ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>Most Memorable moments from Game of Thrones
Buehler445 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Now that it's all said and all done, what are your most memorable scenes from the show? There is a lot to draw from, I'm interested in what impacted you the most.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:24 PM 12-31-2020

Parts 2 & 3
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:29 PM 01-02-2021
Game of Thrones Ending Cost HBO Half of Its Adult Viewers

The conclusion of Game of Thrones resulted in HBO losing more than half of its adult audience, according to a recent review of television in 2020.

After more than seven years on television, HBO's revolutionary fantasy series, Game of Thrones, came to an end in May 2019 after eight seasons. An analysis of the last year has revealed that the show's conclusion has heavily impacted HBO's viewership.

A review of television networks in 2020, conducted by Variety, showed that over the course of the last year, HBO lost 51 percent of its adult audiences (ages 18-49). The significant drop in audience has been attributed to the conclusion of Game of Thrones, which has not yet seen a replacement. The show drew an increasingly large audience and broke numerous records, culminating in an average of approximately 12 million viewers by Season 8.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:41 PM 01-03-2021
The last season (or more) of Game of Thrones was the dumbest, laziest writing I've ever seen for a television program. And I've seen daytime soap operas....
[Reply]
vailpass 04:29 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Game of Thrones Ending Cost HBO Half of Its Adult Viewers

The conclusion of Game of Thrones resulted in HBO losing more than half of its adult audience, according to a recent review of television in 2020.

After more than seven years on television, HBO's revolutionary fantasy series, Game of Thrones, came to an end in May 2019 after eight seasons. An analysis of the last year has revealed that the show's conclusion has heavily impacted HBO's viewership.

A review of television networks in 2020, conducted by Variety, showed that over the course of the last year, HBO lost 51 percent of its adult audiences (ages 18-49). The significant drop in audience has been attributed to the conclusion of Game of Thrones, which has not yet seen a replacement. The show drew an increasingly large audience and broke numerous records, culminating in an average of approximately 12 million viewers by Season 8.
Allow me to take this opportunity to suggest to HBO that they do a big budget production of Stephen Kings Gunslinger series that is faithful to the books down to the letter.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:40 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The last season (or more) of Game of Thrones was the dumbest, laziest writing I've ever seen for a television program. And I've seen daytime soap operas....
I've never had more time for TV with the pandemic and rolling lock-downs, Game of Thrones is easily one of my favorite TV series produced but season 8 was so bad that I have zero interest in re-watching the series.

That's how bad they messed it up.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:54 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I've never had more time for TV with the pandemic and rolling lock-downs, Game of Thrones is easily one of my favorite TV series produced but season 8 was so bad that I have zero interest in re-watching the series.

Yup... same here. I wouldn't even waste the bandwidth required to download it via torrent.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:58 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:

I started watching around season 5. So I got to binge season 1-4 which was great. Then before the final couple of seasons I watched all these youtube videos and read all the theories about the lore and mysteries of the world and characters. And in the end.....NONE of that shit mattered a lick. What a damn shame.

My favorite character was The Hound. I was so fucking hyped in season 6 when it turned out he really was alive. I had known it all along! And he's joining the Brotherhood and going north with Jon Snow. How epic is this gonna be! And it....just wasn't. I'm glad they brought him back but it just wasn't nearly as good as I hoped it would be. Much like the rest of the show.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:12 PM 01-04-2021
Damn, you guys are tripping. I still say GoT is one of the best (and one of my favorite) shows of all-time. A few shitty seasons hasn't changed much for me.

I'll also be excited as hell if Martin ever releases Winds.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:14 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Damn, you guys are tripping. I still say GoT is one of the best (and one of my favorite) shows of all-time. A few shitty seasons hasn't changed much for me.

I'll also be excited as hell if Martin ever releases Winds.
It was still good even though the final season or two sucked. It just kinda ruins it when you watch it again because you know it's leading up to a big nothing burger of an ending.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:16 PM 01-04-2021
Then before the final couple of seasons I watched all these youtube videos and read all the theories about the lore and mysteries of the world and characters. And in the end.....NONE of that shit mattered a lick. What a damn shame.
The show was probably always going to be disappointing in that regard. There's just so much lore and source material from the books. They had to cut soooooo much to make it digestible television, even in the early seasons when the product was still top notch.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:34 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
What amazes me is just how forgettable the show is to me now.

Season 8 just destroyed everything before for me.
Yep. I haven't watched an episode since and probably never will again. There's just no point when you know it's going to end in a big sloppy turd.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Doesn't Brandon Sanderson specialize in completing other dudes' novel series?
He did it once, and it was a series he was already a huge fan of (Wheel of Time). I doubt he'd be interested (or a good fit) for a series like ASOIF.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:11 PM 01-07-2021
I still haven't watched season 8.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:29 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I still haven't watched season 8.
Great individual moments, absolute train wreck in accordance with the rest of the seasons.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:52 PM 01-07-2021
Hmmm, sounds like the last season of "Lost" :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:39 PM 01-07-2021
This is the moment I'll always remember.

https://youtu.be/ahoHDU0T44

100% confirmation Douchebag and Dumbass had completely lost the plot.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up