ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 207
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 02:50 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave:
I'll take the Four Roses Single Barrel over the Macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood 12 any day, regardless of price.
Good to hear! Cracking it this weekend for our anniversary.

Were you the one who talked about using lemon in whiskey? I started doing this since I love whiskey sours. The authentic whiskey sours, not the ones made with sweet and sour mix. I figured it was a waste to make even an authentic whiskey sour with mid-grade whiskey so if I had a nicer bottle, outside of my EW or Jim Bean, I'd try the juice of half a lemon in a glass neat with whiskey. I really seem to like it like this! I don't drink all my whiskey/bourbon like this when I have it neat, but sometimes it's a great change of pace, even if it's frowned upon by bourbon fanatics.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 03:10 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Good to hear! Cracking it this weekend for our anniversary.

Were you the one who talked about using lemon in whiskey? I started doing this since I love whiskey sours. The authentic whiskey sours, not the ones made with sweet and sour mix. I figured it was a waste to make even an authentic whiskey sour with mid-grade whiskey so if I had a nicer bottle, outside of my EW or Jim Bean, I'd try the juice of half a lemon in a glass neat with whiskey. I really seem to like it like this! I don't drink all my whiskey/bourbon like this when I have it neat, but sometimes it's a great change of pace, even if it's frowned upon by bourbon fanatics.
No, I am not a "fruit the drink" fan. :-)

I prefer most of my drams neat. I keep a fairly well stocked cabinet for when I want variety.

My personal favorites are the Laphroaig Scotches, with a big preference towards the 10 yr Cask Strength and the Triple Wood. Seriously, two of the finest Whiskeys ever bottled.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:32 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave:
I'll take the Four Roses Single Barrel over the Macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood 12 any day, regardless of price.
Yeah, but bourbon and scotch are kinda apples and oranges no?

I'm definitely a bourbon guy, but I tip my hat to Scotch, but I don't know much about it. Same with Irish whiskeys.

I would try any single barrel, to be sure. Even 4 Roses, just to try it. But my experience with the first bottle I tried was so off putting I wouldn't even have considered it until this post.

I'll give it a whirl.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:36 PM 07-12-2016
FTR, I think this is the one I had:

This is the small batch, but still blended. Just not my cup o tea...
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 03:51 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
FTR, I think this is the one I had:

This is the small batch, but still blended. Just not my cup o tea...
then youre just nuts. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:11 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
It all started drinking makers mark with a lemon wedge because it was just a flavor I got used to. I didn't like makers on its own. Then I started to try it with other bourbons and actually grew to like the lemon with anything on the rocks.
I found the post about putting a lemon in bourbon. I started doing this on my own at times and found I really like it as well. No idea how I came to try it but I definitely enjoy it.

Maybe it's a Montana thing!?
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 05:36 PM 07-12-2016
Four Roses is my favorite every day drinker. But so far my favorite overall is Balvenie 14. My gf does marketing and events planning for William & Grant, so I've become pretty spoiled with her unlimited supply of all the Balvenie's and Glenfiddich's of the world. Wellers 12 is money too.
[Reply]
shitgoose 05:44 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Four Roses is my favorite every day drinker. But so far my favorite overall is Balvenie 14. My gf does marketing and events planning for William & Grant, so I've become pretty spoiled with her unlimited supply of all the Balvenie's and Glenfiddich's of the world. Weller's 12 is money too.
Can't find it anymore now that it's the poor man's Pappy. I haven't seen a bottle on the shelf here in Wichita for over 2 years
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 05:57 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Can't find it anymore now that it's the poor man's Pappy. I haven't seen a bottle on the shelf here in Wichita for over 2 years
That's a shame. I'd say it's uncommon to see it laying around but every once in awhile you can grab one from a Specs here in Houston.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:16 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
My gf does marketing and events planning for William & Grant, so I've become pretty spoiled with her unlimited supply of all the Balvenie's and Glenfiddich's of the world.
Marry her.

NOW!
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:57 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Same here. The Weller's 7 year old is a a nice consolation however.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 AM 07-13-2016
Ready to drink this on the rocks someone teach me how to be a MAN
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 12:06 PM 07-13-2016
Huge fan of Four Roses

[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 12:12 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I found the post about putting a lemon in bourbon. I started doing this on my own at times and found I really like it as well. No idea how I came to try it but I definitely enjoy it.

Maybe it's a Montana thing!?
Definitely lol I don't do the lemon so much now. I've grown to seek out the candy like flavors I enjoy from bourbon. Marshmallows, brown sugar, maple, mint, and oak. Sometimes I'll add ice but lately I'll drink it neat.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:10 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Definitely lol I don't do the lemon so much now. I've grown to seek out the candy like flavors I enjoy from bourbon. Marshmallows, brown sugar, maple, mint, and oak. Sometimes I'll add ice but lately I'll drink it neat.
I tend to like those flavors as well. Got some good choices that fit that criteria under $50? Best of the cheaper bourbons?
[Reply]
Page 24 of 207
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up