ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>House Dems plan vote to criminalize private gun sales
Chief Northman 09:59 PM 02-10-2019
https://www.breitbart.com/podcast/20...les-this-week/

- Green New Deal
- Full term + abortion laws
- More anti-Israel rhetoric from ranking Dem members
- Rape and blackface scandals in Virginia
- The Whitaker show trial attempt

And now a call to criminalize private gun sales in an effort to get “government” in the loop on attacks of the 2nd amendment.

How is 2020 shaping up again? The left is just impolding here.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:10 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
:-)

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have all the guns I need....I know, I know....

My thing now is ammo....every time it goes on sale - I'm there. Wonder how long it will be until Occasional-Cortex decides to outlaw the sale of ammo?
This reminds me of a Chris Rock bit........his solution to gun crime was to make every bullet cost a thousand bucks.

"I really want to kill you....but I got a get job first!"
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:10 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
C has some issues in my opnion.

Let's say your dad leaves you his guns at his death, but you are not the executor or administrator of the estate, then it sounds like the person in that role would have to conduct an FFL firearms transfer, but other than that...it does outlaw private firearms sale between two private parties without an FFL managing the transfer.
In today's environment I simply wouldn't sell a gun to a stranger without an FFL involved. Too great a chance of the sale coming back on me.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:15 AM 02-11-2019
C has some issues in my opnion.

Let's say your dad leaves you his guns at his death, but you are not the executor or administrator of the estate, then it sounds like the person in that role would have to conduct an FFL firearms transfer, but other than that...it does outlaw private firearms sale between two private parties without an FFL managing the transfer.

I haven't delved too far into this proposed legislation (not worried about it) but as of right now, today, a gun can be "gifted" by, say, a Son to his Father or whatever without needing an FFL dealer to run a background check.

Matter of fact, I have two rifles that my Son - over the years -has purchased for me as gifts.

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with that. But that's me. A rational, clear thinking adult.

Now the fascist left? Mucho hand wringing and screaming at the top of their wittle wungs.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:16 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
In today's environment I simply wouldn't sell a gun to a stranger without an FFL involved. Too great a chance of the sale coming back on me.
Absolutely. I've used one everytime
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:19 AM 02-11-2019

Out there in Denver, at least as I remember (unless it has changed), a Background check MUST be ran every time a gun is sold (Gun shows for example).

Again, unless that has changed sine the last time a friend of mine dragged me to one of those shows..
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:45 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Anyone have any guns for sale or trade?

Iím always in the market for more.
Rem 700 7mmSTW
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:53 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Rem 700 7mmSTW

GREAT rifle!! :-)

I have often told the story of my old man (a Colonel at the time) when he picked up a couple of WWII Mausers 7mm at (believe it or not) K Mart. They were covered in Cosmolene and in a barrel.

Bought them for $20-25 a piece in the 60s. Completely refinished them - all the wood, new barrel...the works. Stunningly beautiful. I have mine in the gun cabinet to this day. Wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China....ooops...is that racist? :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 10:10 AM 02-11-2019
Gun show trunk sales FTW.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:30 AM 02-11-2019
Ya know, I see a lot of undocumented/untaxed money changing hands in the future.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:54 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I only have 1 gun that I bought new. Outside of it, every gun I own has been a private transaction. Never once used a FFL. I wouldn't even know how to find one even if I did want to use one. But I was the buyer every time. I have never sold a gun. Selling might give me pause also.

And for prying eyes, I officially only own 1 gun!:-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:31 PM 02-11-2019
Donald Trump should read this shit. It's an actual example of real "fake news."
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 12:37 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I only have 1 gun that I bought new. Outside of it, every gun I own has been a private transaction. Never once used a FFL. I wouldn't even know how to find one even if I did want to use one. But I was the buyer every time. I have never sold a gun. Selling might give me pause also.

And for prying eyes, I officially only own 1 gun!:-)
I traded a gun once at Cabelas, but I've never sold one. I'd probably give them to my kids before selling them anyways.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:05 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Donald Trump should read this shit. It's an actual example of real "fake news."
Serious question, if there is no change to the laws what's the point of this bill?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:34 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Serious question, if there is no change to the laws what's the point of this bill?
Why do you say "no change to the laws"?

If I understand it correctly, the proposal is to require background checks for private sales of guns. Are you saying that's already the law?
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 05:41 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Let's hope they read the bill.
The difficult part is thinking about what's not in the bill.

I saw it was a bipartisan gun bill, so I knew there had to be fuckery afoot, but I couldn't see it right away. It took multiple readings and that mindset to still overlook many of the issues that reason.com listed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up