take-over bid for that company.

Or the SEC could fine/convict me for insider trading...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:02 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I hope that loophole is the reason Self played De Sousa.
That Self hasn't cut DeSousa gives me some hope, but I can't say I am very optimistic.

At least the amount of money for DeSousa isn't as crazy as some of the other amounts being thrown around.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:11 PM 10-05-2018
Any sniff of improper benefits sat players instantly in the past.

I would be extremely surprised that Self knew about this, knew about the FBI investigation and then rushed De Sousa in and played him when he really didn't need to.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:21 PM 10-15-2018
:-)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:17 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
:-)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment
I'm no lawyer, but it looks to me like they knew adidas was trying to recruit the guy.

This looks like not much here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 AM 10-24-2018
DeSousa to sit on the bench pending an eligibility review.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:29 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sucks because I think he was going to develop into a really nice player for us. Doubt he'll ever wear a KU uniform again.

However, based on rumblings from the summer and early fall practices, he was going to be about option #2 or 3 off the bench. Definitely was behind Mitch and had fallen behind McCormack recently.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:52 AM 10-24-2018
what the fuck...:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:58 AM 10-24-2018
Well...if De Sousa is ineligible, thank God it’s this year when we have plenty of depth.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:01 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
what the fuck...:-)
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/col...220538450.html

Kansas sophomore forward Silvio De Sousa will be held out of competition while an eligibility review is conducted, Jayhawks coach Bill Self announced Wednesday.

De Sousa and his recruitment have been discussed in a federal trial relating to corruption in college basketball.

“Information was presented during the current trial in New York — some of which we knew, some of which we didn’t,” Self said in a news release. “We have decided to withhold Silvio from competition until we can evaluate and understand the new information. We have already discussed trial developments with the NCAA and will continue to work with NCAA staff moving forward.”
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 AM 10-24-2018
lol duh

Why did they wait so long? It's not fair to the kid. Tell him immediately so he knows what to do.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 181
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up