Burt Reynolds
Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:35 PM 12-20-2019
Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
[Reply]
banecat 10:21 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
It’s a damn shame that ending didn’t happen in real life

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:23 AM 12-21-2019
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 12-21-2019
I want a gif of Leonardi Dicaprio yelling at hippies in a robe with a frozen margarita in a blender.
[Reply]
banecat 06:15 PM 12-21-2019

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
Or Roman could've been home, and have been the only victim. I could've lived with that piece of shit dying
[Reply]
banecat 06:16 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
This
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:07 PM 12-21-2019
Finally saw this movie a week ago. Pretty good. Probably a top ten Tarantino movie.

Though I get what KAJ meant about his characterization of Bruce Lee. It was overdone. Made him into a caricature, more of a cartoon version of Bruce.

But it's a movie, and I get why T. played it that way. Thankfully the Bruce scene is just a segueway and wasn't an ongoing part of the movie.

Should be added to the list of top 2010's movies.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:52 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Finally saw this movie a week ago. Pretty good. Probably a top ten Tarantino movie.

Though I get what KAJ meant about his characterization of Bruce Lee. It was overdone. Made him into a caricature, more of a cartoon version of Bruce.

But it's a movie, and I get why T. played it that way. Thankfully the Bruce scene is just a segueway and wasn't an ongoing part of the movie.

Should be added to the list of top 2010's movies.
I loved how well Moh imitated his speaking cadence and voice inflections... it was dead on

That said, Quentin shouldn’t have went where he did with it...leave Bruce alone!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Since he's only made 9 movies, thats a given.:-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:42 PM 12-22-2019
I'm gonna rewatch this tomorrow or Tuesday without interruption and absorb all the nuances and a few of the items I missed first go around.

I know a couple times watching on my computer I got distracted.

I'll finally be able to comment and rate in fairness and objectivity.
[Reply]
banecat 11:09 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm gonna rewatch this tomorrow or Tuesday without interruption and absorb all the nuances and a few of the items I missed first go around.

I know a couple times watching on my computer I got distracted.

I'll finally be able to comment and rate in fairness and objectivity.
I haven't watched Hateful Eight. I just can't find the time to sit down and watch it. And Kill Bill is the only other film that I haven't watched of his. I'd say that Inglorious is the best work that he's done, and Jackie Brown is my favorite.

Pulp fiction is the second on both of those lists from my book. It's not easy to rank his shit. It's all good stuff. I've heard that Once Upon is a love letter to LA, and, or Hollywood. The latter can be both as it is part of the area

If QT pens a love letter to that, then he's writing one to himself as well. He's part of that area and scene. It feels like an homage of his work that he's done whilst doing more work. You can tell that he loves his work and what he's been lucky enough to be apart of

He'll do one last film after this. This should've been his last one, but if he can build upon this with his next one, then just wow. But with all of that being said, I still would like to see what you say after another view as you analyze it
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:12 PM 12-23-2019
I appreciate your choice of Jackie Brown as your favorite, because it was MY favorite until this came along... JB is probably down a ways on most people’s list, so it’s rare to find someone else claiming it as their #1
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:27 PM 12-23-2019
I'll have to re-watch it. I watched it this weekend but may have watched it too late at night and found myself dozing off. What i mostly remember is the acting being superb and the ending not being what i expected.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:39 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'll have to re-watch it. I watched it this weekend but may have watched it too late at night and found myself dozing off. What i mostly remember is the acting being superb and the ending not being what i expected.
Yeah it’s the acting, and exquisite look back at that era, that makes this movie... there’s no far out Tarantino action until the end

Pitt and Leo have never been more believable and relatable, and every other performance is just dead nuts nails IMO... the hippy chick Cliff meets, Pacino killed it, Robbie was a naive vision to behold, Moh as Lee, yeah there isn’t a sour acting note in the whole thing
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up