ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 319
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
kccrow 05:55 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not so thrilled about the idea of a 32 year guard as a starter, especially after blowing out all ligaments in both knees.

The dude will be lucky to play at a high level again.
Not a problem. I mean Fisher will be back in 6 months at 100% according to the Planet. All we need is more weapons.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:49 PM 02-26-2021

#PS5Share, #MaddenNFL21 pic.twitter.com/KnZzAqkXzY

— Allen Robinson II (@AllenRobinson) February 26, 2021

[Reply]
Hoover 07:20 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Why even bother with Osemele? Just slide Niang down one spot to LG and call it good in that scenario. Allegreti can hold down the LG for a bit.
Agree. Same with LDT too. I’d rather roll with Allegretti. LDT can be depth. Well need it
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not a problem. I mean Fisher will be back in 6 months at 100% according to the Planet. All we need is more weapons.
You're gonna start this now?

Not everybody is going to get what they want. That's how the offseason works. Somebody always ends up disappointed. Hell, sometimes we ALL end up disappointed.

I think you're putting an awful lot of hope in the idea that Andy Reid is just going to give up on his very first draft pick as a Chief, especially when the guy has been a rock solid contributor until now. It was a freak injury and there's no indication at this point that it's going to be a long-term problem.

You've got your heart set on them taking a LT in the draft and you're so focused on it that if it doesn't happen, you're going to be bitter. In fact, as evidenced by the post I quoted, you're ALREADY bitter about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 AM 02-27-2021
Why even bother with Osemele? Just slide Niang down one spot to LG and call it good in that scenario. Allegreti can hold down the LG for a bit.
We don't even know if Osemele can still play and people are pencilling him in as a starter.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We don't even know if Osemele can still play and people are pencilling him in as a starter.
He’s gonna be cheap and has high upside. It might end in disaster with an injury but they’re gonna have to take some chances like that on the ol with the resources they have available
[Reply]
BossChief 10:21 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He Vp was hurt early enough to be able to recover in time to earn his way back on the field and will be vet min cheap...with the new rules, he’s free. I understand your concern but there’s a reason he’s penciled in and it’s not in ink. We’re going to be tight to the cap and a few moves like that need to happen and hit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:30 AM 02-27-2021
I think you bring back Osemele on another cheap deal if he clears a physical. But I think Alegretti is serviceable at LG.

Fisher's not likely ready to play in September. Mid-season at earliest is probably realistic. You hope Niang could fill in, but that's also a question mark. I really think this is the spot where you hope an older vet chasing a ring would come in, spell Fisher and then become your 6th man/swing tackle when Fisher's ready.

Schwartz expecting to be healthy is a big plus. The OT situation is much less scary.

I'd prefer to let Reiter and Wylie walk, they're just not good enough.

We need a Center and perhaps another guard. LDT is an okay starter.

I think getting a little better/more physical up front will keep defenses honest and we won't have to scheme around the talent deficiencies as much.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 02-27-2021
Bc God forbid we have a year like last year where we lose a shit ton of starters on the OL.

I’d bring this dude back on the PS and let him heal up. The guy was fucking awesome at LG last year. Even if he was 75% of that he’s still a huge bonus to have for a cheap deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:14 AM 02-27-2021
It seems to me that the 'blueprint to beat The Chiefs' has actually now been proven.

If you can get consistent pressure with 4 and cover with 7 you can give Mahomes fits.

We can't run the ball consistently to keep defenses honest.

If you can limit Hill and Kelce, and can score points yourself, you can beat The Chiefs.

There are two answers to the problem: a healthy and dangerous 'X' receiver to threaten defenses further.

Improved offensive line play. Not just from The Super Bowl, but overall, in general.

Additionally, we need another dynamic edge rusher to complement Jones and Clark.

It can all be done, and I trust Veach to do it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It seems to me that the 'blueprint to beat The Chiefs' has actually now been proven.

If you can get consistent pressure with 4 and cover with 7 you can give Mahomes fits.

If you can limit Hill and Kelce, and can score points yourself, you can beat The Chiefs.

There are two answers to the problem: a healthy and dangerous 'X' receiver to threaten defenses further.

Improved offensive line play. Not just from The Super Bowl, but overall, in general.

Additionally, we need another dynamic edge rusher to complement Jones and Clark.

Thats the formula to beat any Elite QB. You've gotta be able to protect vs 4.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Which is possible if we lose our entire offensive line.

Oh and you get aided by bullshit penalties.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:40 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bc God forbid we have a year like last year where we lose a shit ton of starters on the OL.

I’d bring this dude back on the PS and let him heal up. The guy was fucking awesome at LG last year. Even if he was 75% of that he’s still a huge bonus to have for a cheap deal.
So your plan to avoid having a ton of injuries on the OL this year is to feature an OL full of guys that are either coming off major surgeries or injury prone? Wut?

Fisher - surgery to fix achilles
Niang - surgery to fix hip labrum
LDT - injury prone the last 3 seasons before he opted out
Schwartz - surgery to fix his back

The absolute last thing this OL needs is to pencil in another dude that most likely won't make it through the season. Same goes with the draft. Fuck taking a prospect like Dickerson or Little. That'd be horrible.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:36 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Looks like he is working on right side technique. Not sure when this was filmed, and if it is relevant for next season, but interesting none the less.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:04 PM 02-27-2021
So your plan to avoid having a ton of injuries on the OL this year is to feature an OL full of guys that are either coming off major surgeries or injury prone? Wut?

Fisher - surgery to fix achilles
Niang - surgery to fix hip labrum
LDT - injury prone the last 3 seasons before he opted out
Schwartz - surgery to fix his back

The absolute last thing this OL needs is to pencil in another dude that most likely won't make it through the season. Same goes with the draft. **** taking a prospect like Dickerson or Little. That'd be horrible.
First of all, you’re being a gigantic pussy about surgery. Niang had surgery in the Fall of 2019. He should be fine. Schwartz’s surgery is confirmed to not be a long timeline to recover.

Osemele wouldn’t be penciled in as a starter in my scenario, he’d be depth on the PS in case we fucking lost tons of OL like last year and had no other options.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 319
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up