ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
Steron 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
DJJasonp thought this might be a good topic for a thread. I listed these in the First Concert thread. Figured it might be easier to break them out of the other thread. I'm sure there are more that I will come up with later.

In no order:
Van Halen with David Lee Roth
Journey
Motley Crue
Guns N' Roses
Kid Rock
Ozzy
White Zombie
Bengals
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I would have liked to see The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees in the early 80s when they were in their full goth mode. I did try to see Siouxsie in the later 80s but she was sick and the show was cancelled. I have also seen The Cure but it was in the early 90s on the Wish tour.

Zeppelin, especially around the Houses of the Holy release. I was 10, though.

I would have loved to see Rainbow with Dio. I saw Dio on the tour for his first solo album and I saw him with Black Sabbath (Mob Rules tour) and i saw Rainbow with Joe Lynn Turner (was even a really good show) but I never got to see Dio with Rainbow.

I would have liked to see Ozzy with Randy Rhodes. I have seen Ozzy a couple of times but the first was Bark at the Moon, so after Randy died. I would have liked to see Ozzy with Sabbath but I would have been way too young.

Don't laugh but I wish I had seen Neil Diamond in his prime. I have heard from multiple people that his shows were a lot of fun.

Another would be Emmylou Harris when she had the Hot Band.

Pink Floyd on the Animals or Wall tour.

I've seen most of my other top bands. The only other one I never got a chance was Thin White Rope. I think they would have been fun to see but I never saw a chance to see them (lived in the Portland area at the time).
Yes, I’m jealous.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:41 PM 07-30-2020
Led Zepplin
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:58 PM 07-30-2020
I'm 23 so basically any classic rock act stopped touring before my time. If I had to go back and see one band in their prime it would be Led Zeppelin.

As for a band that I actually could have seen and didn't? Definitely would be Rush. Didn't get into them until it was too late. Never gonna get the chance now with Neil's death.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:05 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm 23 so basically any classic rock act stopped touring before my time. If I had to go back and see one band in their prime it would be Led Zeppelin.

As for a band that I actually could have seen and didn't? Definitely would be Rush. Didn't get into them until it was too late. Never gonna get the chance now with Neil's death.
I saw them back in '96 or '97. They did 2112 in its entirety. Excellent show.
[Reply]
backinblack 06:19 AM 07-31-2020
Boston came through Boise(now that sounds weird) a couple of years before Delp passed and while I thought about going, I ultimately didn't. After he passed I wished so hard that I had gone.

Stuff like Zeppelin I'm way too young to have even entertained the thought of seeing them(though those rumors of a reunion tour back in like 2006-2007, boy was I scraping together money just in case), my dad had tickets for their 1980 tour they were supposed to embark on though. Sure would've loved to have been alive for Ronnie Van Zant led Skynyrd too.
[Reply]
Steron 06:21 AM 07-31-2020
I need to add Tom Petty and Queen (Freddie Mercury) to my list. I didn't appreciate Queen until way after Freddie died. I am realizing that I should have seen more concerts when I was young.
[Reply]
backinblack 06:27 AM 07-31-2020
Probably should've seen Bob Seger a couple years back on his retirement tour, I just didn't want to pony up the $120+ for nosebleed tickets.

Was gonna see Doobie Brothers on their 50th Anniversary tour but now that's off, thanks Covid.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:13 AM 07-31-2020
I've been a fan of Deftones for a long time, and every time they come to town I tell myself "I'll see them next time."

One of these days they will be done, and I may regret not going.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:38 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I've been a fan of Deftones for a long time, and every time they come to town I tell myself "I'll see them next time."

One of these days they will be done, and I may regret not going.
Not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I saw them at Liberty Hall in ‘97 and it was a great show!
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:57 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I would have liked to see The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees in the early 80s when they were in their full goth mode. I did try to see Siouxsie in the later 80s but she was sick and the show was cancelled. I have also seen The Cure but it was in the early 90s on the Wish tour.
The Cure - regardless of year - put on a helluva show. typically 2-3 hours and they plow through their catalog, and they sound perfect live.

Saw Siouxsie at the first Lollapalooza at Sandstone - put on a pretty good show (though Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction overshadowed her by quite a bit).
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:11 AM 07-31-2020
Temple of the Dog
[Reply]
Stryker 10:25 AM 07-31-2020
Pink Floyd
Dio (saw with Black Sabbath)
Scorpions
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:19 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Tom Petty
Stone Temple Pilots (Weiland)
Cornell
Turnpike Troubadours
You didn’t see Turnpike? I thought I remember you making plans to do it.

They were really good man. Not in a rock your face off kind of way, but good in the way that the studio sound didn’t fall apart live. What I took from that is how goddamned good of instrumentalists they were. Despite the booze.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:05 PM 07-31-2020
Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin Queen to name some but those aren't really regrets... not being born early enough
[Reply]
lewdog 06:32 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You didn’t see Turnpike? I thought I remember you making plans to do it.

They were really good man. Not in a rock your face off kind of way, but good in the way that the studio sound didn’t fall apart live. What I took from that is how goddamned good of instrumentalists they were. Despite the booze.
Never did. I begged them on their Facebook page to come to AZ. They ignored me!

I've gone to plenty of rock concerts and just as many country concerts. It's a different feel but the country guys really have to keep a clean sound for it to be worth it. Most of them seem to manage this quite well.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up