ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019

(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
patteeu 02:54 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Perhaps:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html
We either do or we donít. The difference between what the Republicans did with their house investigations and what Schiff is talking about doing is that the GOP wasnít on a fishing expedition into pre-presidency behavior.
[Reply]
Donger 02:57 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
We either do or we donít. The difference between what the Republicans did with their house investigations and what Schiff is talking about doing is that the GOP wasnít on a fishing expedition into pre-presidency behavior.
That's why I said perhaps.

And the same question I asked IHC, I'll ask you:

Would you care if Trump has committed crimes regarding his finances?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:14 PM 02-09-2019
That's why I said perhaps.

And the same question I asked IHC, I'll ask you:

Would you care if Trump has committed crimes regarding his finances?
Sure, but not as much as I care about the process and the health of our legal and political systems.

Do you think it would be good if we routinely launched investigations into all our elected leaders’ private lives and historic business dealings to root out any crimes they might have committed? I don’t.
[Reply]
Donger 03:21 PM 02-09-2019
Sure, but not as much as I care about the process and the health of our legal and political systems.

Do you think it would be good if we routinely launched investigations into all our elected leadersí private lives and historic business dealings to root out any crimes they might have committed? I donít.
Okay.

If there's reason to suspect that such an investigation is warranted, sure, I have no problem with it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:26 PM 02-09-2019
No.
How do you know? I bet if we investigated your finances we could find something you werenít honest about.
[Reply]
Donger 03:27 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
How do you know? I bet if we investigated your finances we could find something you werenít honest about.
I know because they are my finances. No, you wouldn't.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:28 PM 02-09-2019
Okay.

If there's reason to suspect that such an investigation is warranted, sure, I have no problem with it.
They are warranted for anyone In Public office for more than 4 years.

For sure should launch them into Nancyís financial history.
[Reply]
Taco John 03:29 PM 02-09-2019
Perhaps:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html
Wow. That article is Orwellian. The imagery of it speaks volumes about the narrative the NY Slimes is trying to advance.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:29 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Have you ever committed tax fraud?
have you?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:30 PM 02-09-2019
Okay.

I think itís also objectionable if a legit counterintelligence investigation into possible Trump/Russia isnít limited in its ability to spawn criminal investigations that are unrelated to the Trump/Russia focus. Itís important to have a lot of latitude in counterintelligence investigations that arenít normally allowed in criminal investigations, but the criminal investigation safeguards are meaningless if you can circumvent them by collecting/identifying evidence using counterintelligence processes and tools.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:32 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Is he not openly gay? This is news to me if he's not.

If he's not openly gay and living it authentically, that's his choice. It makes no difference to me either way.
That twerp is a bone smoker? Yeah, that makes sense.
[Reply]
Donger 03:33 PM 02-09-2019
I think it’s also objectionable if a legit counterintelligence investigation into possible Trump/Russia isn’t limited in its ability to spawn criminal investigations that are unrelated to the Trump/Russia focus. It’s important to have a lot of latitude in counterintelligence investigations that aren’t normally allowed in criminal investigations, but the criminal investigation safeguards are meaningless if you can circumvent them by collecting/identifying evidence using counterintelligence processes and tools.
I don't disagree.

What do you think that Mueller should do if he uncovers any crimes not related to Russian coordination? Ignore them?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:33 PM 02-09-2019
I know because they are my finances. No, you wouldn't.
So youíre saying you know all the tax laws?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:37 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Two years overdue. We know for a fact Trump has lied about his dealings in Russia and with whom.
While the real criminal(Hillary) just skates away.:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:46 PM 02-09-2019
I don't disagree.

What do you think that Mueller should do if he uncovers any crimes not related to Russian coordination? Ignore them?
Of course.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up