Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:33 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

I voted for Montana, but PMII is the future
This. Patrick is the new era of football kids are going grow up to model their game after him.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:49 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Why would a Patriots fan start this thread on a chiefs message board? Get a load of this homosexuality.
Most of his behavior can be explained by the Latin phrase "cuns gratia cuntis."
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:51 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Bernard Pollard
Agreed.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 01:31 PM 08-17-2019
Montana because he did the most first by his own hand.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:42 PM 08-17-2019
Definitely Brady. Guy has got the stats and the wins to back it up. You'd have to be an idiot or a hater to choose anyone else...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:49 PM 08-17-2019
The point of this thread? So much self worth tied to that joke of an organization. Never seen anything like it...
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:58 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Definitely Brady. Guy has got the stats and the wins to back it up. You'd have to be an idiot or a hater to choose anyone else...
Meh..none of the others have multiple suspensions, fines and docked draft picks except for Elway. That, alone, excludes him from the conversation.

He's been awarded games he's lost for years...there are too many to count. He is an invention of the Kraft/Goodell marriage and the advertising contract. He's a great QB...but his legacy definitely comes with an asterisk.

He's had one controversial officiated game in his entire career... that didn't work in his favor. He had 5 in 2017, alone, that benefited him...

NFL has seen to it that he is the face of the League...and it's gotten to the point of being overtly absurd. Last years SB was the lowest rated in a decade...they went to the well one too many times. Nobody is buying it anymore..

It's kind of a shame as I've seen him make some great, clutch throws...only to have the validity wiped away 3 minutes later when the other team is getting screwed over. It's impossible to gauge how good he really is when the NFL repeatedly hands him wins he shouldn't have....especially in big games.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 08-17-2019
One cannot rationally pick Tom Brady over Otto Graham. Otto Graham had more years as a top-three passer and more championships. So Brady is out of the running unless you want to count something like longevity, and I think Otto Graham may stack up well there too if you control for the shorter average career length in his era due to medical technology and smaller paychecks to keep guys playing.

Logically speaking, it has to be either Peyton Manning (most years as a top-three quarterback by far) or Otto Graham (best combo of top-three years and championships), or Dan Marino (most productive quarterback relative to his era, and subjectively threw the prettiest passes).
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:21 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
One cannot rationally pick Tom Brady over Otto Graham. Otto Graham had more years as a top-three passer and more championships. So Brady is out of the running unless you want to count something like longevity, and I think Otto Graham may stack up well there too if you control for the shorter average career length in his era due to medical technology and smaller paychecks to keep guys playing.

Logically speaking, it has to be either Peyton Manning (most years as a top-three quarterback by far) or Otto Graham (best combo of top-three years and championships), or Dan Marino (most productive quarterback relative to his era, and subjectively threw the prettiest passes).
Of course one can. If one is an NFL history illiterate and a moron to boot.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:50 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Why would a Patriots fan start this thread on a chiefs message board? Get a load of this homosexuality.
Because Mass-holes have to universally perpetuate a void of objectivity.

Once they become retrospectively critical of how exactly their "dynasty" was built...there is no putting that cat back in the sham-bag.

So they have to create this facade of "only losers blame the refs" ...and hide behind GOAT chants. They will never admit what everyone else in the NFL already knows....they cant afford to.

Fans of teams like KC tend to be more objective...because years of being on the losing side of officiating does that. They can rationally see if a team is being given preferential treatment. KC got a beneficial call against SF last year..and I immediately pointed it out. I didn't feel threatened by it but didn't like it either. It's easy to identify when you never get those types of breaks.

Mass-holes are so conditioned to expecting every close call to benefit them...they just accept it as common place. It doesn't bother them at all...and pretend it's somehow skill.
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:51 PM 08-17-2019
Brady has the numbers, but Brady also has a huge question mark: would he have done as well without Bellicheck? Manning did well in Indy and Denver. Montana played under Walsh and Young and then Marty. Favre played in GB, NY and Minnesota. I also think that comparing QBs in the pre-SB era to the post-SB era is quite difficult mainly because the game was so different. The poll has Otto Graham and Johnny U from pre-SB days but you should also consider Sid Luckman.

I would answer the question by asking, “If the game were on the line and you needed a QB who could pick up the team and win, who would it be?” And I have a hard time deciding between some of the QBs. Montana, Elway, Favre and Marino all are legitimate answers to that question. I may think HorseFace is an arrogant SOB but he deserves to be in that discussion.

Considering how well he did under various coaches and in different teams, I think the answer would be Montana, although Favre would be a close second. This is as it stands right now. If PMII plays as he has for the next 10+ years (which he should, barring injury*), he will absolutely be in this discussion if not leading it.

Brady? Undoubtedly a great QB but I always get the sense Brady should have an asterisk labeled ‘Bellicheck’ next to his name. Hate him all you want, there is not a better game coach in the league today. Andy Reid is a great offensive coach but I do not think AR can respond to changes in the game as well as Bellicheck can.

Brees? Based on numbers, he deserves to be in this discussion. He benefited from Peyton and he did well in SD before going to NO. Maybe he doesn’t get his due because he was largely overshadowed by the Brady/Manning battle and I would be thrilled if he were guiding my team if the game were on the line. But while I would be thrilled, there are others higher on my list.

The one other QB currently in the league that I think is intriguing and has potential is Baker Mayfield. He has the tools and the mindset. I don’t know whether Cleveland can pull its head out of its ass to fully capitalize on his talents. If Mayfield were on the Patriots, that would be truly scary. And I think PMII has better talent and will be a better QB. But Mayfield has been impressive, particularly considering what a dumpster fire Cleveland has been.

All of that to say that right now, I’d say Montana. In 10 years, I believe Mahomes will be challenging him for that crown.

* to those who do not want to face this, sorry. It’s a part of the game. I’m cold-bloodedly rational. The bad news is that injuries have wrecked promising QB careers (RGIII) and are serious drags on other QB careers (Luck). The good news is that the rules have changed so that QBs are hit less and are not injured as often. PMII’s odds of suffering such an injury are less than they would have been 20 years ago.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:03 PM 08-17-2019
Dawson should be on this list. Hofer and SB winner. Besides Montana- the coolest QB ever.

Only QB to be inducted as a player and for his media accomplishments.
[Reply]
scho63 06:02 PM 08-17-2019
Massive fail of thread and poll and posts with no mention I see of Terry Bradshaw.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:17 PM 08-17-2019
Deflating football's and the Tuck rule bullshit automatically disqualifies Brady...
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:26 AM 08-18-2019
I will always consider Montana the greatest QB of all time. If I could pick one QB to bring my team back in the fourth quarter, it would always be Montana.

He threw 16 TDs in the Super Bowl and 0 interceptions. He came to the Chiefs, THE CHIEFS, and nearly took a team with Willie Davis and JJ Birden at WR to the Super Bowl.

I hate to say it, but Brady may be number 2. I think Bellicheat benefitted from Brady way more than the other way around.

Marino, Manning, Elway, Brees, Favre, Rodgers, and maybe Kelly are in the top QBs ever. I know Rodgers only has one Super Bowl, but until Mahomes he is the most gifted QB that I have ever seen. His greatness will never get the recognition it deserves because Green Bay never really seemed to put an effort into surrounding him with players that could help win another SB.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up