ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
vailpass 03:28 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I honestly pray that the next time you commit a misdemeanor your children are taken away and you never see them again. Go ahead and jaywalk.
:-)
[Reply]
tooge 03:38 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I never seen it so you are right, I guess? But that is how it was portrayed. Whatever. R.I.P. to him. The main point of my post was I don't watch CNN. And now that he is dead I am sure CNN will continue to air his shows (reruns) for years. Maybe if I'm at the airport waiting for my delayed flight to leave I'll get to check it out sometime.
You never SEEN it? Cool. "I haven't ever seen it" you rube.

Now, Bourdain was a real wordsmith. He was an acclaimed chef that had a way of telling stories about food, people, culture, history, you name it. You should watch it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:46 PM 06-18-2018
Which direction do I turn the picture box knob from Hee Haw to find it?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:49 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Which direction do I turn the picture box knob from Hee Haw to find it?
Just keep spinning it until you see the news desk full of gay anchors.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:53 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I thought The 700 Club was on the same channel.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:11 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Too bad. Ya kind of missed something awesome actually. Anthony was, simply put, an awesome man. I hope Kamau Bell can fill his shoes in the "United Shades of America", but that's TBD..

But CNN or not, Parts Unknown was an awesome show, and Anthony made it awesome.
The episodes in Iran, Libya and Lebanon were amazing. He'd also go to places that were just known for food like Brooklyn, New Orleans, Kansas City, etc. but the episodes in unstable foreign countries were great.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:41 PM 06-18-2018
Now, he's only going to be known for 1 story.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:04 PM 06-18-2018
How is your life any better from watching this guys show? Just some guy traveling the world eating food. I think I will be just fine. But will you? GO CHIEFS!!

I watch what I want to watch, without an orange combover guy influencing my choices. I'll be just fine.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:10 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:

[Reply]
vailpass 07:17 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:42 PM 06-18-2018
How is your life any better from watching this guys show? Just some guy traveling the world eating food. I think I will be just fine. But will you? GO CHIEFS!!
It wasn't some canned travel show where he ate food and acted like a tourist. Drinking & eating were wrapped into an experience. Bourdain studied up on the history and the culture, and really learned about the people and the experience. Hell, he did one segment at a Denny's. I've traveled several places because of Bourdain. The places I haven't traveled to, watch one episode and you feel like you've been there. That's a pretty good reason to watch the guy's show.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:14 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It wasn't some canned travel show where he ate food and acted like a tourist. Drinking & eating were wrapped into an experience. Bourdain studied up on the history and the culture, and really learned about the people and the experience. Hell, he did one segment at a Denny's. I've traveled several places because of Bourdain. The places I haven't traveled to, watch one episode and you feel like you've been there. That's a pretty good reason to watch the guy's show.
He did an episode at a Waffle House as well in the traditional way: wasted and at about 2 am.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:00 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

I watch what I want to watch, without an orange combover guy influencing my choices. I'll be just fine.
CLICK CLICK BOOM!:-) The Limp Bizkit song WALKING AWAY sums it up - "Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park" - "Enjoy the ride" - Anthony Bourdain
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:51 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
You never SEEN it? Cool. "I haven't ever seen it" you rube.

Now, Bourdain was a real wordsmith. He was an acclaimed chef that had a way of telling stories about food, people, culture, history, you name it. You should watch it.
Thank ye for correcting me grammar. I ain't no Anthony Bourdain. I'm just a country bumpkin that never seen his show. I just might you rube it to see what all this fuss is about. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:10 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
He did an episode at a Waffle House as well in the traditional way: wasted and at about 2 am.
:-)- that is awesome!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up