ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019

(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
See, in America we are supposed to investigate crimes or events not individuals. If you missed the hearings yesterday, did you see Jim Jordan’s line of questions?
Is tax fraud not a crime and event?

No, I didn't see the questions.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:17 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Would you care if Trump has committed crimes regarding his finances?
Would you care if Obama ran guns to cartels for profit?
[Reply]
Donger 02:19 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Would you care if Obama ran guns to cartels for profit?
Yes. I had no issues with the Republicans having hearings and investigations into potential Obama crimes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:21 PM 02-09-2019
Yes. I had no issues with the Republicans having hearings and investigations into potential Obama crimes.
So you are saying Obama committed crimes?
[Reply]
Donger 02:21 PM 02-09-2019
So you are saying Obama committed crimes?
I stated potential crimes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:22 PM 02-09-2019
I stated potential crimes.
Can’t be “potential”. You’re guilty until proved otherwise.
[Reply]
Donger 02:23 PM 02-09-2019
Can’t be “potential”. You’re guilty until proved otherwise.
Do I need to put you in the same column as Glory?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:26 PM 02-09-2019
Do I need to put you in the same column as Glory?
Did he or did he not commit crimes? Are those “potentia” crimes actually crimes or not? What makes them “potential”?
[Reply]
Donger 02:28 PM 02-09-2019
Did he or did he not commit crimes? Are those “potentia” crimes actually crimes or not? What makes them “potential”?
I don't know if he did or did not. I'm also not aware of what charge could be brought against Obama, or could have been. Hence, potential crimes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:31 PM 02-09-2019
I don't know if he did or did not. I'm also not aware of what charge could be brought against Obama, or could have been. Hence, potential crimes.
But Trump finances?
[Reply]
Donger 02:33 PM 02-09-2019
But Trump finances?
I don't know if he did or did not. But if it was fine to go after Obama, why is it not the same to go after Trump?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:37 PM 02-09-2019
I don't know if he did or did not. But if it was fine to go after Obama, why is it not the same to go after Trump?
So your saying that going after Obama was and is justified? How important were Trumps fianaces to you 6 years ago?
[Reply]
Donger 02:41 PM 02-09-2019
So your saying that going after Obama was and is justified? How important were Trumps fianaces to you 6 years ago?
Again:

If Trump committed tax fraud, it is important to me. I'd like to think it would be important to all Americans.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:45 PM 02-09-2019
Again:

If Trump committed tax fraud, it is important to me. I'd like to think it would be important to all Americans.
Have you ever committed tax fraud?
[Reply]
Donger 02:47 PM 02-09-2019
Have you ever committed tax fraud?
No.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up