ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Media Center>Syfy: The Expanse
srvy 10:12 PM 12-10-2021
New season dropped today I heard. Going to check it out after Gutfeld.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:39 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
New season dropped today I heard. Going to check it out after Gutfeld.
Watched the premiere last night. It was a fine start, but nothing too exciting yet.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:09 PM 12-10-2021
CGI fell off a fucking cliff for everything except the opening scene and losing Cas Anvar due to him being a creep has kicked the show in the shin.

Sucks they couldn't keep Jose Zuniga in the cast in light of Anvar's departure too
[Reply]
Bowser 11:15 PM 12-13-2021
Yeah it was strange not having Alex in the show. He meshed so well with the other characters/actors, too. Sucks for the viewers.

And I have not read the books, so maybe someone know the answer without being TOO spoilery - is this season going to being purely an Earth and Mars vs. Inaros and his Belters season, or are we going to get to explore some ring worlds? The opening scene with the little girl exploring a new planet only to cut away to the Protomolecule ship bearing down on it piqued my interest.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:42 PM 01-02-2022
Are we to believe Holden did what he did because he couldn't kill Naomi's kid in front of her? I'm not quite buying it, something's up.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:04 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Are we to believe Holden did what he did because he couldn't kill Naomi's kid in front of her? I'm not quite buying it, something's up.
He's tired of killing I think is his reason for not dusting the Pella.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:35 AM 01-15-2022
That was abrupt and totally unfulfilling. Very disappointing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:45 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That was abrupt and totally unfulfilling. Very disappointing.
Nah, not really. The rumors say there will be more content coming, likely a movie or two. This was as good a spot as any to pause. The tone/setting of the series really changes after this.

I'm nearly done with book 9 of the series, and I rather hope they continue the series, whether that be a few short mini-series or a series of movies.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nah, not really. The rumors say there will be more content coming, likely a movie or two. This was as good a spot as any to pause. The tone/setting of the series really changes after this.

I'm nearly done with book 9 of the series, and I rather hope they continue the series, whether that be a few short mini-series or a series of movies.
Well, that helps, I suppose. The last two episodes just felt to me like they were trying to close things up like a battlefield triage job on a gaping wound and left way too much on the table. Plus, why not 10 episodes. Give me want I want so I don't whine like a little bitch, lol.

I've held off diving into the books until they were finished with the show (didn't want to Game of Thrones this thing) so I don't know the progression of the storyline they're basing the show on. I had heard that when the Holden/protomolecule storyline wraps up that the books jump 50-ish years into the future to the ring worlds, and while I'm interested, like I said, I felt there were way too many questions left unanswered.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:10 AM 01-15-2022
I don't think we gotta worry about the show falling apart game if thrones style or deviating from the book storylines. The guys who write the books are executive producers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 AM 01-15-2022
Suuuuuuper hard not to compare it to Season 8 of Thrones. Way too many similarities between the two IMO even if you're giving Expanse a lot of leeway.

That being said, how they wrapped it up made sense and was true to all the important characters which made it NOT S8 of Thrones. Really Abraham and Franck had the opposite problem of having more book material to work with and not enough screen resources.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up