ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whataburger expanding into the KC area
chinaski 05:57 PM 08-07-2020
Saw on Twitter. No bullshit. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:09 AM 08-08-2020
KC needs to decide that its big enough to stop getting excited about new fastfood chains.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:10 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
:-)

If you consider Whataburger a luxury, you need to travel the country a little more son.
I've never had it, but if its our Savior's favorite burger joint it's a luxury you pompous ass.
[Reply]
eDave 06:28 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
KC needs to decide that its big enough to stop getting excited about new fastfood chains.
I was in HS in Atchison when they got their first McDonald's. That town went nuts.
[Reply]
scho63 07:05 AM 08-08-2020
Red Robin - good burgers and big variety along with great steak fries, nice and crispy.

Culvers - excellent butter burger and their crinkle cut fries are fantastic and crispy as well as their shakes

Wendy's - still the best out of the Big 3 in terms of flavor and size. Their buns are the best but their fries still suck most times

Whataburger - pretty good but I find their buns too dry and big for their burgers. Fries are just OK. Decent shakes

Shake Shack - pretty good as well

Smashburger - very good and had two original the other night during my dinner break along with a Sam Adams, no fries.

Johnny Rockets - excellent burgers and shakes but sometimes they can be a little too greasy

Fuddruckers - probably some of the BEST burgers you will ever have but just never took off with poor marketing. I think people didn't like to wait 10 minutes for a burger that was supposed to be fast food. I love their burgers.

Five Guys - I would go to their original location in Alexandria and their burgers are real good but their fries are WAY overrated

In and Out- good burgers but the WORST fries of everyone. Bland sticks of nothing.

Steak n Shake - hit or miss but not bad burgers and a few more items than just burgers

Never did Freddy's but there is one in Tempe just down the block from Amazon that I will try on my dinner break one of these evenings.

Carl's, Jack in the Box, Sonic - All about the same. Good when you're drunk

White Castle - The Taco Bell of Burger's. Your ass knows why....

Burger King - One small step above McDonald's in flavor. Not much else going for it

McDonald's - The winner of the shittiest, greasiest, saltiest, smallest burger-to-bun ratio of all.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:24 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
In n Out is nothing special. It's consistently cooked well and above average and uses good ingredients but it won't blow you away and the fries are pretty worthless.

However, calling it trash is way overkill
Agreed. It's probably over-hyped for sure. People are expecting some kind of Burger Epiphany, and they are disappointed on their first try...they are missing the point. In-N-Out is fresh and consistent, the restaurants are clean and the food is pretty solid.

If you don't go in with any ridiculous expectations, you won't be disappointed.

As a SOCAL transplant from KC, It took me awhile to "get it", now it's pretty much the only fast food I eat. If you can even consider it fast food. They are pretty slow. Oh, and I LOVE the fries. Acquired taste maybe.

Five Guys is disgusting, way too greasy. Gross.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:27 AM 08-08-2020
Much like Braums, I dont get people's fascination with Freddy's either. Their burgers are decent but Culver's are a lot better imo.

I keep hearing great things about Shake Shack but we don't have any down here and when I make a trip to KC 2-3 times/year I cant get fast food when I'm close to Joe's/Q39.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:33 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Whataburger would be insane not to build a bunch of stores in KC with Mahomes.

Look for the Habit to show up - best casual dining burger I've had. Well maybe except Shake Shack. They're close.

To give you an idea what kind of burger I like: Town Topic triple is the best. I miss Wylie's. Chubby's burger was amazing back in the day

Note: I've never had Whataburger.
The Habit Burger is the best fast or fast casual burger I've ever had.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:34 AM 08-08-2020
Red Robin - good burgers and big variety along with great steak fries, nice and crispy.

Culvers - excellent butter burger and their crinkle cut fries are fantastic and crispy as well as their shakes

Wendy's - still the best out of the Big 3 in terms of flavor and size. Their buns are the best but their fries still suck most times

Whataburger - pretty good but I find their buns too dry and big for their burgers. Fries are just OK. Decent shakes

Shake Shake - pretty good as well

Smashburger - very good and had two original the other night during my dinner break along with a Sam Adams, no fries.

Johnny Rockets - excellent burgers and shakes but sometimes they can be a little too greasy

Fuddruckers - probably some of the BEST burgers you will ever have but just never took off with poor marketing. I think people didn't like to wait 10 minutes for a burger that was supposed to be fast food. I love their burgers.

Five Guys - I would go to their original location in Alexandria and their burgers are real good but their fries are WAY overrated

In and Out- good burgers but the WORST fries of everyone. Bland sticks of nothing.

Steak n Shake - hit or miss but not bad burgers and a few more items than just burgers

Never did Freddy's but there is one in Tempe just down the block from Amazon that I will try on my dinner break one of these evenings.

Burger King - One small step above McDonald's in flavor. Not much else going for it

McDonald's - The winner of the shittiest, greasiest, saltiest, smallest burger-to-bun ratio of all.
Make a trip today to Habit Burger today. It will make your day.

https://www.habitburger.com/
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:38 AM 08-08-2020

With you on Fuddruckers. It’s worth the wait to get a good sized patty and load it up with onions, jalapeños and pickles at the condiment bar.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:59 AM 08-08-2020
Look at competition.

Is whataburger fast food or more?

Could it make it AFTER cv19?

Never have been to a whataburger.

BTW-we have wahlburgers here now.....meh...But do have a dedicated fryer for fries and tots. Good for my kid.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:02 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was in HS in Atchison when they got their first McDonald's. That town went nuts.
You grew up in Atchison? Good God, I'm sorry.
[Reply]
burt 08:28 AM 08-08-2020
Burgers are subjective. Like Bar b que. Personally, I love Freddy's but hate their fries. As a kid, I loved White Castle, but now, they give me gas. Bad gas. Last few times I ate at Steak and Shake, I got sick. All that said, If 15 likes Whataburger, I want him to have it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:31 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
What is it you like about Braums? Honest question, we've had many in Springfield for more than a decade and I've never had anything from there I'd consider above average for fast food. Their crinkle-cut fries are okay...I guess.
I've never had Braums fast food but I'll occasionally stop by their small market for milk or ice cream, usually pretty good.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:40 AM 08-08-2020

Originally Posted by lewdog:
The Habit Burger is the best fast or fast casual burger I've ever had.
This is why I'll never understand why I see so many people land at LAX or in San Diego, etc; and go straight to In N Out.

In N Out burgers aren't bad (of course, just smother everything in sauce!), but unless you're down to your last $7 and/or aren't able to wait a few extra minutes for The Habit or Smashburger, etc.... there are so many better burgers and you'll get far far far better sides.

It is kind of like comparing Taco Bell with Chipotle... yet, WTF would you ever go to Taco Bell?
[Reply]
redshirt32 09:24 AM 08-08-2020
You can get better food from a trashcan, five guys or bust here.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up