ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Tom Hardy is the new 007
Mephistopheles Janx 10:12 AM 09-19-2020
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-daniel-craig/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:53 PM 09-19-2020
I’m sure Hardy will be a great bond, especially if he’s teamed with an A List director but man, Idris Elba would have been bad ass.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:22 PM 09-19-2020
I'm not sure I buy this. Every story about it is sourced back to something called "The Vulcan Reporter" which looks like a pretty basic wordpress blog that was started about a month ago. It could be true, I don't know, I just wouldn't take it as set in stone.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That was the big rumor, and to be honest I wouldn't have hated it

But Hardy will be excellent I'm sure
I pretty much watch whatever either one is in.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:26 AM 09-20-2020
I like Hardy, but he's too safe of a pick. I would have preferred the following:

George McKay

Tom Hiddleston

And I know he's not British but

Michael Fassbender

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 09-20-2020
Probably going to be something of a ‘transitional’ Bond with a shorter run.

Maybe 4 movies? Craig is great but if Hardy is your guy I wish he’d have just taken over after Skyfall. 43 just gives you too much ‘creepy guy at the bar’ potential like what happened with Moore.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:15 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Probably going to be something of a ‘transitional’ Bond with a shorter run.

Maybe 4 movies? Craig is great but if Hardy is your guy I wish he’d have just taken over after Skyfall. 43 just gives you too much ‘creepy guy at the bar’ potential like what happened with Moore.
Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson (Bond's longtime producers) serious lack of vision and poor decision making has basically backed them into a corner.

They were going to allow Craig to walk back after Spectre (a massive letdown, IMO), which would have been the perfect time to hire Hardy or Elba or someone else, which they floated, but ultimately persuaded Craig to return. Then, they had issues with the story, then the director and now COVID, so instead of a new Bond film in 2018 with a new actor in the role, it'll likely be 2021 before No Time To Die is released, with Craig an afterthought with the next movie nowhere in sight.

You'd think that people in positions of power, like Broccoli & Wilson (who also share the same father), would be far smarter and have a plan in place for such occurrences but often times, they're clueless.

Some people truly are born into positions of power, yet have no idea how to wield that power.
[Reply]
bowener 08:52 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson (Bond's longtime producers) serious lack of vision and poor decision making has basically backed them into a corner.

They were going to allow Craig to walk back after Spectre (a massive letdown, IMO), which would have been the perfect time to hire Hardy or Elba or someone else, which they floated, but ultimately persuaded Craig to return. Then, they had issues with the story, then the director and now COVID, so instead of a new Bond film in 2018 with a new actor in the role, it'll likely be 2021 before No Time To Die is released, with Craig an afterthought with the next movie nowhere in sight.

You'd think that people in positions of power, like Broccoli & Wilson (who also share the same father), would be far smarter and have a plan in place for such occurrences but often times, they're clueless.

Some people truly are born into positions of power, yet have no idea how to wield that power.
I'm surprised there isn't a long term plan for film releases in a similar fashion to MCU. I don't mean that they necessarily needed to be connected in plot, theme, or style, but maybe at least have an idea for a plot a few years in advance with some outlines written. Or maybe they do. Now that I am thinking about it, I am somewhat surprised they haven't turned Bond into a much larger film universe with at least 1 spinoff film. Bad shit in that universe has to occur at times when 007 is unavailable or out on some other mission.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:20 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm surprised there isn't a long term plan for film releases in a similar fashion to MCU. I don't mean that they necessarily needed to be connected in plot, theme, or style, but maybe at least have an idea for a plot a few years in advance with some outlines written. Or maybe they do. Now that I am thinking about it, I am somewhat surprised they haven't turned Bond into a much larger film universe with at least 1 spinoff film. Bad shit in that universe has to occur at times when 007 is unavailable or out on some other mission.
I believe EON has made every single Bond film (outside of the renegade procutions like Never Say Never Again). and they have never really shown too much interest in changing the Bond formula. I mean, they basically reboot themselves every 10 years or so when theres a new Bond actor. but thats about it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:48 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm surprised there isn't a long term plan for film releases in a similar fashion to MCU.
Kevin Feige is a unicorn
[Reply]
sully1983 10:32 AM 09-23-2020
Hardy is such a boss level actor so I'd be ok with this (if true).

I saw a film starring Hardy called Locke on Netflix and its literally just him driving around talking on his phone the entire time lol . There were no other actors in it either. Thought it was really good too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:03 AM 09-23-2020
Kevin Feige is a unicorn
There was a time (maybe after the first avengers) that you were pretty meh on Marvel. It worries me because I was beating off furiously about it.

Glad you came around. At least to some degree.

Can’t agree more that Feige has accomplished something just damn impossible. I’m a business dork. I am weirdly interested in how people in business navigate shit. I love profit drivers, efficiency, revenue structures, Tax strategies, all that incredibly boring shit. So I’ve spent a fair amount of time trying to figure how it could be reproducible. And it’s just not there. I mean I understand I don’t know a ton about the industry, but there are SO MANY places to trip up, so many people that could derail it. But he manages to hold it together. There are arguments to be made that some of the movies aren’t great. But none of them are bad. None of them are unwatchable that derail the process.

Really good stuff here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
There was a time (maybe after the first avengers) that you were pretty meh on Marvel. It worries me because I was beating off furiously about it.

Can’t agree more that Feige has accomplished something just damn impossible. I’m a business dork. I am weirdly interested in how people in business navigate shit. I love profit drivers, efficiency, revenue structures, Tax strategies, all that incredibly boring shit. So I’ve spent a fair amount of time trying to figure how it could be reproducible. And it’s just not there. I mean I understand I don’t know a ton about the industry, but there are SO MANY places to trip up, so many people that could derail it. But he manages to hold it together. There are arguments to be made that some of the movies aren’t great. But none of them are bad. None of them are unwatchable that derail the process.

Really good stuff here.
{cough}Ironman 3{coughcough}
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:44 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I'm still not a fan of Joss Whedon's work and in my opinion, it pales in comparison to the work of Jon Favreau, James Gunn, Taika Waititi and especially the Russo Brothers.

While Justice League is being reshot, re-edited and re-scored, all of which will all but wipe out Joss Whedon's version of Justice League, it's a damn shame that the same can't be done for The Avengers and Age of Ultron.

Had the Russo's or any of the others I mentioned helmed those films, it's all but guaranteed they'd be lightyears better than what Whedon oversaw.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:46 AM 09-23-2020
I'm still not a fan of Joss Whedon's work and in my opinion, it pales in comparison to the work of Jon Favreau, James Gunn, Taika Waititi and especially the Russo Brothers.

While Justice League is being reshot, re-edited and re-scored, all of which will all but wipe out Joss Whedon's version of Justice League, it's a damn shame that the same can't be done for The Avengers and Age of Ultron.

Had the Russo's or any of the others I mentioned helmed those films, it's all but guaranteed they'd be lightyears better than what Whedon oversaw.
Heh. You’ve anyway disliked Whedon.

I’ll say this, I think he’s a better writer than a director.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{cough}Ironman 3{coughcough}
I guess we're in the minority but my kids and I really enjoyed Iron Man 3. I also thought it was a really nice touch to have Harley at Tony Stark's funeral.

That said, I have a far greater appreciation for all of the MCU films after watching all 23 in chronological order this past summer.

I enjoyed it so much that I watched them in order twice, then went back and watched them in order by character.

How Feige was able to draw a straight line through 23 consecutive movies is a feat that will never be matched, at least not in my lifetime.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up