ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM 07-31-2020
Well the Cards bats apparently have AIDS so this isn't a surprise.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Rumor has it these idiots were at Whistling Straits yesterday on their off day instead of at the hotel...
Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a fucking golf course? :-)
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:57 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a ****ing golf course? :-)
We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:59 AM 07-31-2020
This makes football less likely?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:01 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses
Obviously, and for certain the main complainers arent staying in their own houses.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:01 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.
[Reply]
tk13 09:04 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I don't know about less likely but they certainly need to be thinking about their plans. Their advantage is it's only one game a week, but teams are going to be dragging twice as many guys around the country and like MLB there's no bubble.
[Reply]
wazu 09:04 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.
Stop being such a negative Nancy.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:06 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Stop being such a negative Nancy.
Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:15 AM 07-31-2020
I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:20 AM 07-31-2020
You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.
[Reply]
tk13 09:20 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?
It's probably a good idea. The biggest issue is if a team on the east coast has to play in LA or Seattle, you're talking hours of flying then jumping off a plane and playing a game. Going to be tough. They might have to change the schedule around a bit to make that idea work.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:20 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.
While, true, I also think it can help them.

Baseball teams can be in multiple cities every week. The Cubs and Reds sat around a club house for 8 hrs yesterday waiting out weather. Not smart.

I really think baseball needed to do regional bubbles or something. I know that's really difficult, but all this travel is going to undermine MLB.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:21 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.
You know this based off of what?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:23 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You know this based off of what?
The players choices on teams with multiple covid positive tests.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up