ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 173
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:32 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Also, I walk down the hall and back. If my feet are numb and tingly, I'd walk funny or stumble or even fall. I told them I used to be a martial artist and assistant instructor, so it's hard for me to fall down on accident. I shift my weight instinctively and don't fall. That isn't to say I've nearly fallen, though. I just walk slower when my feet feel all tingly and like there are needles in them.
It happens to me whenever I sit on the crapper too long. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:34 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
It happens to me whenever I sit on the crapper too long. :-)
Do you turn on the fan? It could be the methane!
[Reply]
Hootie 12:39 AM 02-19-2015
great news, Ed! Have the time of your life!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:43 AM 02-19-2015
Do you turn on the fan? It could be the methane!
:-). I tend to luxuriate during my ablutions. The fart fan's no help.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:04 AM 02-19-2015
I get the pump removed in about 2 and a half hours. I am happy! They always say, "Ok, I'll count down from 3 and pull the needle out." Count shmount, just do it. I LOVE it when the needle comes out. It's the going in part I have the issues with! So one more time of washing my hair in the sink and then I can shower for the next 12 days until this stuff starts all over again.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:40 AM 02-20-2015
Ugh! Chemo heartburn woke me up rudely at 5:30 am. I am going to try a glass of warmed skim milk with a bit of honey and cinnamon in it. I drank over half a gallon of water and juice yesterday but still feel parched.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:36 AM 02-20-2015
Wow man. I don't envy the chemo. Hopefully there is no damage because your big ass is going to be around for a good long time.
[Reply]
Earthling 10:06 AM 02-20-2015
:-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:29 AM 02-20-2015
The warm milk did the trick! I got back to sleep and now I am up and ready for a big breakfast to fuel my inner Viking as he crushes my enemy within. He must be chopping away at those tumors because I am gassy as a rhino.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:32 AM 02-20-2015
Nice Ed, keep on kicking ass.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:33 AM 02-20-2015
The warm milk did the trick! I got back to sleep and now I am up and ready for a big breakfast to fuel my inner Viking as he crushes my enemy within. He must be chopping away at those tumors because I am gassy as a rhino.
:-) sounds like your inner Eric the Red enjoyed that milk.
[Reply]
Braincase 10:43 AM 02-20-2015
I hope you can post good news threads for years to come.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 11:38 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Braincase:
I hope you can post good news threads for years to come.
Ditto this!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:50 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) sounds like your inner Eric the Red enjoyed that milk.
Actually, I read about it and gas is a side effect of the oxaliplatin. As long as it is DRY gas, it is about the only side effect I look forward to!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:51 AM 02-20-2015
Good shit Ed! Keep going buddy
[Reply]
Page 7 of 173
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up