ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 80
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:18 AM 07-27-2015
So I called them got transferred 3 times and that didn't make me happy because I had to keep repeating my self about when it rains I lose reception. I told them that is false advertising claiming 99% reception reliability because if that was true then every time it rains I shouldn't be losing my reception.

So I called them got transferred 3 times and that didn't make me happy because I had to keep repeating my self about when it rains I lose reception. I told them that is false advertising claiming 99% reception reliability because if that was true then every time it rains I shouldn't be losing my reception.

I really hate repeating myself.

Finally got to the person that said she would send out a tech support guy and check if he can do anything with the satellite adjustment but I told her that if it can't be fixed then they need to pick up my dish and I will go back to Cox. He will be out sometime today between noon and 4.

I shouldn't have to worry about missing a game just because it rains. That's shitty service provider & liars to say 99% reliability.

Fuck Direct TV

Fuck Direct TV

I will repeat myself

Fuck Direct TV
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:07 AM 07-27-2015
They really need a team package offer. It's a joke having to pay that much for the service.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:11 AM 07-27-2015
Not gonna call or haggle with them... I found not having NFLST has been kinda nice. Sundays are a little more open and you don't feel guilty for not being home sitting on the couch watching ball all day.

I get probably half or more of the :-) down here in OKC, the rest I can listen to on NFL mobile for a 1/10th of the cost of Sunday Ticket. Just a waste of an expense anymore for no more than what you get in return.

This will be year 2 without it and have to say I really don't miss it.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 12:30 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Not gonna call or haggle with them... I found not having NFLST has been kinda nice. Sundays are a little more open and you don't feel guilty for not being home sitting on the couch watching ball all day.
I never feel guilty for watching football all weekend.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:07 PM 07-27-2015
I feel lil better now the tech guy is here and said that the satellite is out of line and he can fix it. We will see hope it works better but it is cool they got here same day I called for the complaint. So at least that shows effort.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 01:15 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I feel lil better now the tech guy is here and said that the satellite is out of line and he can fix it. We will see hope it works better but it is cool they got here same day I called for the complaint. So at least that shows effort.
Same day service? Holy shit!
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:25 PM 07-27-2015
I love seeing this thread every year, bc its reminder that I need to call about NFLST.
So I spent about 30 mins telling them my sob story about losing 24k a year, and I really need to figure out my monthly budgets, and my TV bill shouldn't give me anxiety, but it does, and I need to change things. I got $25 off a month off for 12 months and NFLST Max for free. Mama is happy! :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:28 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Fuck no. I bust my ass all year and am down for any family event mid Feb-August. September-Super Bowl, I'm on the couch 10 hours every Sunday. Don't even call unless your dying.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:31 PM 07-27-2015
I wonder what is it about some of you they like and not me? I'm very nice and friendly even when complaining about something. But it's like pulling teeth to get a discount and this year, nothing. Just cancelled it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:32 PM 07-27-2015
Me either especially when I am not paying for NFLST anymore...

So If I want to go play golf on Sunday with my son, I don't feel like I should be home watching the NFL games because of Sunday Ticket.

On top of that, I fly a shit ton of Sundays during the NFL season to stadiums across the US. It makes it even more of a waste because of that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:33 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I wonder what is it about some of you they like and not me? I'm very nice and friendly even when complaining about something. But it's like pulling teeth to get a discount and this year, nothing. Just cancelled it.

Unfortunately, being nice and polite don't get you as much as throwing a bitch fit.

I'm the same as you, though. It's hard for me to be an asshole even when the time calls for it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:35 PM 07-27-2015
Same day service? Holy shit!
Yes that kind of surprised me too but the Tech was in the area anyways in town so he didn't have to go out of their way to take care of me. He told me there is a tree that slightly in the way but I should be ok he adjusted the satellite so I should be ok. Rain tomorrow so we will see.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 01:37 PM 07-27-2015
I got 40 off my bill, but they wouldn't discount st at all, so I canceled that portion. I'll call up mid august to try again.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:38 PM 07-27-2015
Got DirecTV for the first time ever this year. First year of ST is free, so that's cool. I guess I'll see how much it's really worth to me next year. Not a huge fan of satellite TV in general, but my only other alternative was TWC and they can suck the meatiest, AIDS dripping cock in the world; so DTV it was.
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:40 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Unfortunately, being nice and polite don't get you as much as throwing a bitch fit.

I'm the same as you, though. It's hard for me to be an asshole even when the time calls for it.
Oh I'm nice as shit. Super nice. I ask them how their day is, when telling my sob story I say its not their problem, its mine but....
I act like I'm torn bc I don't know what to do, I love Directtv but I really, for survival purposes, need to look at other options blah blah blah...
Works almost every time.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 80
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up