ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019




(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
Taco John 10:54 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
You elected a criminal and gave him 2+ years.

Time to come back to reality and face justice.

Enjoy.

[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:05 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Is he not openly gay? This is news to me if he's not.










If he's not openly gay and living it authentically, that's his choice. It makes no difference to me either way.
:-)I'm really not sure if you're serious, but it does seem to make a difference to you.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:34 PM 02-08-2019
Ahh. I pine for the good old days of trying to decide if Obama was actually an American citizen or not. Twas truly the Golden Age of democracy.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:39 PM 02-08-2019
I expect Schiff to be under ethics violations investigation by this time next week..
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:42 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Ahh. I pine for the good old days of trying to decide if Obama was actually an American citizen or not. Twas truly the Golden Age of democracy.
Kenyan Kabooky
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:55 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
And who the hell is Peter Schiff?
It's not Peter Schiff who is a finance guy with his own investment firm. It's Adam Schiff—the congress critter with the big bug-eyes, who has his own Russian investment skeletons he doesn't want exposed that could be considered a conflict of interest too. They have to get Trump, before Trump can get them. It's just like with the blackface and the sexual assault charges. It's takes one to think someone else is doing the same thing.

Schiff has energy and aluminum investments in Russia. There was a stock Pelosi's husband invested in that was not highly valued, which soared after she got a certain bill passed. And don't get me going on the corruption of Maxine Waters regarding a bank her husband worked for.

So I say Schiff claims to be doing his job by investigating Trump's activities as a private citizen. LOL!. He claims he won't be intimidated or fear attacks, but that's what he and the others are doing exactly to Trump. Of course, all while HiLiaRy gets away with her own corruption.

They are MASSIVE hypocrites.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:57 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Ahh. I pine for the good old days of trying to decide if Obama was actually an American citizen or not. Twas truly the Golden Age of democracy.
You have that confused with Athens.
[Reply]
kstater 12:21 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Is he not openly gay? This is news to me if he's not.





If he's not openly gay and living it authentically, that's his choice. It makes no difference to me either way.


If it makes no difference either way, why even mention what you think his sexual preferences are when calling him an “unhinged gay congressman”?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:37 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's not Peter Schiff who is a finance guy with his own investment firm. It's Adam Schiff—the congress critter with the big bug-eyes, who has his own Russian investment skeletons he doesn't want exposed that could be considered a conflict of interest too. They have to get Trump, before Trump can get them. It's just like with the blackface and the sexual assault charges. It's takes one to think someone else is doing the same thing.

Schiff has energy and aluminum investments in Russia. There was a stock Pelosi's husband invested in that was not highly valued, which soared after she got a certain bill passed. And don't get me going on the corruption of Maxine Waters regarding a bank her husband worked for.

So I say Schiff claims to be doing his job by investigating Trump's activities as a private citizen. LOL!. He claims he won't be intimidated or fear attacks, but that's what he and the others are doing exactly to Trump. Of course, all while HiLiaRy gets away with her own corruption.

They are MASSIVE hypocrites.
Oh BEP, you just have a way with words.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:50 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Two years overdue. We know for a fact Trump has lied about his dealings in Russia and with whom.
So what has Mueller been doing this whole time? :-)
[Reply]
Taco John 03:25 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
If it makes no difference either way, why even mention what you think his sexual preferences are when calling him an “unhinged gay congressman”?
That's very simple - it's because he's kind of bitchy. He doesn't come across well on television. The point I was making is that I welcome an unhinged, bitchy gay man to become the face of the Democrats at this juncture. I don't care what he does with his penis. I'm more interested in what he does with the camera time. I hope he makes the kind of use of it that I expect he will.
[Reply]
scho63 11:02 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
You elected a criminal and gave him 2+ years.

Time to come back to reality and face justice.

Enjoy.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:28 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's not Peter Schiff who is a finance guy with his own investment firm. It's Adam Schiff—the congress critter with the big bug-eyes, who has his own Russian investment skeletons he doesn't want exposed that could be considered a conflict of interest too. They have to get Trump, before Trump can get them. It's just like with the blackface and the sexual assault charges. It's takes one to think someone else is doing the same thing.

Schiff has energy and aluminum investments in Russia. There was a stock Pelosi's husband invested in that was not highly valued, which soared after she got a certain bill passed. And don't get me going on the corruption of Maxine Waters regarding a bank her husband worked for.

So I say Schiff claims to be doing his job by investigating Trump's activities as a private citizen. LOL!. He claims he won't be intimidated or fear attacks, but that's what he and the others are doing exactly to Trump. Of course, all while HiLiaRy gets away with her own corruption.

They are MASSIVE hypocrites.
Ummmm....

I was taking a shot at Taco. He incorrectly put “Peter” in the thread headline instead of Adam.
[Reply]
Donger 11:57 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'll bet Donger is on board.
Not really. But as Nixon once said...
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:07 PM 02-09-2019
Good. The American people spoke loudly in the midterms, handing the democrats a 40 seat victory in the house. This is the kind of they we expected them to do.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up