ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>The New Mutants - Movie
Simply Red 11:07 AM 09-05-2020
Hey Guys,

Anyone else see this yet? I liked it better than the reviews. It was neat seeing some of the comic characters and all-around lesser known characters come to MCU.

Magik was awesome. Unfortunately the way the comic universe played out - I don't think this will have any continuations.

But yes I enjoyed it! 6.4 out of 10
[Reply]
JD10367 06:32 PM 09-07-2020
It was more of a low-budget slow-developing suspense-horror film. Anyone going expecting a superhero or "X-Men" film would be sorely disappointend. And I think the lack of star power will hurt it at the box office. But I liked it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:06 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
It was more of a low-budget slow-developing suspense-horror film. Anyone going expecting a superhero or "X-Men" film would be sorely disappointend. And I think the lack of star power will hurt it at the box office. But I liked it.
I agree but if you're a comics fan, than you may find it refreshing you're seeing some under the radar characters that you've read of.
[Reply]
Frosty 06:09 PM 09-24-2020
I was buying the New Mutants comics back when they first came out and was a pretty big fan so I was pumped when this was announced. And then they kept advertising and pushing it back over the last three years. Plus I heard they reshot a bunch of it. And then finally released it during a pandemic when it was guaranteed to fail so I am not super excited to see it now (plus no Warlock). I'll probably catch it at some point but no rush.
[Reply]
Up