ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 1203
« First < 34567 89101117571075071007 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 07:57 PM 09-06-2015
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
We're at Table Rock. Going to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede (kids want to go). So, from what I understand, I'll be eating grilled chicken and potatoes with my hands while horse poop smells 20 feet away.
:-)
My son caught the chicken...
[Reply]
lewdog 08:15 PM 09-06-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Cochinita pibil on the Egg. Outdoor thermostat says 102 on the deck.

Now that FMB is gone it's time for you to take over this thread. You make some shit that looks awesome and names I can't even pronounce!
[Reply]
Buzz 08:31 PM 09-06-2015
I didn't look it up, does it go on a plate or a tortilla?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 09-06-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I think you eat the whole thing like a pizza. Then again, I'm white.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:43 AM 09-07-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That looks fucking glorious. Recipe?
This is the Robert Rodriguez (Once Upon A Time In Mexico) recipe.

• 5 pounds pork butt, cut into 2 inch cubes
• 5 tablespoons annato seeds
• 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon whole black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
• 8 whole allspice berries
• 2 habanero Peppers, fresh or dried, cleaned and minced (optional)
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup white vinegar
• 8 garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 5 lemons
• 1 shot of tequila
• banana leaves (optional)

Preparation Instructions

Grind the annato seeds, cumin seeds, whole peppercorns, whole cloves, and whole allspice in a mortar and pestle, molcajete y tejolote, spice grinder or coffe grinder.

Blend the cleaned and chopped habanero peppers with the orange juice, vinegar, garlic and salt.

Mix the dry spices with the liquid.

Add the juice of 5 lemons and a nice splash of tequila.

Place the cubed pork butt in a large zip lock bag and add the marinade. Soak 4-6 hours, in refrigerator, turning several times.

Line (8x13) baking pan with banana leaves. Pour in pork along with the marinade. Cover with Banana leaves and seal the pan with foil. Bake in a 325 F degree oven for 4 hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can use the cheater recipe like I did this time and use all those ingredients as a paste, like this:

Combined with this:

Also, I use my smoker at 275 instead of an oven, just to give it some smoke.
The annato seeds can be difficult to find locally but are used strictly for color and do not add any flavor. So while authentic, they aren't crucial to the flavor.
Banana leaves can be difficult to find, but any Mexican or Asian grocer should have them in their freezer section. Same with the annatto paste and the naranja agria (sour orange marinade).
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:48 AM 09-07-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
You can eat it however you want, it's basically Mexican style pulled pork. You can put in a tortilla, you can put it over rice, in a sandwich, over tortilla chips as nachos. Whatever you want.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 AM 09-07-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Now that FMB is gone it's time for you to take over this thread. You make some shit that looks awesome and names I can't even pronounce!
Shiiiiiiiiiiit. FMB has way more skills and puts in way more work cooking than I ever will. My wife is the amazing cook in our household, I just like to tinker with some things here and there.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:02 AM 09-07-2015
We have dualing tamale guys up here. A guy with a red cooler and a guy with a blue cooler that swing by bars that don't serve food and slang their tamales. Seeing one of them is comparable to seeing Jesus and people are super divided on which tamale guy serves up the best tamale. I've yet to see either, just heard of their legend.

I did spot a new tamale guy on the scene with a gray cooler outside a liquor store near my gym this morning. He sets up around 4 am to hit the early morning work crowd. Apparently, he doesn't recognize Labor Day as I was able to grab 3 queso, 3 pork tamales this morning. 6 tamales for $5.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:32 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit. FMB has way more skills and puts in way more work cooking than I ever will. My wife is the amazing cook in our household, I just like to tinker with some things here and there.
Yea I know most of us "tinker" with recipes that cause us to seek out banana leaves!

Tinker my ass!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:56 AM 09-21-2015
This thread has been going for more than two months and THIS is the 100th post. Almost two weeks since the last post.

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:25 PM 09-21-2015
Last night for my wife's birthday I took her to a Farm Table Dinner at Green Dirt Farms near Weston, MO. They feature local chefs who come and cook a one-night only dinner for 30 featuring all local ingredients, including lamb and sheepsmilk cheese and yogurt made by Green Dirt Farms.

Last night's chef was Howard Hanna of the Rieger Hotel. It was simply awesome.

Lamb carpaccio with seasonal veg and housemade corn polenta bread.

Seasonal vegetable frittata with Green Dirt Farms tallegio and bossa cheeses.

Lamb meatballs with polenta and veg. These were the best meatballs I've ever eaten.

Jasmine rice pudding made with Green Dirt Farms yogurt.

Each course was paired with a wine. If you ever have the $$ and a chance to do this, I'd recommend it. They hold a dozen or more throughout summer into fall each weekend. Tickets go on sale every Earth Day at 9AM, and sell out in minutes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 09-21-2015
Had a hot pocket and some ramen
[Reply]
lewdog 03:52 PM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This thread has been going for more than two months and THIS is the 100th post. Almost two weeks since the last post.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:56 PM 09-21-2015
Chinese-style braised short ribs over white rice.

[Reply]
scho63 03:57 PM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Last night for my wife's birthday I took her to a Farm Table Dinner at Green Dirt Farms near Weston, MO. They feature local chefs who come and cook a one-night only dinner for 30 featuring all local ingredients, including lamb and sheepsmilk cheese and yogurt made by Green Dirt Farms.

Last night's chef was Howard Hanna of the Rieger Hotel. It was simply awesome.

Lamb carpaccio with seasonal veg and housemade corn polenta bread.

Seasonal vegetable frittata with Green Dirt Farms tallegio and bossa cheeses.

Lamb meatballs with polenta and veg. These were the best meatballs I've ever eaten.

Jasmine rice pudding made with Green Dirt Farms yogurt.

Each course was paired with a wine. If you ever have the $$ and a chance to do this, I'd recommend it. They hold a dozen or more throughout summer into fall each weekend. Tickets go on sale every Earth Day at 9AM, and sell out in minutes.
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Had a hot pocket and some ramen
A slight drop off from post to post.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 1203
« First < 34567 89101117571075071007 > Last »
Up