ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:11 AM 02-12-2021
The thing that gets to me about Brady is I don't see GOAT status in many of his SB runs.

1. 4 of them he wasn't very good, Bill cheated and I don't consider getting into FG range to have the kicker save the day greatness. Against the Rams he made one throw to win and the rest of the game he shit.
2. He has never had anything less than a stud defense. I mean not one single season.
3. There is statistical data that proves the refs have helped him many times when he struggled. Many seasons for that matter including this one.
4. Never had a shit OL.
5. Played in a super shitty bad division. Manning did as well.

I will give him credit for The Seattle win, he did drive the field to give them the lead. He can have credit for the Atlanta win as well even though Bill's defense didn't allow any points in the second half. This year defense beat the Saints and the Pack, he didn't have to do much. Against us the refs, our OL and his defense are the stories of the game not Brady super play. He gets credit for 7 SB wins as if he was the driving force behind all of them. That just isn't true.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:14 AM 02-12-2021
At the end of first half of Bucs vs Vikes. First Hail Mary DPI since 2008

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...-interference/
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:30 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Exactly the plays that I’m referring to.

Our players need to cry for flags more. It’s annoying but this shit is out of control.

Kelce and Mahomes need to be losing their shit on plays like that. Lord knows Brady and Gronk would. They’d get the flag too.
Suh punched Mahomes in the helmet, Mahomes threw his arms up and pointed to his head. Refs did nothing, because they didn’t want us to win. Thanks Britt Reid!
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:03 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
It is playing style and physical ability and QB accuracy and type of throws made that are the determining factor. Back in the 80's Steve Largent was a great possession receiver but I doubt he picked up many pass interference calls due to the nature of his game.

Godwin sometimes played banged up but he still played 12 out of the 16 regular season games this year.

Kelce tends to run fairly short to intermediate routes into zones so maybe some holding calls he gets but not many PI's make sense.

For an NFL receiver, Hill is fairly short with world class speed or damn close to it. Defenders after pressing him at the line are not exactly in great position to interfere with him. He is just too fast for the person covering him in press man to really interfere much on those crossing/deep routes and often has safety help.

And the accuracy/perceived accuracy of a quarterback and amount of passing attempts a team makes and where they go play heavily into it.

Cam Newton didn't receive many pass interference calls this year. Since he ran the ball a lot, Newton has below average accuracy down the field and Patriots receivers and tight ends were bottom 5 in the league. While I was rooting for Cam Newton this year, I don't think the lack of penalties for pass interference the Patriots received this year was anything sinister. Edelman older and out most of year. No established receivers/tight ends.

If Chiefs ever get a "Mike Evans type" with Patrick Mahomes, it is a great bet that he will get plenty of calls.

Chiefs entire offense is designed to get the ball to playmakers with space to operate.

Tampa Bays offense is designed very differently. Team certainly changed to more of a New England playbook for post season but thanks to Evans/Godwin Brady probably throwing the ball downfield the most in a decade.

I believe Bucs led the NFL in downfield throws/completions or were damn close to leading it.

I totally agree with any Chiefs fan who says T Hill > Mike Evans.

He is a better receiver but he just doesn't have as good of a game for getting pass interference calls.

Hill is sometimes getting so open that there is no defender near him to even interfere.
I cant believe you tried to "explain this away"......

Have you watched any chiefs games other than the brady bowl? Kelce gets mugged nearly every route.....and you dont think tyreek gets held past the 5 yards it's allowed?

(more than 4 times the entire season?)

Just please stop trying to explain the indefensible.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:12 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
If Brady isn't close to best quarterback in NFL history, name 5 quarterbacks in NFL history better than him.
Montana...and it's not really close

Penalties in the 4 Montana SBs

Montana's team 18-145
Opponents 16-132

Penalties in the last 4 Brady SBs

Brady's team 11-87
Opponents 35-285

Fake GOAT is fake...

Montana was actually penalized MORE than his competition...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:48 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Suh punched Mahomes in the helmet, Mahomes threw his arms up and pointed to his head. Refs did nothing, because they didn’t want us to win. Thanks Britt Reid!
It would also be nice to have an offensive linemen or two that would go up to Suh and defend Pat in that situation, rather than watching Andrew Wylie pick turf out of his ass from getting beaten like a drum every play.

You can bet your ass if Osemele was around he would have let Suh know that shit wasn't going to fly.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:53 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

Have you watched any chiefs games other than the brady bowl? Kelce gets mugged nearly every route.....and you dont think tyreek gets held past the 5 yards it's allowed?

This is why Boston fans are so universally hated. It has nothing to do with jealousy. Smug, repugnant pieces of shit who are fond of yelling racial slurs at players like it’s the 1950’s.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:47 AM 02-12-2021

No shit, he reminds me of this character:

[Reply]
gblowfish 10:50 AM 02-12-2021
Goodell votes to acquit.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 11:12 AM 02-12-2021

I watched nearly half of the Chiefs games during regular season and all playoff games.

A tight end or receiver getting mugged after he catches the ball or is in the process of catching the ball is legal.

Tyreek from what I have seen rarely gets held in a way that normally draws flags for NFL players past 5 years. It is just awfully difficult to do because of his explosiveness and the sorta of routes he tends to run the most.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 11:25 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
This is why Boston fans are so universally hated. It has nothing to do with jealousy. Smug, repugnant pieces of shit who are fond of yelling racial slurs at players like it’s the 1950’s.
Racial slurs in Boston amongst fans have been very rare for the last 30 years. Not saying they don't happen on rare ocassions but the Patriots under Bob Kraft instituted a family friendly environment soon after he took over. If you are an obnoxious drunk behaving poorly, good chance you lose season tickets.

Your comments come from a fan base not always known for its civil behavior.
I remember a Chiefs fan pointing a laser pointer against Tom Brady in 2018 AFC Championship game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-city...215217562.html
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 02-12-2021
Nobody cares what you think.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:30 AM 02-12-2021
Crocks have been made since around the civil war. Filling them full of shit is really nothing to feel special about
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:44 AM 02-12-2021
Notice how this Brady fanboi just ignored my Montana SB penalty stats...it's too uncomfortable to acknowledge. They know he's an imposter...

This is what they have to do keep the fantasy alive...it's a cult.

Mental gymnastics and selective reasoning.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:46 AM 02-12-2021
The NFL and the refs decide who the GOAT is.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up