ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>UDFA Thread
Mecca 10:52 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
How was Jacobs not drafted somewhere?
LB's that don't rush the passer basically have zero value unless they have some type of freak workout numbers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
How was Jacobs not drafted somewhere?
It's interesting that he went undrafted but it's interesting more because it tells me that NFL teams are getting a bit smarter.

I mean there are LOADS of guys that come out looking like Jacobs every year and just don't do a whole lot.

Look at a guy like Malik Jefferson, for instance. Very similar measurables, seemingly a great prospect. Had a fantastic college career and looked every bit like an NFL player. Went in the 3rd round.

Has never done a thing in the league. Been on 7 teams and can't stick anywhere.

This year's version of Jefferson was probably Jaylan Ford. And Ford went in the 5th - previous years you know he goes higher than that. Tommy Eichenberg went in the 5th. Is Jacobs any better or worse a prospect than Eichenberg? No, not to my eyes. So by that argument he should've been a 3rd day pick.

But do I think either of them are likely to be starting NFL players? Nah. And with no stand-out skills (which is what a lot of teams will look for on the 3rd day; a real strong skill with the hopes they can either use that skill or coach up around it), it's not shocking either. Odds are he's going to be similar to someone like Cameron Smith who had a nice set of solid measurables but nothing that was truly exceptional.

And guys like that just aren't that hard to find.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:13 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's interesting that he went undrafted but it's interesting more because it tells me that NFL teams are getting a bit smarter.

I mean there are LOADS of guys that come out looking like Jacobs every year and just don't do a whole lot.

Look at a guy like Malik Jefferson, for instance. Very similar measurables, seemingly a great prospect. Had a fantastic college career and looked every bit like an NFL player. Went in the 3rd round.

Has never done a thing in the league. Been on 7 teams and can't stick anywhere.

This year's version of Jefferson was probably Jaylan Ford. And Ford went in the 5th - previous years you know he goes higher than that. Tommy Eichenberg went in the 5th. Is Jacobs any better or worse a prospect than Eichenberg? No, not to my eyes. So by that argument he should've been a 3rd day pick.

But do I think either of them are likely to be starting NFL players? Nah. And with no stand-out skills (which is what a lot of teams will look for on the 3rd day; a real strong skill with the hopes they can either use that skill or coach up around it), it's not shocking either. Odds are he's going to be similar to someone like Cameron Smith who had a nice set of solid measurables but nothing that was truly exceptional.

And guys like that just aren't that hard to find.
Well, that's fair, but the same could be said about Bolton; his standout skills are between the ears.
[Reply]
nychief 11:04 AM 04-29-2024
I think he moves into the Cam Jones ST role, while Jones gets some reps with the defense with Gay gone.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:20 PM 04-29-2024
:-)

UDFA LB Luquay Washington had agreed to terms with #Chargers, but he is instead signing with KC. LAC roster now at 87. https://t.co/sq3ek7zV1x

— Daniel Popper (@danielrpopper) April 29, 2024

[Reply]
Frosty 11:24 AM 04-30-2024

[homer] One of my favorite defenders from last season. He's basically a Mike Danna clone. Same size and just relentless in getting after the QB. I would love to see him make the Chiefs. [/homer]
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Frosty:

[homer] One of my favorite defenders from last season. He's basically a Mike Danna clone. Same size and just relentless in getting after the QB. I would love to see him make the Chiefs. [/homer]
Some really good production last year with 9.5 sacks.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:54 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Some really good production last year with 9.5 sacks.
Plus two INT and two forced fumbles.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:57 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Frosty:

I'm trying to not get my hopes up that he makes the roster but this was encouraging. From this article about the rookie mini-camp under "Five to Watch":

Originally Posted by :
DE Andrew Chatfield: At nearly 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, Chatfield projected as a linebacker on some draft boards but he’s demonstrated why the Chiefs see him as an edge rusher with his ludicrous 80 5/8-inch wingspan. He’s tipped a couple of passes during team drills in the minicamp and he’s demonstrated speed and strength during defensive line drills. He collected 9 1/2 sacks at Oregon State last year along with two interceptions, two forced fumbles, and four passes defended. That’s production the Chiefs covet in long, lean defensive linemen.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:46 PM 04-30-2024
"Despite these setbacks, Okie-Anoma’s performance at Charlotte was notable. In just 10 games, he racked up 56 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks, hinting at the untapped potential within. This stint was enough to catch the eye of the Kansas City Chiefs’ scouting team."

Wow. You've got my attention.
[Reply]
909 03:56 PM 04-30-2024
Bailey or Steele? Neither one has much speed although Bailey looks like he can get outside vs Steel who looks like an undersized power type runner.

Bailey has my vote as he appears to be the better in pass protection? I love me some Pacheco but a good number two to keep him healthy would not hurt.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 AM 05-01-2024
I'm going to annoy people by not focusing on UDFAs, but the C. J. Hanson thread has dropped off it seems. So just to say his RAS is wild. Holy Cross, more like "Holy S***" amirite?

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764442025833668863
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:42 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm going to annoy people by not focusing on UDFAs, but the C. J. Hanson thread has dropped off it seems. So just to say his RAS is wild. Holy Cross, more like "Holy S***" amirite?

Why not just bump that thread then?
[Reply]
JPH83 09:55 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why not just bump that thread then?
Searched for it, couldn't find it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:12 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:

CJ Hanson is a super athlete for a guard, if you look up and down the list the Chiefs do what the Chiefs do, they are a team that values athletes for the most part. There are a few exceptions like Bolton isn't a super athlete.

Even the UDFA's you see it, Miles Battle has crazy athletic numbers.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up