ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 341
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:31 PM 09-26-2016
Just bought some more Underwood ammunition. It's pricey stuff but if you're gonna have a self defense ammo, buy the best.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:54 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
[IMG][/IMG]

Pumped. Got my 1943 Walther P38 today. It is in much better shape than I thought it would be. Gave it a good cleaning. No import marks, Nazi stamps on the slide, grip and barrel. Made at the Mauser plant.
Very nice.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:59 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
See post #448.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and I've put about 300 rounds through it. So far, very happy, though I have to admit, it's taking longer to break in than my "cheap" Taurus did. But the recoil spring is getting better, last time out only had like 4 out of 100 fail to eject. This is also a striker fired weapon, not a hammer fired, which was a big selling point to me anyway.

This gun is super accurate. The 4 inch barrel and the 9mm of course make it moreso than my 3.5 inch Taurus in .45. A breeze to break down and as I mentioned before, the trigger is flat out amazing. Follow up shots are great with thi thing. I'd recommend it, for the price I got it (539.00) it was a no brainer. The holster that it comes with is a nice little bonus, good for out on the range, and it comes also with 2 15 round mags.

Happy Shooting!
. If you can shoot that 3.5 45 with any accuracy your hell of a lot better shot than me
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:39 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
See post #448.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and I've put about 300 rounds through it. So far, very happy, though I have to admit, it's taking longer to break in than my "cheap" Taurus did. But the recoil spring is getting better, last time out only had like 4 out of 100 fail to eject. This is also a striker fired weapon, not a hammer fired, which was a big selling point to me anyway.

This gun is super accurate. The 4 inch barrel and the 9mm of course make it moreso than my 3.5 inch Taurus in .45. A breeze to break down and as I mentioned before, the trigger is flat out amazing. Follow up shots are great with this thing. I'd recommend it, for the price I got it (539.00) it was a no brainer. The holster that it comes with is a nice little bonus, good for out on the range, and it comes also with 2 15 round mags.

Happy Shooting!

When I was in the Army in Europe, we were carrying the .45 for nearly two years and then they switched us to Sigs (Had to appease NATO) in 9mm. AT first I was mad as hell, but after a couple of trips to the range, I fell in love with the brand and have owned at least one, since the 80s (I retired in 86). I currently own a 226, a 237, a 2022 and a 220 (in .45).

Honestly, one of the most accurate brands I have ever shot.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:54 PM 09-29-2016
[IMG][/IMG]

I could not hold my erection in while looking at this Luger yesterday at a nearby gun store. Decided not to buy it but it bothered me all night. Went back today and snatched it up. It's a 1937 S/42 Mauser Luger P08. Very good condition with minor wear. No import marks. I found one small part not matching the rest of the gun. Everything else matches and the bluing is in good shape. I am concerned that I paid too much at $1500 though. I felt like it was more of a $1200 gun due to the one non matching part.

Hopefully I can find a matching part since its a small part and abbreviated to "25". That leaves me with many options to find a matching "25".
[Reply]
Delaney37 05:04 AM 09-30-2016
[IMG][/IMG]

I could not hold my erection in while looking at this Luger yesterday at a nearby gun store. Decided not to buy it but it bothered me all night. Went back today and snatched it up. It's a 1937 S/42 Mauser Luger P08. Very good condition with minor wear. No import marks. I found one small part not matching the rest of the gun. Everything else matches and the bluing is in good shape. I am concerned that I paid too much at $1500 though. I felt like it was more of a $1200 gun due to the one non matching part.

Hopefully I can find a matching part since its a small part and abbreviated to "25". That leaves me with many options to find a matching "25".
Nice score! If I was in your shoes I'd be telling myself not to worry. It's only going to increase in value as time passes :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:04 AM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
Hey I got a question for you guys..how many of you carry everyday or most days and what is it you carry

Where do you put your holster..is it inside the waistband or out

Do you carry extra rounds..what rounds do you prefer

I carry a full size 1911 Remington R1 Enhanced most days and others I have a modified Springfield XDS

I use Aliengear holsters and they are inside the waistband

I carry 1 extra mag for each pistol and I use Hornady Self Defense rounds
I carry S&W M&P compact .40. I love it. I'm a lefty so I carry inside the waist band right at 11 o'clock. I usually carry one extra mag and I load my own.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:17 PM 10-02-2016
Boys this is why I carry a .500 in grizzly country. The guy blasted the bear with bear spray, which didn't slow down the bear and it kicked his ass....twice. He's lucky to be alive.

[Reply]
notorious 10:19 PM 10-02-2016
I always chuckle when someone bumps the guns thread after a horrible Chiefs loss.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 11:10 PM 10-02-2016
[IMG][/IMG]

Good luck finding a 25 on that small matching part. Those searches are usually a needle in a haystack.

FWIW, I would ask you which part is non-matching. It was not uncommon in the field for armorers to lose the toggle pin or for it to break. If it is stamped with a "42", then that is probably an official armorers replacement part and qualifies your Luger as "all matching" for collector purposes. From a purist standpoint, I enjoy having ALL matching numbers, including the toggle pin. But if that is what is missing 25 and has "42" instead, then you are "all matching" collectible.

I can't speak to the price as condition is so important and I haven't priced Lugers in years, but your 1937 is late year, as the early year guns still had the strawing on the trigger and take-down lever like the earlier years had.

Congratulations. P.08 Lugers are so cool.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:27 PM 10-02-2016
If I owned a gun I probably would have blown my brains out after that abortion of a game tonight.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:30 PM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
If I owned a gun I probably would have blown my brains out after that abortion of a game tonight.
10 years ago I might have thought the same, but it's become very nice to just let go of the hold football used to have on my emotions. I love it when they win, but I just don't let the losses affect me like they used to. Isn't worth it anymore.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:01 AM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
10 years ago I might have thought the same, but it's become very nice to just let go of the hold football used to have on my emotions. I love it when they win, but I just don't let the losses affect me like they used to. Isn't worth it anymore.
Yep. Started feeling the same way towards the end of the herm years. Losses don't really bother me anymore.
[Reply]
notorious 08:04 AM 10-03-2016
The good news: I will probably go shooting more on Sundays.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 07:09 PM 10-04-2016
[IMG][/IMG]

Pumped. Got my 1943 Walther P38 today. It is in much better shape than I thought it would be. Gave it a good cleaning. No import marks, Nazi stamps on the slide, grip and barrel. Made at the Mauser plant.
Jealous as hell! That's nice man. Can I ask where you're finding all your WWII weapons? You buying more?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 341
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up