ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 153
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:16 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just can't stand him. Never could. Not sure why. Have the exact same reaction to Julia Roberts.
I have a friend that has the same reaction to Tom Cruise, I think.

Anyway, that's too bad, because Apollo 13 is without a doubt one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely top 5. Maybe Top-2.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:24 PM 11-17-2020
Oh, and just watched Episode 11 the other day; great episode.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:19 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Anyway, that's too bad, because Apollo 13 is without a doubt one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely top 5. Maybe Top-2.
I'm kind of that way with Nicholas Cage; I think it's a residual effect from suffering through Moonstruck in the theater. :-)

Doesn't completely stop me from watching stuff that he's in, but I certainly won't watch anything just because he's the star. And the only movie he's been in that I really like is Lord of War.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:28 PM 11-17-2020
How does this thread have anything to do with Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise?
WTF? :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:36 PM 11-17-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:56 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Tom Cruise is tough to take AND tough to resist.

He's so thirsty, but he's also committed, so you know he's always actively trying to win you over, but you also know he'll do some amazing shit to get it done.

Reminds me of a story about [I think it was] Ed Begley Jr. back in his standup days. This was when 'performance art' like Andy Kaufman was starting to come on the scene as 'comedy.' And Begley had a standup partner act where they were supposed to be a bluegrass/folk duo, but they just stood on stage for 15-20 minutes tuning their guitars. Play a chord, fiddle with the tuning knobs, play a chord, fiddle, play, etc. . . [EDIT: important point, this was one of those 'coffee house' impromptu standup gigs, not like a scheduled event with a theater where they advertised and sold tickets to 'see Begley and blah-blah, live comedy!!']

Folks would be quiet for a little bit, then they'd start to laugh, then they'd start to boo and throw stuff, then eventually they would start howling with laughter.

Which is to say, commitment to a bit can be irritating, until it eventually becomes inspired.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Tom Cruise is tough to take AND tough to resist.

He's so thirsty, but he's also committed, so you know he's always actively trying to win you over, but you also know he'll do some amazing shit to get it done.

Reminds me of a story about [I think it was] Ed Begley Jr. back in his standup days. This was when 'performance art' like Andy Kaufman was starting to come on the scene as 'comedy.' And Begley had a standup partner act where they were supposed to be a bluegrass/folk duo, but they just stood on stage for 15-20 minutes tuning their guitars. Play a chord, fiddle with the tuning knobs, play a chord, fiddle, play, etc. . . [EDIT: important point, this was one of those 'coffee house' impromptu standup gigs, not like a scheduled event with a theater where they advertised and sold tickets to 'see Begley and blah-blah, live comedy!!']

Folks would be quiet for a little bit, then they'd start to laugh, then they'd start to boo and throw stuff, then eventually they would start howling with laughter.

Which is to say, commitment to a bit can be irritating, until it eventually becomes inspired.
Great point.

I've successfully managed to keep Cruise separated in my mind. I like Cruise the actor. I manage to not pay enough attention to keep Cruise the crazy out of my consciousness. I'm lucky.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:27 AM 11-18-2020
Anyone check out ‘LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special’ yet?

It’s pretty good. Lots of callbacks to the 1978 classic and all 9 trilogy movies.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:25 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just can't stand him. Never could. Not sure why. Have the exact same reaction to Julia Roberts.
Hanks is great. I feel the same about Julia. She is not worthy of her status. Never understood what the big deal is. She's not pretty but has played a bunch of roles like she is some irresistible bomb shell. Yuck.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:20 PM 11-18-2020
Everybody get their kids baby Yoda stuff for Christmas yet? We have the plush coming from shop Disney.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:09 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm kind of that way with Nicholas Cage; I think it's a residual effect from suffering through Moonstruck in the theater. :-)

Doesn't completely stop me from watching stuff that he's in, but I certainly won't watch anything just because he's the star. And the only movie he's been in that I really like is Lord of War.
I don't like Cage, either, but I like the National Treasure films. Stupid adventure fun.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:16 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Adaptation and Raising Arizona gets Cage a ton of leeway.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:06 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't like Cage, either, but I like the National Treasure films. Stupid adventure fun.
I liked the first one. The second one was just too much. When they put Sylvan Lake on top of Mount Rushmore, that was it for me. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:08 PM 11-19-2020
Yes. I miss Cages Jerry Bruckheimer phase.

The rock, con air, gone is sixty seconds.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
How does this thread have anything to do with Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise?
WTF? :-):-):-):-)
What? What is this thread supposed to be about then?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 153
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Up