Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Cyberpunk 2077
Pants 08:18 PM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:41 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
No doubt.

I imagine it will recover because this game really is good enough to push millions of copies more.

I'm a fanboy of CDPR because I liked Witcher 3 so much, but just taking a step back and even objectively looking at what they have been able to achieve with this game, it's fucking stupendous.
Massive Witcher 3 fan as well, but hard disagree. The game is superficial as fuck. The AI is terrible and the gameplay is overly simplistic. It looks really good and the story is alright so it's got that going for it, but this game really needed a hell of a lot longer in the oven. Really disappointed.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:42 PM 12-14-2020
I'm on vacation until Saturday. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:43 PM 12-14-2020
Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but the hacks and stealth just don't do it for me. Hacking is legit point at the enemy, pick an option, and watch sparks fly out as he flails. Does it improve if you invest more skill and perk points into it?
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:47 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but the hacks and stealth just don't do it for me. Hacking is legit point at the enemy, pick an option, and watch sparks fly out as he flails. Does it improve if you invest more skill and perk points into it?
I couldn't tell you. I'm playing as a nomad who is a techie, but doesn't like all the hacking shit. I'm all rifles and pistols and enough blades to get extra perks.

I mean, I use it when I have to, to open doors and stuff, and I do ping areas and occasionally burn or short a target, but my INT is 5. I'm mostly about the gunplay. Which I'm liking way more than I expected.

My eventual Corpo playthrough probably be my hacker. And then my street rat will just be a big dumb maelstrom that clubs people with sticks.

Although I might reverse those two just to flip the cliches.
[Reply]
Pants 05:47 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Massive Witcher 3 fan as well, but hard disagree. The game is superficial as fuck. The AI is terrible and the gameplay is overly simplistic. It looks really good and the story is alright so it's got that going for it, but this game really needed a hell of a lot longer in the oven. Really disappointed.
Witcher 3 didn't have amazing combat or AI either. Both of those are a means to an end. The game, like Witcher 3, is about exploring the world, getting mixed in shit and experiencing great stories. The fact that you get to decide how to dispatch the shitty AI is just a cherry on top, man.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:48 PM 12-14-2020
Witcher 3 didn't have amazing combat or AI either. Both of those are a means to an end. The game, like Witcher 3, is about exploring the world, getting mixed in shit and experiencing great stories. The fact that you get to decide how to dispatch the shitty AI is just a cherry on top, man.
I still haven't finished witcher 3. For me, that game is just so easy to put down and forget about.

(I also haven't ever finished Inquisition, although that one is much closer to the end).

I think after 20+ years of fantasy rpgs, I'm just really excited to get a good future set rpg. The original deus ex's and mass effects and kotor's are just so rare in my experience. Whereas there's usually several fantasy games a year. I mean, shit, Baldur's Gate 3 next year looks awesome.

I am going to go back sometime and get The Outer Worlds. I've seen enough streaming to know I'll dig it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:53 PM 12-14-2020
Maybe that's why I'm not digging it as much. The story just doesn't hold a candle to Witcher 3s, at least to me. But I've never really been all that into dystopian future settings so it's more just personal preference.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:56 PM 12-14-2020
The thing I've discovered doing so many sidequests is that this game, to me, seems more about building the world as a whole than telling a singular story.

There is an incredible, almost overwhelming, depth to Night City and the people in it (and over it).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:59 PM 12-14-2020
Thinking back Witcher 3 kind of sucked at launch as well. Hopefully they can regain back all the good faith they had built up with post launch patches and the amazing DLC they'll inevitably drop, but that review bullshit is inexcusable.
[Reply]
Pants 06:09 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I still haven't finished witcher 3. For me, that game is just so easy to put down and forget about.

(I also haven't ever finished Inquisition, although that one is much closer to the end).
I was balls deep into Witcher 3, man. Loved everything about it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:03 PM 12-14-2020
:-) It wouldnt be a CDPR game without a glitch to make quite a bit of money illegitimately. Next time you're near a soda machine buy them up and disassemble them. That's all I'll say.
[Reply]
Fish 08:47 PM 12-14-2020
How do you do, fellow netrunners...

[Reply]
Fish 08:55 PM 12-14-2020
Harsh.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:04 PM 12-14-2020
There's a legendary cyberdeck you can buy pretty early on that's a real quality of life upgrade. Makes the hacking feel much better.
[Reply]
Fish 01:56 AM 12-15-2020

[Reply]
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up