Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:52 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Poll should be split into two sections: before the rules eliminated defense in the NFL and after.
Completely agree.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:17 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Greatest passer of all time is Brees or Warner; everyone else can vie for #3 if they'd like, but as pure passers I've never seen anyone better than those 2.

Greatest multi-threat QB of all time is Steve Young. I think you could've given him any coach and any system at any time and he'd have been able to execute it at the highest level. Steve Young is criminally underrated.
Thank You! I say this all the time. Steve Young is so damn underrated. I suppose it is because he started with the bucs then went over to San Francisco and was overshadowed by Montana, but he was insane good at the peak of his career.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Speaking of wilting under pressure, have you ever seen a summary of Elway's performances in the postseason?
5 super bowl appearances is pretty damn impressive
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
Thank You! I say this all the time. Steve Young is so damn underrated. I suppose it is because he started with the bucs then went over to San Francisco and was overshadowed by Montana, but he was insane good at the peak of his career.

There were twelve QB seasons in the 90s that featured a 100+ passer rating. Steve Young was responsible for six of those.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:37 AM 08-17-2019

I voted for Montana, but PMII is the future
[Reply]
Tges58 07:44 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It pains me to say it, but it's Brady, and to me it's not particularly close. Peyton struggled way more in big games than I'd have liked. Warner was probably the most dominant I've seen in a small stretch, but it was very short. Brees... I can't stand behind him. He benefited big time playing in a dome and outside of 1 super bowl, he's been really mediocre in the playoffs. Probably a lot of that because of the dome thing. Really hard to crown someone as GOAT is he was never an mvp.

Which leaves me with Montana and Brady. A lot of similarities. But I saw Brady dominate with reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his receivers. Whereas Montana typically had an obscene amount of talent.
Montana took KC to the AFCC throwing to guys like Willie Davis, JJ Birden, and Keith Cash.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:00 AM 08-17-2019
Anyone saying anything other than brady just doesnt understand numbers. There used to be some argument for Montana still...but that is long over. About the only thing you can try and claim , is Montana hasn't lost a SB. But that falls apart, because he lost more in the playoffs...

Its Brady by a country Mile....
[Reply]
lcarus 08:07 AM 08-17-2019
The comeback kid, Joe Cool Montana.
[Reply]
notorious 08:08 AM 08-17-2019
Elway built up all of those comebacks thanks to the deficits he created by throwing picks.

He was good, but way overrated thanks to lore.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:36 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Anyone saying anything other than brady just doesnt understand numbers. There used to be some argument for Montana still...but that is long over. About the only thing you can try and claim , is Montana hasn't lost a SB. But that falls apart, because he lost more in the playoffs...

Its Brady by a country Mile....
Tuck Rule,, Spygate, deflategate, and other nefarious shit we don't know about

Plus, he had the rules changed to benefit his immobile playing style

His legacy is tarnished
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 08-17-2019
Brady for me. Just has the numbers and longevity of ass kicking

In terms of pure QB, give me Marino. I don’t think anyone has ever been a pure thrower of the football like he was
[Reply]
crispystl 09:54 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There were twelve QB seasons in the 90s that featured a 100+ passer rating. Steve Young was responsible for six of those.
Whoa that's crazy. I had no idea. Thanks for that.

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:26 AM 08-17-2019
In terms of revolutionizing the way the position is played, and being a clutch player as well, the GOAT is Johnny Unitas. Everyone that followed has been impacted by him in some way.

As far as pure talent along with intelligence, it has to be Peyton Manning.

Brady has had the luxury of spending his entire career playing under the GOAT coach, who pretty much built him into what he is today. Remember, Brady was nothing more than a glorified Alex Smith for the first few years of his career. Belichick coached him into what he is today.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Freakin Cassell. That season alone shows you where the success comes from in that organization.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:32 AM 08-17-2019
Why would a Patriots fan start this thread on a chiefs message board? Get a load of this homosexuality.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:32 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
In terms of revolutionizing the way the position is played, and being a clutch player as well, the GOAT is Johnny Unitas. Everyone that followed has been impacted by him in some way.

As far as pure talent along with intelligence, it has to be Peyton Manning.

Brady has had the luxury of spending his entire career playing under the GOAT coach, who pretty much built him into what he is today. Remember, Brady was nothing more than a glorified Alex Smith for the first few years of his career. Belichick coached him into what he is today.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Freakin Cassell. That season alone shows you where the success comes from in that organization
Also 3-1 during Brady's 4-game suspension with, what, Garropolo and Jacoby Brissett or something?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up