ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NK - an economic powerhouse!
cosmo20002 12:16 AM 02-09-2019

North Korea, under the leadership of Kim Jong Un, will become a great Economic Powerhouse. He may surprise some but he won’t surprise me, because I have gotten to know him & fully understand how capable he is. North Korea will become a different kind of Rocket - an Economic one!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 9, 2019

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:35 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Get 'em tiger!!

I mean, surely you do get that the entire discourse is

OmiGod, Trump said . . .

- So?

Well, he said. . .

- What are you mad about

He said, . . . Trump said. . .

- And what's the controversy?

He said it, . . again. . . Trump, . . . said.

You're a babbling fool. I'm hoping for better from you.

Simple question - What is the controversy in praising NK's economic potential?
I already told you my issue. I don't really care about Trump's proclamation about DPRK's economic potential (under Kim's awesome leadership).
[Reply]
New World Order 02:30 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Is that a victory if NK continues to progress toward an arsenal of nuclear-capable ICBMs that can reach any city in the US?
It's going to be a long and strenuous process.

But as of right now we're sure in a hell of a lot better position than we were two or three years ago.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:51 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It's going to be a long and strenuous process.

But as of right now we're sure in a hell of a lot better position than we were two or three years ago.
I disagree with both of those.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:04 PM 02-09-2019
Want a good laugh????

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News

Has laid off of Trump since the visit
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Want a good laugh????

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News

Has laid off of Trump since the visit
But they still despise corn. . . . :-)
[Reply]
Donger 03:10 PM 02-09-2019
Get 'em tiger!!

I mean, surely you do get that the entire discourse is

OmiGod, Trump said . . .

- So?

Well, he said. . .

- What are you mad about

He said, . . . Trump said. . .

- And what's the controversy?

He said it, . . again. . . Trump, . . . said.

You're a babbling fool. I'm hoping for better from you.

Simple question - What is the controversy in praising NK's economic potential?

I mean, even at the outset, you admit

Then you realize it's Trump you're talking about, so you have to dig for nonsense adjectives like sensational and unprecedented.

Explain the application of those adjectives, and what denotes them as derogatory in this context.
Babbling? There's nothing in my words to support that.

As to your addition, you think Trump's praise is not unprecedented? I can't think of another POTUS doing anything remotely similar. If you have a comparable event, please present it for review.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 PM 02-09-2019
:-) :-)

Governor of US Virgina province warns children against dangers of tanning beds, citing own tragic example. pic.twitter.com/Qi5iI0GGgJ

— DPRK News Service (@DPRK_News) February 2, 2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:14 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Babbling? There's nothing in my words to support that.

As to your addition, you think Trump's praise is not unprecedented? I can't think of another POTUS doing anything remotely similar. If you have a comparable event, please present it for review.
First off, one other president in history had a grand total of 3-4 years interaction with Un. So yeah, . . . unprecedented.

But the more important point is, why the intonation that unprecedented is bad?

I'm not trolling or being sarcastic. I'm seriously perplexed what everyone is on about.

Tempting the NK populace with the possibility of economic boom is a powerful peaceful weapon in our arsenal.
[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 02-09-2019
First off, one other president in history had a grand total of 3-4 years interaction with Un. So yeah, . . . unprecedented.

But the more important point is, why the intonation that unprecedented is bad?

I'm not trolling or being sarcastic. I'm seriously perplexed what everyone is on about.

Tempting the NK populace with the possibility of economic boom is a powerful peaceful weapon in our arsenal.
It doesn't have to be with Kim. Extrapolate out to other leaders of questionable positions.

I would say that lavishing praise on the despotic leader of a hostile nation is bad, yes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:23 PM 02-09-2019
Sensational, unprecedented, lavish, . . . your retreat into the comfortable ambiguity of adjectives is telling.

All you know is Trump said something, and knowing Trump said something enrages you.

Praising NKs economic potential is a winning strategy.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:24 PM 02-09-2019
It doesn't have to be with Kim. Extrapolate out to other leaders of questionable positions.

I would say that lavishing praise on the despotic leader of a hostile nation is bad, yes.
In this particular case, what is the downside?
[Reply]
Donger 03:24 PM 02-09-2019
Sensational, unprecedented, lavish, . . . your retreat into the comfortable ambiguity of adjectives is telling.

All you know is Trump said something, and knowing Trump said something enrages you.
There's no retreat at all. I can provide examples for all three if you'd like.

I'm not enraged. I do think it isn't a good thing for POTUS to do, but Trump's gonna Trump. Do you think it is a good thing?
[Reply]
Donger 03:26 PM 02-09-2019
In this particular case, what is the downside?
Time will tell. By showing such praise, Kim might think that he has the upper hand and will use it. Or, perhaps Kim needs praise even more than Trump.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:32 PM 02-09-2019
Time will tell. By showing such praise, Kim might think that he has the upper hand and will use it. Or, perhaps Kim needs praise even more than Trump.
How would he exercise this perceived upper hand? You think he will launch an attack because Trump is pumping him up?
[Reply]
Donger 03:35 PM 02-09-2019
How would he exercise this perceived upper hand? You think he will launch an attack because Trump is pumping him up?
I'd rather not find out, so I oppose Trump doing so when it likely isn't necessary.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up