ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 181
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I do. Brannen Greene hit them too and the guy was a bonehead who was similarly run out of this program (although I actually preferred Greene to Vick because he didn't make as many ridiculous turnovers and didn't pretend like he was actually some kind of star player).
Well you at least agree Vick is a more valuable player than the alternatives right? Moore, Grimes, Red headed kid.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:16 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well you at least agree Vick is a more valuable player than the alternatives right? Moore, Grimes, Red headed kid.
When he's on, yes. If Vick isn't hitting 3shots he's just as bad.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by excessive:
I think it's just Vick being the little bitch that he is. Self started sitting him: he didn't get to start and was playing reserve minutes, so he (or his family) says something, and, "See ya. Bye."

Good riddance. This team is fun to watch, and HCBS has them heading in the right direction.
It looks like, so far anyway, that when Vick left the team they got better. Playing with more hustle, excitement and passion. Maybe a coincidence? A short term thing? But, its clear that its true so far.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 AM 02-17-2019
Sure, but I'd rather just play Grimes for development reasons.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:03 PM 02-17-2019
It's strange. All of Vicks teammates really like him. Coaches hate him.

I'd still trade him in a heartbeat for Grimes.
Good god NO......

Grimes at least tries....Vick doesn't even fake trying.
Grimes buys into what HCBS is teaching....Vick didn't give one fuck.
Grimes TO's are usually him trying to get a teammate the ball...Vick's were throwing it away cuz he is braindead....

Vick is the Marcus Peters of the Jayhawks.
He is a cancer and you need to cut it out of the system.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:43 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Good god NO......

Grimes buys into what HCBS is teaching....Vick didn't give one fuck.
Grimes TO's are usually him trying to get a teammate the ball...Vick's were throwing it away cuz he is braindead....

Except Marcus Peters was actually good at the sport he played. Vick...not so much.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:38 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Good god NO......

Grimes buys into what HCBS is teaching....Vick didn't give one ****.

This guy gets it.

And as much as people bag on grimes they forget that he's a freshman. I know he was a highly rated recruit that hasn't lived up to the super high expectations. I think he will be a late bloomer and will prove to be a great college player by the time his career ends at KU.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:46 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This guy gets it.

And as much as people bag on grimes they forget that he's a freshman. I know he was a highly rated recruit that hasn't lived up to the super high expectations. I think he will be a late bloomer and will prove to be a great college player by the time his career ends at KU.
I wonder if he’ll stick it out at KU though. He may pull a Selby and bolt.

I wonder if he thinks he might hurt his draft stock even more by coming back. Maybe someone will pull the trigger on him late in the first and hope they hit a homer in.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:48 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I wonder if he’ll stick it out at KU though. He may pull a Selby and bolt.

I wonder if he thinks he might hurt his draft stock even more by coming back. Maybe someone will pull the trigger on him late in the first and hope they hit a homer in.
I suppose anything is possible but seriously doubt any team would take a gamble like that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:00 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I suppose anything is possible but seriously doubt any team would take a gamble like that.
If you’re a championship caliber team and drafting at the end of the first, then why not?

Your roster is probably already set. The “sure thing” prospects are long since gone. You can send Grimes to your G League for as long as you need, since you’re in no hurry to get him ready.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:03 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If you’re a championship caliber team and drafting at the end of the first, then why not?

Your roster is probably already set. The “sure thing” prospects are long since gone. You can send Grimes to your G League for as long as you need, since you’re in no hurry to get him ready.
I’m always wrong about draft stuff but I don’t see the body, speed, agility or shooting to justify it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:07 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m always wrong about draft stuff but I don’t see the body, speed, agility or shooting to justify it.
I wouldn’t touch Grimes in the draft with a 10’ pole.

I’m just saying that there may be a championship type team that takes a chance on him living up to his high school ranking. Outside of the lottery, teams are really just looking for role players. Anything better than that is a great pick.

Selby did get drafted and didn’t look like he should’ve, so it can happen.
[Reply]
DanBecky 10:15 PM 02-17-2019
Grimes has really struggled just like Selden did. Pretty similar freshman numbers. Selden was a pretty good college player by his junior year. Hope Grimes sticks around and becomes just that. He’s got plenty of time. Just hope he’s not anxious and bolts when he clearly isn’t ready. He’s got a good body, just looks like he’s in his own head out there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Grimes has really struggled just like Selden did. Pretty similar freshman numbers. Selden was a pretty good college player by his junior year. Hope Grimes sticks around and becomes just that. He’s got plenty of time. Just hope he’s not anxious and bolts when he clearly isn’t ready. He’s got a good body, just looks like he’s in his own head out there.
That’s my hope as well. I’m confident he can be a really good 2-3 year college player. I just know that it’s really hard for these kids to ignore the dollar signs when they’re so close.

Releford didn’t have the ranking that Grimes had out of high school, but he’s another good comparison. He looked lost at times in 2009, but he became a really good starter in 2012 and 2013. That redshirt in 2010 did wonders for him.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:07 PM 02-17-2019
Hi everyone.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 181
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Up