ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>OU footballer picks bar fight. (With an MMA dude)
Prison Bitch 12:31 PM 02-23-2021

OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

It didn’t end well for him and he almost lost his eye. He is currently recovering from eye surgery. pic.twitter.com/OuvgyppljM

— Unnecessary Roughness (@UnnecRoughness) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
burt 02:28 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Always check for cauliflower ear. Always.
Not all wrestlers or MMA practitioners have cauliflower ears. Me for instance.
[Reply]
burt 02:30 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Correct.

and if you're still so inclined to engage, you'd better make your shot count and avoid going to the ground.
No way I'd take that to the ground. A good MMA fighter has to be good on his feet too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:32 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
One of my biggest childhood regrets was not pounding a couple of asswipes because I was a nice kid or was worried about consequences. I will ensure my kids understand they have the green light to stick up for themselves.
It isn’t worth it in my experience. If you can walk away, walk away.
[Reply]
loochy 02:32 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Are you saying that Mike Pennell isn’t pretty? That’s just a little cruel.

I'm saying that he looks like Bigfoot.
[Reply]
burt 02:37 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It’s a hell of a lot more efficient and useful than just throwing haymakers. Clearly the piss soaked floor isn’t an ideal location, but anyone who can grapple has a significant advantage over those who can’t.
First two punches show that that guy would not have been throwing ineffective haymakers. His punches were crisp and concise. He didn't need to take it to the ground.
[Reply]
burt 02:40 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
It’s been a decade since I got in any bar crap,
Me too. 1 decade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:45 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Me too. 1 decade.
I've been in one physical altercation since high school (that was was 30 years ago).

And the only reason that happened was because my wife was being physically threatened by a family member.
[Reply]
burt 02:49 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
When a guy has to have his ocular cavity surgically reconstructed it's a good bet a lawsuit will be involved.
It's not that bad. 3 metal plates and 12 screws in the face to this day. And terfon felt(?) where my orbatal used to be.
[Reply]
burt 02:54 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Walking away is almost always the best option unless you or someone you care about is in immediate danger. You might regret it now, but you did the right thing.
Remove the word "almost". Too many very ugly variables. It is not worth it if there is a way to walk away. "Self defense" defines itself....
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:55 PM 02-24-2021
Taking it to the ground is the best opportunity to completely control the fight, standing up leaves the chance for a lucky haymaker getting through. The chances of something like that happening on the ground go even lower, you want the highest chance of success in a fight.

It’s amazing to me how people think standing and fighting is the most effective way to do it. A street fight isn’t a boxing match, get whoever is across from you on the ground, control them and fuck them up if you need to. Your goal is to stop the threat and limit the damage to yourself, standing keeps those risks higher
[Reply]
burt 02:57 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've been in one physical altercation since high school (that was was 30 years ago).

And the only reason that happened was because my wife was being physically threatened by a family member.
Unfortunately...I was very immature. Plus I got involved standing up against bullies. I can't count how many physical altercations I've been involved it. BUT, I will always preach, walk away now. It's just not worth it.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:24 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I don't know one person who has ever even really been in a bar fight, let alone lost an eye. I must not hang out with the type.

I mean, at our 10 year HS reunion, a guy started some shit in the bathrooms (heh...see what I did there?)...I remember him being a douche bag in HS and apparently he had not changed at all. There were words, and my buddy who was from out of town and came in for the reunion was inclined to want to get a little more radical about it, but I just patted him on the back and said dude, it's time to go.

No need for fighting, unless you are being attacked. But, if you are in your 20's or 30's, I guess you still think you have something to prove.
I don't know man. If you grew up in the middle of nowhere in the midwest in the 70s/80s/90s, I'm not sure how it's even possible unless you had 3 friends and lived a sheltered life.

I guess some of us interacted with interesting people who visited interesting places at interesting times of our lives, and some didn't. It just naturally lead to entertaining experiences. Before a lot of the towns died off and dried out, you could eat a beer bottle at many of the hole in the wall dive bars just for walking in the place. Hell, we used to have to drive 40 miles just to get the good weed the mexican kid's parents were smuggling in. Just hanging around them was good for a knife fight or two. Not speaking the language made it feel like you was watching Telemundo on crack. Even the most sheltered nerdiest motherfucker I've ever known got in a fight, and got our whole group thrown out of a strip club, in Columbia just for offering to buy a girl a beer. Nearly every time some of the boys came home from the sandbox there was always some drunk wanting to pick a fight with "rambo" and you don't exactly get out of those deals without their PTSD going off.

Sometimes life just happens.
[Reply]
burt 03:39 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Taking it to the ground is the best opportunity to completely control the fight, standing up leaves the chance for a lucky haymaker getting through. The chances of something like that happening on the ground go even lower, you want the highest chance of success in a fight.

It’s amazing to me how people think standing and fighting is the most effective way to do it. A street fight isn’t a boxing match, get whoever is across from you on the ground, control them and fuck them up if you need to. Your goal is to stop the threat and limit the damage to yourself, standing keeps those risks higher
We can agree to disagree. His first 2 shots show that he is very accomplished in stand up fighting. And I would not want to be rolling around on a mens room floor!
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:42 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
We can agree to disagree. His first 2 shots show that he is very accomplished in stand up fighting. And I would not want to be rolling around on a mens room floor!

I have watched many accomplished stand up fighters get hit by lesser guys and go down. You get your lights shut off standing you can end up with a busted skull and brain bleed from getting dropped. I would rather roll on the men’s floor than get tagged and end up face down on it and everyone just leave me there
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 02-24-2021
The camera doesn't quite show it all, but it looks like dude smacks him with his left hand before punching him with his right at the very start

Am I seeing that wrong?

Some kind of distraction so Jones wouldn't be looking for his right?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up