ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Tiger Woods injured in Car Crash
Dante84 01:19 PM 02-23-2021

#BREAKING Agency at scene say @TigerWoods was injured in crash in Ranchos Palos Verdes at Hawthorne Blvd near Blackhorse Rd. Fire crews had to use jaws of life to get him out of vehicle. @KFIAM640 @FOXSports @AM570LASports @espn @TMZ_Sports

— stevengregory (@stevengregory) February 23, 2021

Now confirmed:

This morning @LMTLASD responded to a roll-over collision in which @TigerWoods was injured. Please see our statement... pic.twitter.com/cSWOxKZC1w

— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) February 23, 2021

Here’s Tiger Woods’ car. pic.twitter.com/kN5hzoNQud

— Chris Vannini �� (@ChrisVannini) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think driving at high rates of speed is pretty much everywhere now. And yes, in the city the police don’t monitor as much as they should. Probably because it’s dangerous along congested city highways to pull people over and the police have higher priorities.

I see bad and dangerous driving everyday in my area. Tailgating doing 85 MPH, cutting off 18 wheelers at high rates of speed, suddenly slamming on brakes unnecessarily....you name it.

I feel like there needs to be a National campaign to get people to slow down.

We really don’t do a good job of emphasizing highway safety anymore.
Whenever I go back to KC, I really have to concentrate on only driving 8-10mph over on the highways... around here, ~15 over is closer to the norm and you'll still get passed by some people.

What you're describing is more about impatience and aggressive driving, probably compounded by idiots driving slow in the fast lanes and what not... I've never been crazy impatient to the point of weaving in and out of lanes just to get one car ahead after changing lanes 10 times, but I'm also more patient these days.

Plenty of idiot speeders out there can't or won't think further ahead than wanting to pass one more car, making it more dangerous for everyone, far beyond simply speeding.

If speeders were a bit more patient and non-speeders would simply GTFO of the way, speeding wouldn't be seen as being nearly as dangerous in itself.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:30 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Whenever I go back to KC, I really have to concentrate on only driving 8-10mph over on the highways... around here, ~15 over is closer to the norm and you'll still get passed by some people.

What you're describing is more about impatience and aggressive driving, probably compounded by idiots driving slow in the fast lanes and what not... I've never been crazy impatient to the point of weaving in and out of lanes just to get one car ahead after changing lanes 10 times, but I'm also more patient these days.

Plenty of idiot speeders out there can't or won't think further ahead than wanting to pass one more car, making it more dangerous for everyone, far beyond simply speeding.

If speeders were a bit more patient and non-speeders would simply GTFO of the way, speeding wouldn't be seen as being nearly as dangerous in itself.
Yep. People get impatient with congested highways which leads to risky maneuvers. All to try and save a few seconds. Not worth the risk...
[Reply]
BWillie 11:55 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Last ticket I got was five or so years ago on I-95 in South Carolina. Had pulled off to get gas and after filling up I flew out of the gas station and down the on ramp back on the interstate. Made it about half a mile in the left lane probably going about 90 when sure enough there's an ol' Smokey sitting there next to a tree waiting. One of those things you just laugh at looking back, so stupid.
I've gotten one speeding ticket in my life but I've got about 5 other moving violations like not stopping completely at a stop sign (in the middle of no where), going over center line (they were trolling for dewskys), etc.

I'm really an impatient person, but for some reason it doesn't carry over to driving. I'm a very calm driver compared to the masses. I see people and friends I'm with as a passenger always freakout. Someone cuts them off, they get so mad. I just shrug and go meh.
[Reply]
backinblack 12:01 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've gotten one speeding ticket in my life but I've got about 5 other moving violations like not stopping completely at a stop sign (in the middle of no where), going over center line (they were trolling for dewskys), etc.

