ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 94
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 03-16-2019
"Left-over cap" doesn't "rollover," unfortunately.

I liked Dee for what he was; a fast outside pass rusher. And within his skill set, he was just about the best in the league. However, his lack of size made him a liability in the run game, he wasn't very good in coverage, and he had only one asset; speed. He didn't have a spin move, a bull rush, etc. I just hope we don't end up missing that speed.

And don't be surprised if the Niners end up winning their division next season. They're putting together some nice pieces on both sides of the ball. All they should need is for Garrapolo to play up to his potential and they'll be a solid contender vs the Seahawks.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:57 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I liked Dee for what he was; a fast outside pass rusher. And within his skill set, he was just about the best in the league. However, his lack of size made him a liability in the run game, he wasn't very good in coverage, and he had only one asset; speed. He didn't have a spin move, a bull rush, etc. I just hope we don't end up missing that speed.

And don't be surprised if the Niners end up winning their division next season. They're putting together some nice pieces on both sides of the ball. All they should need is for Garrapolo to play up to his potential and they'll be a solid contender vs the Seahawks.
And the Rams?

9ers could contend for a wild card spot. Doubt they challenge the Rams for the division, but we'll see.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:04 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Pretty sure left over cap can roll over.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:06 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
So does leftover cap rollover to the future somehow? If so how? If not I sure hope we spend most of our cap savings from dealing Ford otherwise I love how the 49ers set up this contract and could have been ok keeping him.
I looked it up. Yes left over cap can roll to the next year.

The browns rolled over almost 60 million I think
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yea, I thought so also.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:51 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. They essentially ought 3 years of control for 3 mil more than the franchise tag.

Ford has a shit agent best I can tell.
Or maybe everyone looked at his injury history and the only way he could get a multi-year guaranteed deal was at a far smaller total and far smaller per year amount and Ford decided instead to bet on his health and production.

Didn't sound like there were a lot of teams trying to trade for Ford.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:44 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
It does. I don't know what the hell that dude is talking about.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:59 AM 10-14-2019
More genius takes in this thread...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:03 AM 10-14-2019
I still question why we didn't consider going wide 9 and kept Ford on an affordable franchise tag. As expected he's been a great fit in that scheme. And it's not like spags is unfamiliar with the front. Sad to see the scheme do so well in SF
[Reply]
Mecca 08:04 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still question why we didn't consider going wide 9 and kept Ford on an affordable franchise tag. As expected he's been a great fit in that scheme. And it's not like spags is unfamiliar with the front. Sad to see the scheme do so well in SF
Their defense works because their front 4 are all high draft picks.....oh and Richard Sherman is a legit leader something we still don't have.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:08 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And Houston would have restructured to stay a Chief. So, we COULD have had:

Houston
Jones
Nnandi
Ford

And been able to AT LEAST rush the fucking passer. But instead we have... LOL...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 AM 10-14-2019
Also that 2nd rounder we got for Dumbass Dee Ford looks to be at the end of the round. We sure won that trade!
[Reply]
warrior 08:11 AM 10-14-2019
A one hundred million dollar broke dick
[Reply]
scho63 08:17 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
More genius takes in this thread...
Wow, sit back as a Monday morning QB and show here people were wrong. :-)

All YOUR posts are AFTER the fact criticizing people here on CP. All of them.

Go fuck yourself with this stupid shit. :-)
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:20 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wow, sit back as a Monday morning QB and show here people were wrong. :-)

All YOUR posts are AFTER the fact criticizing people here on CP. All of them.

Go **** yourself with this stupid shit. :-)

Weird way of saying “I’m an idiot and don’t know anything about football”...
[Reply]
Page 75 of 94
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up