ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 50
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:11 PM 11-22-2017
The first Iron Man is fucking awesome. Fuck you, Dane!

I haven't watched it probably since '08 but I just know it is!
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:16 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It doesn't matter if it's "great".

Either you enjoyed it or didn't.

NONE of these mother****ing comic films, whether Marvel or DC, are "great", with the exception of The Dark Knight, which was a masterpiece for many, many reasons.

Go back and watch Iron Man from 2008.

It does not hold up.
I just watched IM 2 just a couple of weeks ago and would much rather watch that again then Justice League. And IM 2 isn't great at all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:19 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Righhhht cause that what I’m doing. Critics are dumb and irrelevant for the most part. The studio is correcting the ship as this is the best movie to date for that universe. Snyder was the worst choice for the franchise but due to him losing a child recently I’m gonna day he’s no longer gonna be with them going forward. Ben has been a great Batman I think, he’s been the best Bruce Wayne by far. They are def setting up a Batman after Bruce Wayne which will be refreshing.

This movie was by no means as jarring as BvS. It would have been nice to see standalone films but DC had to just rush them to compete. Any justice league animated- dc fan should go see this movie.
The ship is taking on water. $$$ wise its looking like its going to break even at best. I don't personally give a shit about it but with how these executives react to this type of news it scares me what kind of knee jerk reaction they'll have that'll fuck up their next movie. So far Marvel seems like the Patriots and DC seems like the Browns. Even when Marvel does stupid shit they always seem to come out ahead. When DC does something good or great it still ends up being a failure of sorts. Its sad to watch
[Reply]
Fish 02:20 PM 11-22-2017
It doesn't matter if it's "great".

Either you enjoyed it or didn't.

NONE of these motherfucking comic films, whether Marvel or DC, are "great", with the exception of The Dark Knight, which was a masterpiece for many, many reasons.

Go back and watch Iron Man from 2008.

It does not hold up.
I rewatched Iron Man a month ago. Still a great movie. Your Marvel bias is weird.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:30 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I rewatched Iron Man a month ago. Still a great movie. Your Marvel bias is weird.
I think it's clunky and doesn't hold up. The villain was weak.

I've never read comic books. Not as a kid, not as an adult.

GoTG 1 & 2 are really fun movies, as it Ant Man. I liked Civil War, Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier but found Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Captain America 1 and The Avengers tedious to watch at best and outright boring at worst.

At this point, I think that Spider-man: Homecoming was the best "film" from top to bottom. Excellent cast, pacing, direction and acting.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:35 PM 11-22-2017

At this point, I think that Spider-man: Homecoming was the best "film" from top to bottom. Excellent cast, pacing, direction and acting.
I think Winter Soldier is the best Disney movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Homecoming was fine, but I think Winter Soldier was just that awesome.

Also, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 deserve to be compared to Batman Begins and TDKR.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 PM 11-22-2017
Let's rank these Marvel flicks in tiers since you guys know I love me some tiers.

The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.
GotG
Winter Soldier

Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
Iron Man

Just enjoyable
Age of Ultron
Thor
Ant Man
The First Avenger

Yeah, they ****ed these up
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
The Dark World
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:39 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Let's rank these Marvel flicks in tiers since you guys know I love me some tiers.

The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.
GotG
Winter Soldier

Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
Iron Man

Just enjoyable
Age of Ultron
Thor
Ant Man
The First Avenger

Yeah, they ****ed these up
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
The Dark World
Mix in the DC Universe in your rankings
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:03 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Mix in the DC Universe in your rankings
I like your style, brotha.

Marvel in regular, DC in bold (I'll include the Nolanverse just to give them some love), Fox in italics, and Sony underlined..

***The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.***
The Dark Knight
GotG
Winter Soldier
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins

***Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.***
Deadpool
Logan
X2: X-Men United
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Dr Strange

***Just enjoyable***
Age of Ultron
Wonder Woman
X-Men: First Class
Thor
Justice League
Man of Steel
Ant Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
The First Avenger
X-Men
Fantastic 4

***Yeah, they ****ed these up***
Iron Man 3
Batman vs Superman
Iron Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Green Lantern
F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Dark World
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
That piece of shit F4 remake
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:04 PM 11-22-2017
Good Lord, that is painful to look at but you get the picture.

Now that I'm looking at in this format, these studios really don't seem all that different. I feel like they're all pretty evenly distributed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:33 PM 11-22-2017

Now that I'm looking at in this format, these studios really don't seem all that different. I feel like they're all pretty evenly distributed.
You did the honourable thing and let Suicide Squad die peacefully, I see.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:42 PM 11-22-2017
Logan deserves to be listed creme de la crime.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:50 PM 11-22-2017

I will do some of mine but it won't be as complete as yours and I am not doing the different lettering because I am lazy...

1st Tier

Civil War
Deadpool
Iron Man
GotG
Ragnarok
Logan

All the Nolan Batmans fall into 1 or 2 but I haven't seen them in a long time so I would need to watch them again to properly judge. I would guess 2/3 in Tier 1 possibly all 3 though.

2nd Tier

Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spiderman Homecoming
Ant Man
Avengers 1

A lot of the X-men movies would probably fall into Tier 3 for me but maybe one or two in Tier 2. Once again would need to re-watch several of them to classify them properly.

3rd Tier

Avengers 2
GotG 2
Cap 1
Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Dr. Strange
Both the F4 movies (not the most recent shit one)
The Amazing Spiderman

4th Tier

First two Thor's
IM 2
IM 3
Green Lantern
B vs S (Theatrical release... would bump to 3rd tier for extended cut)
Justice League (could very well get bumped to 3rd or 2nd if they release the extended cut)

**** this shit
Suicide Squad
Piece of shit F4 remake
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 11-22-2017
Anyone who doesn't put Deadpool in the top tier, creme de creme is whack and has no clue what makes a good superhero movie.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:57 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I will do some of mine but it won't be as complete as yours and I am not doing the different lettering because I am lazy...

1st Tier

Civil War
Deadpool
Iron Man
GotG
Ragnarok
Logan

All the Nolan Batmans fall into 1 or 2 but I haven't seen them in a long time so I would need to watch them again to properly judge. I would guess 2/3 in Tier 1 possibly all 3 though.
Please tell me how Spider-Man 2 is not first tier in your opinion.

It's an amazing movie.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 50
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up