I'm really an impatient person, but for some reason it doesn't carry over to driving. I'm a very calm driver compared to the masses. I see people and friends I'm with as a passenger always freakout. Someone cuts them off, they get so mad. I just shrug and go meh.
I wouldn't say I'm impatient but I do have a tendency to fuck around. That's what happened with that ticket, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere, I was just screwing around after getting a full tank of gas. Cop was just lucky a dumbass was about to fall right into his lap.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:16 PM 02-26-2021
I've only had a few speeding tickets in my life, but if I could pay $100/year to up my personal speeding limit to 10-15 over on the highway, I would pay it.... so, like any other consequences people have to deal with, speeding tickets are practically a tax you're willing to pay to drive faster (until the tax becomes to high or frequent, of course).

I hate crawling next to huge trucks waiting for the idiot in front of me to pass at +0.1 over the speed limit or getting clumped in with a bunch of cars all going the same speed with no one passing each other... those situation are more dangerous than driving at 10 over and I just want to get the hell away from people.

Granted, I literally told a cop that once on 435 in Overland Park after I finally busted free from a line of cars all driving a couple mph under for miles practically bumper to bumper, because that's safe! ...and was busted at like 12 over.... and he wasn't impressed with my logic. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:50 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, sounds like they may have gotten you, but you were dumb for that regardless. Once you got in the other lane you had no reason to be speeding up.
There was another car ahead of me in the right lane - I figured the piece of shit would try to get next to it and do the same thing all over again.

Also, I wanted to get ahead of/the hell away from the him.

Plus, by that point I was fucking enraged. It's not like I just rode up his ass with my brights on. I gave him plenty of time to change lanes before I got dickish.

If he wasn't a cop, he was a douche. People who drive slow in the fast lane should be dragged from their vehicles and fucking shot.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:54 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think driving at high rates of speed is pretty much everywhere now. And yes, in the city the police don’t monitor as much as they should. Probably because it’s dangerous along congested city highways to pull people over and the police have higher priorities.

I see bad and dangerous driving everyday in my area. Tailgating doing 85 MPH, cutting off 18 wheelers at high rates of speed, suddenly slamming on brakes unnecessarily....you name it.

I feel like there needs to be a National campaign to get people to slow down.

We really don’t do a good job of emphasizing highway safety anymore.
There needs to be a national campaign to get people to stop driving like morons and dicks. If the flow of traffic is going 75 and you're doing 55, you're the problem.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:17 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If he wasn't a cop, he was a douche. People who drive slow in the fast lane should be dragged from their vehicles and ****ing shot.

Have you ever considered running for office?
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:19 PM 02-26-2021
There needs to be a national campaign to get people to stop driving like morons and dicks. If the flow of traffic is going 75 and you're doing 55, you're the problem.
More people driving = more tax revenue. That's all the govt gives a shit about.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:20 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Have you ever considered running for office?
Nope. I'm not kissing any goddamn babies. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 01:21 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
More people driving = more tax revenue. That's all the govt gives a shit about.
That does kind of fly in the face of seeing less people getting pulled over, though.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:22 PM 02-26-2021
Nope. I'm not kissing any goddamn babies. :-)
Babies have had it too good for too damn long if you ask me.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:23 PM 02-26-2021
Hitler was a baby once. A lot of people don't know that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm a speeder myself. I accelerate slowly and generally drive defensively, but I'll usually top out at 10ish mph above the speed limit.

It's really difficult to get into a car accident if you're actually paying attention.
Maybe where you but not where I live.

Traffic is slowly but surely returning to normal in Los Angeles. I had to go up to Burbank yesterday morning, which is about 5 miles from my home and I was this close to being hit four times.

In one case, a lady, who was chowing down on a big sandwich in front of me, decided to STOP at a stoplight the second it turned Yellow, despite the fact that we were traveling at 35 MPH. I was within literally one inch from rear ending her stupid ass.

Then, I guy driving a box truck that nearly clipped me not even 2 minutes afterwards, which more epic dumbassery on my way home. If I had looked away from the road for more than 1 second, I'd have had 4 pretty bad accidents yesterday alone.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:27 PM 02-26-2021
That does kind of fly in the face of seeing less people getting pulled over, though.
I'd have to imagine there's a better ROI with handing someone a driver's license and letting the money roll in vs paying and equipping a police officer to write out a handful of tickets each day.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up