Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:20 AM 08-20-2019
Interesting results.

I'm not surprised Montana won it. He was my #1 until Brady came along, and remains my #2. I'm certainly not going to bad-mouth the guy. He was pure money, and fun as hell to watch.

Interesting that there's clearly just two guys at the very top, and everyone else is waaaay behind. Brady, in 2nd, got more votes than everyone else combined, and then Joe in turn was a pretty good distance ahead of Brady.

The Brady/Manning debate isn't much of a debate anymore it seems. It certainly consumed a ton of bandwidth at one time across the entire internet, including here.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:13 AM 08-20-2019
JFC you're pathetic
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:00 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Chiefs and Broncos have played each other 118 times in their history. In those 118 games, the Broncos averaged a score of 20.6 points. The two teams played 33 games against each other from 1983 through 1998, when John Elway was active. In those 33 games, the Broncos averaged a score of 21.1 points. So Elway was worth half a point per game over the likes of Jake Plummer, Trevor Simien, Kelly Tripucka, and Tim Tebow.

Elway was a mediocre quarterback.

I know you're better at stats than that. Some of those years the Chiefs were fielding absurdly good defenses.

Let's put everything else aside -- if he was mediocre, then you (and other Chiefs fans) wouldn't hate him. Mediocrity doesn't earn hatred, it most typically earns apathy.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:03 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
JFC you're pathetic
For summarizing voting results??

I'm not certain whether your obsessive hatred of the Patriots is sad or funny. Probably some of both to be honest.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:13 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
And Mahomes is playing in the most QB friendly era with a genius offensive HC... So if you are going to criticize Brady for that make sure you bring up what I just mentioned the next time you brag about Mahomes throwing 50 TDs and winning MVP. Can't have it both ways.

Every great QB has had benefits of good to great supporting cast.. Again, team game.
Brady has had the luxury of having absolutely everything from front office to coaching to the right offensive and defensive talent around him.

He's had every piece to the puzzle because NE does all of the right things.

Mahomes would still be elite and an MVP candidate if he didn't play in KC, but there's no way Brady sniffs 6 sbs and is considered the GOAT if he didn't have all of the pieces in place.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:14 AM 08-20-2019
JFC you're pathetic
What kind of douchebag goes to a rival's team and posts this type of thread?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I know you're better at stats than that. Some of those years the Chiefs were fielding absurdly good defenses.

Let's put everything else aside -- if he was mediocre, then you (and other Chiefs fans) wouldn't hate him. Mediocrity doesn't earn hatred, it most typically earns apathy.
He played for a successful division rival. That will always earn hate.

I get more annoyed with the Elway hype than anything. If you dig into his stats, he’s really nothing special.

Even if you account for not playing in a “Passing league”, his stats are still mediocre. 3200 yards, 19 TDs, 14 picks per year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:22 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

The Chiefs fielded absurdly good defenses in other years too, though. There was a ten year stretch before Mr. Elway intruded into our division where the Chiefs were fielding five to six Hall of Famers on defense in the same lineup. Mr. Elway was in the lineup for more than 25 percent of our games against them, so it all evens out in terms of competition.

I actually despise him in part because he WAS mediocre and somehow gets this "greatness" label when every single objective measurement says that he was mediocre. The only area where he excelled was that he played a long time, and he was a #1 pick (by the Colts). He also forced his way from the Colts to a playoff-caliber team, which bolstered his numbers artificially.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He played for a successful division rival. That will always earn hate.

I get more annoyed with the Elway hype than anything. If you dig into his stats, he’s really nothing special.

Even if you account for not playing in a “Passing league”, his stats are still mediocre. 3200 yards, 19 TDs, 14 picks per year.
Yes. Yes. (Pause.) Yes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:29 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Chiefs fielded absurdly good defenses in other years too, though. There was a ten year stretch before Mr. Elway intruded into our division where the Chiefs were fielding five to six Hall of Famers on defense in the same lineup. Mr. Elway was in the lineup for more than 25 percent of our games against them, so it all evens out in terms of competition.

I actually despise him in part because he WAS mediocre and somehow gets this "greatness" label when every single objective measurement says that he was mediocre. The only area where he excelled was that he played a long time, and he was a #1 pick (by the Colts). He also forced his way from the Colts to a playoff-caliber team, which bolstered his numbers artificially.

Yes. Yes. (Pause.) Yes.
Eli Manning has thrown touchdowns at a higher rate than Elway and thrown interceptions at a lower rate than Elway. Elway was basically Eli Manning.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:55 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Brady has had the luxury of having absolutely everything from front office to coaching to the right offensive and defensive talent around him.

Mahomes would still be elite and an MVP candidate if he didn't play in KC, but there's no way Brady sniffs 6 sbs and is considered the GOAT if he didn't have all of the pieces in place.
Okay so Mahomes>Brady. Thanks for clearing that up
[Reply]
New World Order 12:08 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Eli Manning has thrown touchdowns at a higher rate than Elway and thrown interceptions at a lower rate than Elway. Elway was basically Eli Manning.
YES

YES YES YES!!!
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:00 PM 08-20-2019
YES

YES YES YES!!!
Eli Manning is also a better clutch quarterback by far because...

Aw, geez, I hate Eli Manning too because he did the same thing cheating the draft that Elway did. I need a different example.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:31 PM 08-20-2019

Not to mention what a shitshow the AFCE has been for virtually all of Brady’s “reign”, it’s been an almost guaranteed 6 wins for them over the years

I just watched a 30 minute Montana highlight earlier, and Brady has NEVER taken some of the shots Joe did

Montana’s era was sooo much tougher than what Brady dealt with, it’s not even close

Montana wins, you were never leaving here with a victory
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:33 PM 08-23-2019
JFC you're pathetic
I know. I wish that fool would line up the rest of the fools and go take a diving parade in to a river of boiling acid.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:00 PM 08-23-2019
Johnny Unitas, followed by Montana then Brady. But soon, they will all be eclipsed by the great Showtime Mahomes!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up