ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
Deberg_1990 04:34 PM 12-08-2019

Here it is! Watch the first #WonderWoman 1984 trailer now.

A new era of wonder arrives in theatres June 5. Who will you see #WW84 with? pic.twitter.com/aU9Edox1XK

— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:40 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If Wonder Woman can fly, why does she need the Invisible Jet?

She can just render herself invisible and fly wherever she wants.

These movies get even dumber when trying to analyze them for consistency.
Yeah, that scene was really dumb. I figured they just wanted to throw in the homage to her invisible jet. I'm a fan of comic book Easter egg type shit so it wasn't horrible.

But to answer your original question, I'm not sure she was originally able to fly so needing the jet made sense.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:57 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
With my HBO subscription, I seem to have all of the HBO channels, so I really have no idea what the difference between the two are except one is $5 a month and the other is $10 a month.
Well. I know my HBOMax app on my phone is like a lot of different properties combined.

Like Friends, some original series, HBO series, DC series and Turner Classics

I guess they don’t show most of those on the HBO tv channels.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:12 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well. I know my HBOMax app on my phone is like a lot of different properties combined.

Like Friends, some original series, HBO series, DC series and Turner Classics

I guess they don’t show most of those on the HBO tv channels.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. There has to be some difference between the two. But I guess they'd have a better subscription rate if they combined them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jenkins saying the 80's mall scene was essential does not bode well for her next Rogue One project.:-)
I seriously doubt she'll be writing the script so as long as she's directing only, it should be just fine.

Bad things happen when people get too much power to quickly, which is exactly what we saw with WW1984.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:52 PM 12-30-2020
Ah, ok. That makes sense. There has to be some difference between the two. But I guess they'd have a better subscription rate if they combined them.
If you have HBO through a cable package, Roku, Amazon, et al, you can use your Provider Login for the HBO Max app.

Their menu absolutely sucks ass. But if you scroll way, way down to the very bottom to the HBO MAX Hub, the choices are categorized as HBO, DC, Sesame Workshop, TCM, Studio Ghibli, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll and Looney Toons.

Again, I pay $7.50 a month via my Spectrum Choice subscription but if I had to pay $15 dollars, I'd cancel it because there's just not much that I haven't seen. They haven't had a great Sunday Night lineup in more than a decade and for me, their Original Programming is hit and miss. Nicole Kidman is great and all but it's starting to feel like the Lifetime Network.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:08 PM 12-30-2020
If you have HBO through a cable package, Roku, Amazon, et al, you can use your Provider Login for the HBO Max app.

Their menu absolutely sucks ass. But if you scroll way, way down to the very bottom to the HBO MAX Hub, the choices are categorized as HBO, DC, Sesame Workshop, TCM, Studio Ghibli, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll and Looney Toons.

Again, I pay $7.50 a month via my Spectrum Choice subscription but if I had to pay $15 dollars, I'd cancel it because there's just not much that I haven't seen. They haven't had a great Sunday Night lineup in more than a decade and for me, their Original Programming is hit and miss. Nicole Kidman is great and all but it's starting to feel like the Lifetime Network.
Ugh. So I paid for a service I already had apparently. I'm signed up for HBO through my Amazon Fire TV.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:22 PM 12-30-2020
Ugh. So I paid for a service I already had apparently. I'm signed up for HBO through my Amazon Fire TV.
Sorry, Dude :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:31 PM 12-30-2020
Sorry, Dude :-)
I should have done some more research BEFORE kicking in an additional $10. But, at least I know going forward. Thanks for the info!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:46 PM 12-30-2020

They haven’t had a buzz worthy series in awhile. Not since GoT. Maybe Westworld if that’s still going?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They haven’t had a buzz worthy series in awhile. Not since GoT. Maybe Westworld if that’s still going?
I didn't have HBO for most of the 90's and by the time I added it again, somewhere around late 1999 or early 2000, Curb, Sopranos and Sex & The City pretty much ruled the airwaves.

Since then, it's been really hit and miss with their shows. I stopped watching Game of Thrones after the Red Wedding because of young children and outside of Curb, the only newer series I've watched on HBO has been Succession.

Someday, I'll get around to watching The Wire but I really don't have much interest in that show, regardless its high ratings.

I skipped Watchman because I refuse to watch anything in which Damon Lindelof has a creative role because he sucks ass and have no interest in the Nicole Kidman led series.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:09 PM 12-30-2020
I dumped HBO after Chernobyl ended. I enjoyed Westworld, but didn't care for the direction it seemed to be headed, so I never watched season 3. All of their other series looked like steaming piles. If anything else has come along that's worth the subscription, I certainly haven't heard of it. I already pay for too much streaming shit as it is.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:39 PM 12-30-2020
I think that's a fair bit of what they're trying to do.

That and offer WW, which caused a lot of people to sign up, and they'll hopefully forget to unsubscribe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:37 PM 12-30-2020
I didn't have HBO for most of the 90's and by the time I added it again, somewhere around late 1999 or early 2000, Curb, Sopranos and Sex & The City pretty much ruled the airwaves.

Since then, it's been really hit and miss with their shows. I stopped watching Game of Thrones after the Red Wedding because of young children and outside of Curb, the only newer series I've watched on HBO has been Succession.

Someday, I'll get around to watching The Wire but I really don't have much interest in that show, regardless its high ratings.

I skipped Watchman because I refuse to watch anything in which Damon Lindelof has a creative role because he sucks ass and have no interest in the Nicole Kidman led series.
I liked the Watchman, Westworld and Chernobyl was fantastic. I've got a deal going through FIOS for cable/bandwidth. I get every channel they offer for basically the same price as showtime or HBO and 1GB fiber bandwidth. I work from home and I need a lot of reliable bandwidth. This is the happiest I've been with my cable/bandwidth since I moved down here 11 years ago.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:50 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I dumped HBO after Chernobyl ended. I enjoyed Westworld, but didn't care for the direction it seemed to be headed, so I never watched season 3. All of their other series looked like steaming piles. If anything else has come along that's worth the subscription, I certainly haven't heard of it. I already pay for too much streaming shit as it is.
Still airing and worth watching

Euphoria
Insecure
Westworld
Perry Mason
The Righteous Gemstones
High Maintenance
Barry
Succession
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:58 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Still airing and worth watching

Euphoria
Insecure
Westworld
Perry Mason
The Righteous Gemstones
High Maintenance
Barry
Succession
X10 for these. Perhaps the best comedy and drama on TV right now.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up