Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:57 AM 08-16-2019
Get lost fuck face.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:58 AM 08-16-2019
Tommy Maddox.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:58 AM 08-16-2019
Statistically . Drew Brees. And don't give me that Dome crap. If he'd been drafted by Belechick He'd have left Brady in the dust.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:59 AM 08-16-2019
CRAP, I should've included Brees. Jesus. My poll is f'ing invalid. Goddammit!!!
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:01 PM 08-16-2019
If a Mod can add Brees? Dunno if that's even possible. Ah well, let the thread die I guess. Massive, stupid, oversight.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:01 PM 08-16-2019
Patrick Mahomes. Voted "Other".
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:01 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
CRAP, I should've included Brees. Jesus. My poll is f'ing invalid. Goddammit!!!
Well we don't expect you to pay attention to details.

What are you , a lawyer or something.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:07 PM 08-16-2019
for me it's hard to come up with 'The Greatest" just given how much the league has changed/ evolved. And, personally, I don't equate SB wins to a level of greatness; short of a QB carrying his team to a win. It's such a team game, it's hard to say X QB is better than Y because he has more SB wins etc.

I've always thought Marino was a bad MF at QB. Especially back in those days when the QB would actually get hit.

I'd probably have Marino, Montana, Brees, Manning and Brady. but I'd have a hard time slotting them in any order.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:09 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
for me it's hard to come up with 'The Greatest" just given how much the league has changed/ evolved. And, personally, I don't equate SB wins to a level of greatness; short of a QB carrying his team to a win. It's such a team game, it's hard to say X QB is better than Y because he has more SB wins etc.

I've always thought Marino was a bad MF at QB. Especially back in those days when the QB would actually get hit.

I'd probably have Marino, Montana, Brees, Manning and Brady. but I'd have a hard time slotting them in any order.

I think that is a very fair answer. It's hard in any sport, but especially football, which is the ultimate team sport. There is no question but that Montana had some advantage with an innovative system and great talent. Brady an advantage with a great coach and consistency during his entire career. How do you balance that against Marino, who had a great coach, but overall not great talent? Dome vs non-dome?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:12 PM 08-16-2019
I realize that I should say Joe Montana, but I have to vote for Dan Marino. That guy was amazing. He was almost Mahomes-ian in his abilities.

This probably isn't fair to Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas, or Sammy Baugh for that matter. Those guys were before my time, but if you look at them relative to their time, they were amazing players.

Sammy Baugh threw for almost 3,000 yards in 1947 with a 90+ passer rating, and Otto Graham dominated the league for years in both production and championships. Johnny Unitas was the first NFL passer to hit 3,000 yards in 1960, and he did it in a 12-game season.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:12 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I think that is a very fair answer. It's hard in any sport, but especially football, which is the ultimate team sport. There is no question but that Montana had some advantage with an innovative system and great talent. Brady an advantage with a great coach and consistency during his entire career. How do you balance that against Marino, who had a great coach, but overall not great talent? Dome vs non-dome?
You can’t balance it. That’s why GOAT debates are internet and talk radio fodder. I’m not sure if you can pick one single major sport and have an undisputed GOAT. Gretzky would be the closest but I’d bet you get some brushback on that, even.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 12:12 PM 08-16-2019
If I'm being honest the answer has to be Brady.

But Mahomes will pass him in due time :-)
[Reply]
loochy 12:13 PM 08-16-2019
Philip Rivers
[Reply]
New World Order 12:14 PM 08-16-2019
Bernard Pollard
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up