ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019




(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
patteeu 03:49 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't disagree.

What do you think that Mueller should do if he uncovers any crimes not related to Russian coordination? Ignore them?
It depends on what they are, but generally speaking, yes.
[Reply]
Donger 03:50 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It depends on what they are, but generally speaking, yes.
I see. And what would those be?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:50 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Name for me please the number of senior Obama officials who were a) indicted for and b) convicted of, felonies.

Now do the same for trump.

Now compare those two numbers, see which is larger.
:-) Please list them here so we can discuss the actual crime, when it took place and the consequences...

So you believe that you don't need a crime to investigate any individual in the US?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:51 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Of course.
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It depends on what they are, but generally speaking, yes.


So republicans should have ignored Secretary Clinton's email server? (uncovered as part of the sham benghazi investigation)
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:53 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-) Please list them here so we can discuss the actual crime, when it took place and the consequences...

So you believe that you don't need a crime to investigate any individual in the US?
"Your honor, sure my client is guilty af, and I know we're well within the statute of limitations, but look at WHEN he committed the crime"
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:55 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is tax fraud not a crime and event?

No, I didn't see the questions.
Tax fraud... Come on Donger. Trump has always filed his taxes and his audit history is very well known to be extensive by the IRS.

We both know the reasons they are proceeding with their fishing expedition... They want to gain access to his Tax returns and use them in the upcoming Presidential campaign in their class warfare and identity politics strategy.

Trump should never give up his tax returns and I'm sure the SCOTUS would uphold his right for these to remain private.

The Dems took Romney's tax returns and distorted them, even though what he did was very legal based on the laws passed by congress.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:55 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
"Your honor, sure my client is guilty af, and I know we're well within the statute of limitations, but look at WHEN he committed the crime"
Nice tapout... you know the answer doesn't fit your talking points...
[Reply]
patteeu 03:57 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I see. And what would those be?
If they found out that Trump was plotting to kill Nancy Pelosi or Melania, I donít think they should sit back and wait for it to happen. But that doesnít mean I think it should be treated as a prosecutable crime, just that someone should step in to prevent it.

So anyway, my answer was yes.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:59 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
So republicans should have ignored Secretary Clinton's email server? (uncovered as part of the sham benghazi investigation)
No, her activities as SecState were under scrutiny and that wasnít a counterintelligence investigation to begin with.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:59 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Nice tapout... you know the answer doesn't fit your talking points...
Wrong. I think "look at when these crimes were committed!" and "oh but nothing really bad happened as a result (wrong)" are basically the ultimate concession. You know the trump admin is full of criminals, so you make any excuse you can, no matter how stupid.

Remind me, how many senior Obama officials were indicted for, or convicted of felonies (even those pesky process crimes)?

How many 'process crimes' did senior Clinton campaign officials plead guilty to?
[Reply]
Donger 03:59 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If they found out that Trump was plotting to kill Nancy Pelosi or Melania, I donít think they should sit back and wait for it to happen. But that doesnít mean I think it should be treated as a prosecutable crime, just that someone should step in to prevent it.

So anyway, my answer was yes.
So if they came across evidence that he has committed tax fraud (for example), do nothing? That's actually your position? No referring it to some other prosecuter?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:01 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If they found out that Trump was plotting to kill Nancy Pelosi or Melania, I donít think they should sit back and wait for it to happen. But that doesnít mean I think it should be treated as a prosecutable crime, just that someone should step in to prevent it.

So anyway, my answer was yes.
You try to come off a reasonable guy just asking questions. But then once and a while we see how purely partisan you are. For example, when you say that we should ignore crimes committed by the president of the united states and his team, just because they aren't related to crimes involving Russia.

Or when you said there was a 0.1% chance that Creepy Kavanaugh committed sexual assault despite the victim stepping up and testifying under oath.

I'm sure you also think Hillary Clinton is the REAL CRIMINAL, just like all the other slapdicks around here.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:02 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
So republicans should have ignored Secretary Clinton's email server? (uncovered as part of the sham benghazi investigation)
:-) So Mueller's investigation or the Russia investigation has shown crimes that Trump's tax returns are needed... despite his numerous audits. Yea right. The good news is the economy keeps going well, the D's will overplay their cards like the R's did with Clinton...
[Reply]
vailpass 04:03 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You try to come off a reasonable guy just asking questions. But then once and a while we see how purely partisan you are. For example, when you say that we should ignore crimes committed by the president of the united states and his team, just because they aren't related to crimes involving Russia.

Or when you said there was a 0.1% chance that Creepy Kavanaugh committed sexual assault despite the victim stepping up and testifying under oath.

I'm sure you also think Hillary Clinton is the REAL CRIMINAL, just like all the other slapdicks around here.
What country are you from?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:03 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
So if they came across evidence that he has committed tax fraud (for example), do nothing? That's actually your position? No referring it to some other prosecuter?
He said they shouldn't prosecute a criminal conspiracy to assassinate the Speaker of the House! He just thinks they should take steps to prevent.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't think that's prosecutable, but does think they should act on tax fraud.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up