ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 221
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're the Man, Mr Megatron... thanks for sharing those pics

Welcome to the board!
Thanks Easy. With any luck I'll post a few pics here regularly. Should be going fishing next week.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:10 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Been watching this dude on youtube called Creek Fishing Adventures, 80% of what he does is try to find the biggest fish in the tiniest bodies of water... you look where he is casting and are just going WTF no way anything worth catching is in that puddle

Couple casts later and he is pulling beautiful 2-3 pound bass out it... so I went to the tiny town creek inspired by that and caught my first creek chub

It was huge for the species, big around as a full size cigar, not a sexy fish but just to see such a great example of one in that shallow, dirty creek was awesome

I still wanna hunt those 5 pound bass, but it's fun as hell to see what's possible in the smallest of streams...
Nice. I'll check it out.

There are nice fish everywhere. If you keep an open mind you'll have fun fishing a lot of places.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 03-15-2019
This is the other reason I fly-fish: the scenery

[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:42 PM 03-15-2019
The scenery and really being part of the nature with the wading is really what makes fly fishing special, especially in the shallow water areas.

Unfortunately there isn’t much opportunity for it here in Kansas so it’s hard to really get those experiences. I know some people like to fly fish creeks and small ponds around here for small species like blue gill but it’s definitely not the same.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:52 PM 03-15-2019
I feel like singing a John Denver song right now
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:58 AM 03-16-2019
A couple channels I subscribe to:

"Tactical Bassin"

"Fish the Moment"

"Richard Gene the fishing machine"

[Reply]
bsp4444 07:21 AM 03-16-2019
Headed to Lake Okeechobee Tuesday with my son. One of my bucket list items.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:23 PM 03-16-2019
Welp, there is hardly a cloud in the sky here and it's 50 degrees... time to take a shower and go hit some fishing holes

Gonna slay'em I can just feel it...
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:26 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
A couple channels I subscribe to:

"Tactical Bassin"

"Fish the Moment"

"Richard Gene the fishing machine"

I've watched several from Tactical Bassin, he definitely knows his stuff
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:55 PM 03-16-2019
About time for the dock to be popping.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:14 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
About time for the dock to be popping.
One of the guides on the radio said fishing were biting. Can't remember which species he said.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:18 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
One of the guides on the radio said fishing were biting. Can't remember which species he said.
They are almost always biting at my spot lol.

The national crappie champ was crying about my spot last night.

But that water's going to warm up quick and the spawn will be on us.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:48 PM 03-16-2019
Nabbed 6 more fat creek chubs and had a genuine hard strike from something that got off, probably a baby bass or good size bluegill... all in all it was 2 or so hours well spent
[Reply]
threebag 04:46 PM 03-16-2019
Should have the boy and I sitting on a bank with a fire rolling... instead I am at the house cleaning the damn garage :-):-):-)

Holiday shit strung all over, toys that have been outgrown, couple tables and chairs and shit rolling to the dump on Monday
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:51 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Should have the boy and I sitting on a bank with a fire rolling... instead I am at the house cleaning the damn garage :-):-):-)

Holiday shit strung all over, toys that have been outgrown, couple tables and chairs and shit rolling to the dump on Monday
It will still be there to deal with tomorrow, not too late to go get a fire going...
[Reply]
Page 160 of 221
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210 > Last »
Up