ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
Steron 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
DJJasonp thought this might be a good topic for a thread. I listed these in the First Concert thread. Figured it might be easier to break them out of the other thread. I'm sure there are more that I will come up with later.

In no order:
Van Halen with David Lee Roth
Journey
Motley Crue
Guns N' Roses
Kid Rock
Ozzy
White Zombie
Bengals
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:56 PM 07-30-2020
The Who
Johnny Cash
Head East- early version
Muddy Waters

The one band I want to see that I have not yet but hopefully will- Alabama 3. They are from Brixton, London and sound like they are from, well Alabama. Did the song played on the intro of the Sopranos.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:29 PM 07-30-2020
Pink Floyd
[Reply]
srvy 04:38 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
The Who
Johnny Cash
Head East- early version
Muddy Waters

The one band I want to see that I have not yet but hopefully will- Alabama 3. They are from Brixton, London and sound like they are from, well Alabama. Did the song played on the intro of the Sopranos.
I saw the early version of Head East when they were an opening act. Trust me you didn't miss a thing.
[Reply]
eDave 04:44 PM 07-30-2020
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd - Though I've seen Roger Waters twice, third is post poned.
Sasha
EDIT: Prince
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:51 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd - Though I've seen Roger Waters twice, third is post poned.
Sasha
Yeah, I saw Roger Waters do The Wall, it was fantastic, but I really want to see Gilmour.

Probably the last group on my bucket list is King Crimson, and I had tickets for a June concert, but the virus scuttled that. Hopefully they’ll be back in 2021.
[Reply]
eDave 05:32 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Yeah, I saw Roger Waters do The Wall, it was fantastic, but I really want to see Gilmour.

Probably the last group on my bucket list is King Crimson, and I had tickets for a June concert, but the virus scuttled that. Hopefully they’ll be back in 2021.
If Nick Mason tours again, go see it. Smoke weed.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:52 PM 07-30-2020
Bowie and Queen
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:09 PM 07-30-2020
Soundgarden - Had tickets for the tour Cornell committed suicide on.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:12 PM 07-30-2020
Iron Maiden in 1986. Dad wouldn't let me go. Finally was able to see them in 2000...not the same.

Pink Floyd
Michael Jackson (yeah, weird, but I would have liked to see him perform live)
Prince (same as above)
Queen
The Who
Led Frickin' Zeppelin
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:29 PM 07-30-2020
He died before I would be old enough to see him but if I was:

James Brown
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:43 PM 07-30-2020
I like a lot of styles of music, and as I mentioned in the other thread, Prince would be near the top.

I saw Van Halen 51/50, and just missed out on DLR. Matter of fact, I had tickets to see DLR in Vegas back in March, and COVID hit 2 weeks prior, and everything got cancelled (I know he's pretty awful live, but for nostalgia reasons!).

Flame away, but I think one of the best voices of the past 40 years is George Michael - I passed up on an opportunity to see him live, and now regret that I didnt pull the trigger.

Though I saw Boston 3-4 years ago, it's not quite the same without Brad Delp.

Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis would have been cool as hell to see as well.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:06 PM 07-30-2020
Pink Floyd is definitely the big one.

I was 17 in ‘94 during the Division Bell tour. Wrecked my mother’s car the night before tickets went on sale. In ‘06 I wanted to go to David’s solo tour but my girlfriend at the time got sick, like paralyzed sick, so that didn’t happen. Then I had 10th row tickets to see David in Chicago in 2016, but 2 weeks after I bought them we found out that my wife was pregnant and my daughter was due the same week as the show.

I’ve never had any desire to see Roger. He’s way too big of a cunt.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:11 PM 07-30-2020
Best concert - Billy Squire opening for Queen

I've seen Neil Young several times but I was kicking myself when I was a day late to see him play impromptu at a small Palo Alto bar. Damn.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:58 PM 07-30-2020
This is an easy one:

Queen with Freddie Mercury. Although I have seen Freddie's doppelganger, Marc Martel, in concert, and it was pretty damned close.

Boston with Delp. No interest in seeing them now. I've seen a couple of recent concert videos and they were pretty bad. Two guys trying to replace him; one doing regular stuff, one trying to hit high notes, both failing badly.

Journey with Perry. Yeah, I know the new guy sounds like Perry, but it's just not the same.

Pink Floyd. I feel the same way about Waters as Third Eye.

Queensryche

I would have liked to see Van Halen with Roth, but I did see them with Hagar, and it was still a great show.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up