ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UFO spotted by American Airlines pilot
Munson 07:00 AM 02-24-2021

LISTEN: Pilot reports UFO spotting; airline not denying, says speak to FBI https://t.co/bJokCj0dGd

— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 24, 2021

Originally Posted by :
American Airlines not denying UFO spotting, says talk to the FBI

Pilot said it "looked like a cruise missile type of thing"

By Paul Best | Fox News

An American Airlines passenger jet traveling from Cincinnati to Phoenix encountered a UFO over northeastern New Mexico Sunday afternoon.

The pilot on flight 2292 radioed around 1:00 p.m. CST that the UFO was flying right on top of them
, according to a radio transmission recorded by Steve Douglass on his blog, Deep Black Horizon. American Airlines verified to Fox News that the transmission is from flight 2292.

"Do you have any targets up here? We just had something go right over the top of us," the pilot said in the radio transmission.

"I hate to say this but it looked like a long cylindrical object that almost looked like a cruise missile type of thing moving really fast. It went right over the top of us."

American Airlines confirmed that the radio transmission is authentic, but did not give any further comment on the possible alien encounter.

"Following a debrief with our Flight Crew and additional information received, we can confirm this radio transmission was from American Airlines Flight 2292 on Feb. 21,"
an American Airlines spokesperson told Fox News in a statement. "For any additional questions on this, we encourage you to reach out to the FBI."

The FBI did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Flight 2292 was around 37,000 feet at the time of the sighting, and Albuquerque Center did not respond because local air traffic interfered, according to Douglass. The flight went on to land in Phoenix, Arizona.

New Mexico is home to White Sands Missile Range, which is located in the southern part of the state and is described as the Department of Defense's "largest, fully-instrumented, open air range."

White Sands Missile Range did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Thousands of UFO sightings are reported each year, but encounters by pilots have received increased attention recently.

In February 2018, two pilots separately encounter an object beaming light at roughly 50,000 feet in eastern Arizona, the Arizona Republic reported.

Between 2014 and 2015, Navy pilots encountered numerous UFOs traveling at hypersonic speeds up to 30,000 feet in the air, the New York Times reported.

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:29 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I find it highly unlikely that a "UFO" launched in China or Russia could have flown 7,000 miles, undetected, only to be caught on radar by a commercial airliner in New Mexico.
:-)

Ok sure, well, when you put it like that...
[Reply]
O.city 12:30 PM 02-24-2021
Math is the easy part.

It's the rest thats impossible based on current tech. I don't know what they are. I don't think they're in our capability to build and operate at this point in time.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:30 PM 02-24-2021
I find it highly unlikely that a "UFO" launched in China or Russia could have flown 7,000 miles, undetected, only to be caught on radar by a commercial airliner in New Mexico.
Exactly, they had to come from their new spaceport. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's the rest thats impossible based on current tech. I don't know what they are. I don't think they're in our capability to build and operate at this point in time.
I'm not so sure about that.

I had a college roommate that was smart AF whose first job out of college was working for Defense Appropriations at massive military contractor. On a visit back to KC about 4 years later, we got together one night for a hang. He had moved to Dallas by that point and I was in LA but as luck would have it, we were both in KC on the same weekend.

Anyway, I asked him if he could tell me about any new and awesome weapons developments, to which he replied "No, I have high level clearance and everything I know is highly classified". So I said, "Come on man, give me something!".

He said, "The SR71 was created in the early 60's but wasn't fully declassified until the early 80's. Now, just imagine what kind of weaponry we've created in the early 90's that won't be declassified for at least 20 years.

There's your answer."
[Reply]
BWillie 12:42 PM 02-24-2021
UFO just means unidentified object. If they said it looks like a cruise missile and it was over a known military area...perhaps it was a..you know...cruise missile.

but everyone always assumes aliens.
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 02-24-2021
I'm not so sure about that.

I had a college roommate that was smart AF whose first job out of college was working for Defense Appropriations at massive military contractor. On a visit back to KC about 4 years later, we got together one night for a hang. He had moved to Dallas by that point and I was in LA but as luck would have it, we were both in KC on the same weekend.

Anyway, I asked him if he could tell me about any new and awesome weapons developments, to which he replied "No, I have high level clearance and everything I know is highly classified". So I said, "Come on man, give me something!".

He said, "The SR71 was created in the early 60's but wasn't fully declassified until the early 80's. Now, just imagine what kind of weaponry we've created in the early 90's that won't be declassified for at least 20 years.

There's your answer."
But with these things moving and behaving the way they are, thats not just like a 40 year leap. It's like...fuck I don't even know how many.

I'm skeptical it's "otherwordly" but I dunno if we made it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:47 PM 02-24-2021
But with these things moving and behaving the way they are, thats not just like a 40 year leap. It's like...fuck I don't even know how many.

Ok well it's either otherwordly or we made it. You can't be skeptical of both.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 02-24-2021

Computer chips and AI have exceeded Moore's Law. Advances in superconducting alloys and crystal growth along with other experiments on the space station will have most certainly played a role.

The US isn't spending all $800 billion dollars on traditional warships and planes each year...
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok well it's either otherwordly or we made it. You can't be skeptical of both.
I'm fully in the "I don't know" camp.

It's fun to think it's aliens or whatever, but I honestly have no clue.
[Reply]
Fish 12:54 PM 02-24-2021
Moving in ways impossible for modern technology!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 PM 02-24-2021
It's fun to think it's aliens or whatever, but I honestly have no clue.
The notion that an advanced alien civilization visiting Earth while being caught on radar shouldn't be "fun" in any way, shape or form.

Alien visitation can mean only a few things. Either they're scouting the planet for necessary resources such as water or other highly valuable minerals and mineral deposits or they're planning an invasion.

If an alien civilization can travel at lightspeed throughout the universe, there's nothing currently in human technology and innovation that can match their technological prowess.

Humans would be as consequential to them as insects are to us.
[Reply]
Pants 12:58 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Moving in ways impossible for modern technology!

Yeah, this is pretty close to going from 50,000 ft to 50 ft above MSL in seconds.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:00 PM 02-24-2021
The notion that an advanced alien civilization visiting Earth while being caught on radar shouldn't be "fun" in any way, shape or form.

Alien visitation can mean only a few things. Either they're scouting the planet for necessary resources such as water or other highly valuable minerals and mineral deposits or they're planning an invasion.

If an alien civilization can travel at lightspeed throughout the universe, there's nothing currently in human technology and innovation that can match their technological prowess.

You might find this short article interesting:

https://lithub.com/why-would-aliens-...er-with-earth/
[Reply]
O.city 01:01 PM 02-24-2021

I don't think we can say anything on it if they are. They're so advanced as you say, their thinking would be completely foreign to us. I doubt they'd need any minerals or to invade if they're that advanced.

I'd also guess they've figured out how to travel faster than light, be it bending space or something. Who the hell knows.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:03 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-)
Aren't you aware that we have tic tac shaped aircraft the size of a 747 that can go from 60,000ft to 100 ft altitude in 1 second?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up