ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Which streaming services or apps do you subscribe to?
Deberg_1990 03:25 PM 05-02-2020
Its getting hard to keep up now....

Peacock and HBOMax soon!

Netflix
HBO Go
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Disney+
CBS All Access
Sling TV
Fubo TV
Crackle
Pluto TV
Quibi

and about a million more.....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:41 AM 07-15-2020
Peacock just dropped today.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:18 AM 07-15-2020
I pay for Amazon Prime and that is the only service. No cable TV, no Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service that exists.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:21 AM 07-15-2020
We get peacock free for being a comcast customer

Hulu free from Sprint

Prime free because my wife ordered a llama from Amazon

Pay for Disney+
Pay for Netflix
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:25 AM 07-15-2020
I upgraded my Disney+ package to Ad-Free Hulu last week but it was a pain in the ass.

There isn't a simple button or upgrade path available, which doesn't make any sense, so I had to call Disney+, hold for 30 minutes and finally speak to an agent.

I was told that I needed to cancel my account before I could upgrade to Ad-Free Hulu, so I did as the customer service rep instructed. From there, I had the choice of either waiting until their full billing month ended or pay the full $18.99 and start the new service.

By that time, I was nearly an hour into it so I decided that I didn't care that I had 2 weeks left on the original bundle and just started service that day. My main complaint about Hulu is the layout, which IMO, is weak. Disney+ has improved since its launch back in November but their menu pales next to Netflix, IMO.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:53 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
We get peacock free for being a comcast customer

Hulu free from Sprint

Prime free because my wife ordered a llama from Amazon

Pay for Disney+
Pay for Netflix
Looks like Starter tier of Peacock is free with ads. Just signed up at lunch. It’s not bad. Tons of old shows.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:43 PM 07-15-2020
me and my younger sister, go halfers for Netlfix/Hulu/ESPN/Disney. Also have prime video, but i pay that all on my own, cause i use prime alot. lol
[Reply]
Otter 06:09 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I pay for Amazon Prime and that is the only service. No cable TV, no Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service that exists.
Same here.

I may purchase a month of Netflix here and there when there's a series I want to watch but it's pretty much internet, HD antenna and streaming Chiefs games.

I'm really not impressed enough with the content available to further indulge.
[Reply]
eDave 10:44 AM 07-18-2020
I signed up for Apple TV for Greyhound. That service ain't got shit. Cancelled after my second viewing of the film, for which I have mixed reviews.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:07 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I signed up for Apple TV for Greyhound. That service ain't got shit. Cancelled after my second viewing of the film, for which I have mixed reviews.
HBO Max is lame, too, unless you're into Looney Toons and some other children's offerings (which my little one enjoys).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with HBO Max, Amazon and Roku at the end of the month because the HBO Go and HBO Now apps will be removed from both services. 80% of their subscribers base accesses HBO using those devices and without them, they'll likely see a massive wave of people unsubscribing.

I have no idea why any CEO would want to play a game of Chicken with their customer base but then again, it is AT&T we're talking about...
[Reply]
eDave 01:13 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO Max is lame, too, unless you're into Looney Toons and some other children's offerings (which my little one enjoys).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with HBO Max, Amazon and Roku at the end of the month because the HBO Go and HBO Now apps will be removed from both services. 80% of their subscribers base accesses HBO using those devices and without them, they'll likely see a massive wave of people unsubscribing.

I have no idea why any CEO would want to play a game of Chicken with their customer base but then again, it is AT&T we're talking about...
Yea, I griped about Max earlier. Hell most just seem like overlap anymore. I have On Demand as part of Cox and everything free there is also on Netflix. My standard cable bill is at $227 for pretty basic. It's ridiculous.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:19 PM 07-18-2020
Yea, I griped about Max earlier. Hell most just seem like overlap anymore. I have On Demand as part of Cox and everything free there is also on Netflix. My standard cable bill is at $227 for pretty basic. It's ridiculous.
I switched to Spectrum Choice last month and it's freaking awesome. All local channels plus 10 channels of my choice (NFL Network, ESPN 1&2, Discovery, History, Food Network, Bravo, etc.) HBO Max, Starz!, Showtime and a Cloud DVR for $50.98 a month.

I use my Spectrum Credentials to log into all of the apps but it also includes the Spectrum TV app, so I can watch Live TV and record upcoming programs.

I highly recommend if it's available in your area.
[Reply]
eDave 02:02 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I switched to Spectrum Choice last month and it's freaking awesome. All local channels plus 10 channels of my choice (NFL Network, ESPN 1&2, Discovery, History, Food Network, Bravo, etc.) HBO Max, Starz!, Showtime and a Cloud DVR for $50.98 a month.

I use my Spectrum Credentials to log into all of the apps but it also includes the Spectrum TV app, so I can watch Live TV and record upcoming programs.

I highly recommend if it's available in your area.
It's not. And I don't want a dish fucking up my curb appeal. Probably time to give them a cancellation call again for that magical new lower rate that will automatically increase in a year.

Losing my patience with TV. $227 isn't a lot of money, but it is for TV.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 07-18-2020
It's not. And I don't want a dish fucking up my curb appeal. Probably time to give them a cancellation call again for that magical new lower rate that will automatically increase in a year.

Losing my patience with TV. $227 isn't a lot of money, but it is for TV.
That sucks, man. My best friend in North County San Diego has had Spectrum Choice since late 2018 but it was just made available here in May 2020.

Hopefully, it'll be over your way soon.

Have you tried AT&T Choice? It's $64.99 with HBO Max included.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:35 AM 07-20-2020
Comcast gave me a flex box and all that so I have peacock for free, it's ok.

Right now we have...

Netflix
Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle
WWE network
CBS all access
Prime

Prime is worth it to me because of how often we shop that way. Personally I probably wouldn't sub to any of the other stuff if it wasn't for the wife and kids. I know how to use Kodi and can watch most anything that way but trying to explain it to my kids or even my wife is tedious at best.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:21 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Hulu free from Sprint
Explain? How do you get Hulu free from Sprint?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up