ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 460
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Shag 10:30 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Anybody know a quick fix to stop hitting my short irons fat? I don't know what the deal is. I launch my driver and basically anything teed up, but I keep hitting my short irons and wedges extremely fat.
Make sure you're not sliding to your right (for a righty) on your backswing. I've had that fault before, which caused me to hit a lot of fat shots. For crisper contact, I try and keep my weight a little more on the left during the whole swing for my wedges...
[Reply]
BWillie 11:30 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Where is the ball positioned in your stance?

Middle, towards front foot, or towards back foot?
Depends on what club I'm using. It's always where it's supposed to be for me at least, I don't think that has changed since I've got the chunks. Driver is inside of left heel, and each club I go down it moves back probably a half an inch.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:15 PM 07-15-2010
Depends on what club I'm using. It's always where it's supposed to be for me at least, I don't think that has changed since I've got the chunks. Driver is inside of left heel, and each club I go down it moves back probably a half an inch.
Here's what I do when my short iron swing or alignment gets out of whack:

Put both feet together. Ball directly between both big toes.

Hit 20 balls from that position using a 1/3 or 1/2 swing.

Gradually move your feet further part every 10 balls or so until you've reached your normal position. Then start swinging fully.

Granted, you'll hit 50-60 balls doing this, but it works every time for me.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:12 PM 07-15-2010
There are a lot of reasons why you could be hitting it fat. Is your ball flight higher than normal? Are you hitting more pulls, or popping it up a bit with your driver?

If it's just the short irons, you might be taking the club outside the line and then getting really steep on the downswing.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:15 PM 07-15-2010
Interesting first round of the Open. Lead is at -9, but the real lead is -5.

It will be interesting to see where the lead is tomorrow, given that almost all the low rounds, sans Westwood, went off really early today.

Phil played like ass today, but he's actually not in bad shape, considering he caught a couple of horrible breaks with the putter.

Tiger is in really good shape, but he'll have a tough draw with the weather tomorrow, in all likelihood.

This was a par 68 for the guys who went out early and a 72 for the guys who went out late.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lead was -8 after tomorrow. Although if the weather is nice all day, it could be -13.
[Reply]
smittysbar 03:26 PM 07-15-2010
Stay in there BIG JOHN F'ing awesome!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:30 PM 07-15-2010
Daly will shoot 80 tomorrow.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:31 PM 07-15-2010
I just tuned in. Woods is using a new putter? And he just pulled a 3 footer. Ouch.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:49 PM 07-15-2010
I golfed at Sycamore Ridge yesterday. It's $29.99 w/ a cart twilight rate. Hell of a deal. Supposed to be the best public golf course in Kansas.

I wasn't very impressed w/ the first nine. Probably because I think links golf is just ugly. The second nine was spectacular though. People have always told me that the course was hard, and I did real well on the first nine and thought the course wasn't as hard as people said, but the back nine ate me alive. I knew I wasn't going to get done before dark so I wasn't playing for score on the back nine, just trying to bust driver down the tight fairways but the back was much much harder than the front.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:55 PM 07-15-2010
I golfed at Sycamore Ridge yesterday. It's $29.99 w/ a cart twilight rate. Hell of a deal. Supposed to be the best public golf course in Kansas.

I wasn't very impressed w/ the first nine. Probably because I think links golf is just ugly. The second nine was spectacular though. People have always told me that the course was hard, and I did real well on the first nine and thought the course wasn't as hard as people said, but the back nine ate me alive. I knew I wasn't going to get done before dark so I wasn't playing for score on the back nine, just trying to bust driver down the tight fairways but the back was much much harder than the front.
It's a very nice Colbert design. Not as good as Colbert Hills but for 29$ w\cart it's a great value. And yes, you better score well on the front because the back will tarnish a round if you ain't careful.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:05 AM 07-16-2010
Suspending play due to high winds for the same guys who got the cake ass end of the draw yesterday.

This is one of the reason why, although I think the British Open is unique, it's highly steeped in bullshit.

Your success is almost entirely dependent upon when you tee off.
[Reply]
Shag 12:11 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Suspending play due to high winds for the same guys who got the cake ass end of the draw yesterday.

This is one of the reason why, although I think the British Open is unique, it's highly steeped in bullshit.

Your success is almost entirely dependent upon when you tee off.
The announcers were saying that the suspension was due to it being impossible to replace a marked ball on some greens...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:45 PM 07-16-2010
It was a very fortunate break for those who got it, especially those who had a lot of golf to play.

Basically, there are only a couple of slots where you had a chance to shoot a good two rounds.

You'd have to tee off super early and super late Thursday and Friday, or super late and super early Thursday and Friday.

Oosthuizen basically played a par 67 both days. He either played in windless conditions or soft and windless conditions.
Tiger got 18 holes of cake golf and 18 holes of very difficult golf.
Mickelson got 30 holes of very difficult golf and about 6 holes of very easy golf.

There's luck involved in every major, but far too much involved in the British. It devalues the championship at times, which sucks, because it's such a unique test of golf.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:47 PM 07-16-2010
They honestly suspended play due to high winds?? I've never heard of that happening before
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:49 PM 07-16-2010
Tiger's first audible "God Dammit" of the tournament.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 460
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up