ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:56 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
dude explain why you are laughing? kansas city karens are the worst. no new airport, no public transportation, all i do is cry about parking/traffic. royals would kill at this spot and make way more tax revenue and help for the city. but nooo i'm so mad at how this will take away my favorite bar that opened up a year ago and will go away next year!!!

i love the diverseness/indie spirit of the crossroads as much as the next guy. and maybe a little bit of this goes away but it will really benefit all the breweries and the good local spots. will be way better for KC if this goes through.
TSC never developed and that's with 2 teams. They passed on the East Village because it would be hard to develop despite the slam dunk it would have been because they wouldn't have had to fight anybody about the land. What you are citing is a myth.

Again we haven't even seen a rendering of Arrowhead and that's just the tip of the ice berg. Very little details have been released and we vote again. This can fail and they can come back with an actual plan and vote again. Just like they did with the stadium renovations over 15 years ago
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 11:00 PM 02-23-2024
another funny thing about reading on social media and on here - most progressive/liberals don't like this bc they think it's hurting their spot - the crossroads. i'm super liberal on social issues but i understand how business works. there is this weird collaboration amongst the crazy left and dumb right that hates everything different that hates this.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:05 PM 02-23-2024
LIBERULS
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 11:25 PM 02-23-2024
and i think this like many things in internet era will end up like...yeah lots of outspoken voices were amplified by their social media presence...while most voters who aren't attention seekers will be like, hell yeah this is much better for my city and i'll silently vote for progress and bettering my community. again i know some of you have personal things and you are just looking out for your own.
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 12:28 AM 02-24-2024
again, kansas city karen titty meat....what are your objections to this locale?

i just wanna understand why people are opposed, the uber left i get from twitter/reddit they hate bc they are young idiots who don't know anything. but you i would think understand this city and how good it would be for us.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:52 AM 02-24-2024
Boy are you one lost S.O.B you'll fit in well with the KC voter base
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:52 PM 02-24-2024
$1 million bucks in a pot to promote the stadium pro-vote.

If the grift in this whole fiasco wasn't enough, Sly James gets the contract as promotor.

The payoffs to politicians come due....one mayor takes care of another.

Scam the taxpayers and lets play ball...
[Reply]
penguinz 10:05 PM 02-24-2024
A city built by corruption thrives on corruption.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:23 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :-)
every new stadium doesn’t allow tailgating. It’s not cost effective. There’s no money being made. This trend is nation wide.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:59 AM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :-)
I feel like that is not as big of deal for the Royals its always hot as fuck not near the thing as it is for Arrowhead.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:37 AM 03-21-2024
Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:11 AM 03-21-2024
The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:18 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.
:-) More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:21 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
another funny thing about reading on social media and on here - most progressive/liberals don't like this bc they think it's hurting their spot - the crossroads. i'm super liberal on social issues but i understand how business works. there is this weird collaboration amongst the crazy left and dumb right that hates everything different that hates this.
Super liberal on social issues? Fucking gross.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:26 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-) More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...

It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute fucking bullshit that is 20 years out of date.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up