ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 173
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Pushead2 05:45 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
My cajones are nothing to boast of these days, but I know what you meant! Early on after my diagnosis, I told the doctor that I could just put my 9mm to my head or swan dive off of the roof of a parking lot, but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."
Well said, sir. Thoughts and prayers your way.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:55 AM 04-15-2017
Ed, you are a true soldier of the Almighty.

Love ya' brother!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 04-15-2017
Lone is an inspiration to us all
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:39 AM 04-15-2017
My cajones are nothing to boast of these days, but I know what you meant! Early on after my diagnosis, I told the doctor that I could just put my 9mm to my head or swan dive off of the roof of a parking lot, but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."
Man...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:27 PM 04-15-2017
but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."
BOOM !!!! Amen Brother !!!

What a Spiritual Inspiration you are my brother ED !!!

1 Corinthians 15:55
55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

[Reply]
New World Order 04:58 PM 04-15-2017
Ed is truly a man of God, and I have no doubt God will continue to instill comfort and peace in Ed's final days.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:40 PM 04-15-2017
That's beautiful man. I hope my faith is that strong should I ever be challenged with something like what you are going through.

God bless you.
[Reply]
TLO 09:00 PM 04-15-2017
God bless you Ed. My thoughts are with you as you conclude your earthly journey. Say hi to my Grandpa Davis up there for me?

You are truly an inspiration to us all.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:47 PM 04-15-2017
You've inspired me to go to church tomorrow where I will say a prayer for your comfort. Rest easy Ed...
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:12 PM 04-15-2017
If I were God, I would welcome you with open arms and raise you up and tell all "His faith lifted him, he is a true warrior." Godspeed and God Bless. XOXO
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:00 PM 04-16-2017
What a special man. He brought life to the word. We are all better for him being here. He was a messenger of Gods blessings on all of us. Believers are stronger as a result.
[Reply]
ferrarispider95 09:40 PM 04-16-2017
I have posted in years, but have watched this thread as I have checked in on chiefsplanet from time to time. I just wanted to express what an inspiration you are to all of us.

Prayers heading your way.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:15 AM 04-17-2017

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:15 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:

That's a beautiful image.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:37 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That's a beautiful image.
It was taken at Pirate land campground during sunrise service..

[Reply]
Page 159 of 173
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Up